Old 04-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #31
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117
Default Re: Anything for Fedor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Remind me, who has Overeem beaten since he moved to heavyweight?
Todd Duffee?
Brett Rogers?
Paul Buentello?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler View Post
Just tell me who you believe is BETTER then the current DREAM,STRIKEFORCE and K1 WORD GP CHAMPION..

Im willing to listen...
Badr Hari comes to mind, i dont know if Fedor would win but i would be a fight worth watching.
Werdum and JDS
greathamza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #32
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I dont need to remind you as you more then likely gathered your info from wikipedia already..

Just tell me who you believe is BETTER then the current DREAM,STRIKEFORCE and K1 WORD GP CHAMPION..

Im willing to listen...
Nobody should be suprised if Overeem get's demolished by Silva, Werdum, Barnett, Fedor, Cain, JDS.

All those guy's are more than capable of knocking him cold, subbing him or beating him up.

The Overeem hype is too much and he's not this all new unbeatable, unstoppable Ubereem monster that he's made out to be.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #33
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz View Post
Nobody should be suprised if Overeem get's demolished by Silva, Werdum, Barnett, Fedor, Cain, JDS.

All those guy's are more than capable of knocking him cold, subbing him or beating him up.

The Overeem hype is too much and he's not this all new unbeatable, unstoppable Ubereem monster that he's made out to be.
and not to forget he is on steroids
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #34
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
I dont need to remind you as you more then likely gathered your info from wikipedia already..

Im willing to listen...
This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Anybody who's beaten a top 10 heavyweight has done more than Overeem to prove their a contender in the division

K-1 is a different sport

He's made one defence of his Strikeforce Title in four years

He's the interim Dream champ and only had to beat a Todd Duffee who had taken the fight on short notice. Duffee its worth remembering had been cut from the UFC after losing to Russow.

Not saying Overeem doesn't have the potential to be great but he's not proven yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Oh and in answer to your question Velasquez and Dos Santos. Carwin or Brock as well if they could tweak their game / Overeem's takedown defense is lacking
Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Werdum and JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz View Post

I'll go ahead and add Sergei to that list, him and Werdum have both beaten him before, there's no reason to think they can't do it again.

Also, how do you get top 5 p4p from a guy who's losses are in the double digits at a lower weight?

Overeem may well go on a tear for the next few years and secure himself a spot as the number 1 heavyweight. But until he starts fighting guys that are actually legitimately ranked inside the top 10 he is not a top 10 heavyweight.
Primate is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum