Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Eddie Alvarez: "They're Only Important Names Because They Fight In The UFC"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"You're just mentioning names. And they're only important names why? Because they fight for the UFC. Or else they'd be nobodies. The UFC does a great job of pushing them, and they're popular. It doesn't mean they're talented. It just means they're known... I guarantee that if you put them in a tournament structure like Bellator, they're not going to win it every time. Gray Maynard? Kenny Florian? All these guys, they're UFC fighters, that's all. They're pushed by the UFC, but when they leave the UFC, they're forgotten. When's the last time you heard Josh Neer's name? You haven't. When's the last time you heard about Roger Huerta? You haven't. They're no ones anymore. What were they two years ago? They were superstars."

Full Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Eddie Alvarez: "They're Only Important Names Because They Fight In The UFC"

And the point is?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Eddie Alvarez: "They're Only Important Names Because They Fight In The UFC"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
And the point is?
read it again and again and again, dont just skim over it like you usually do Stoo.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
read it again and again and again, dont just skim over it like you usually do Stoo.
I read it, fighters in the UFC are more famous than Bellator. Not exactly brain science is it?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
I read it, fighters in the UFC are more famous than Bellator. Not exactly brain science is it?
He's saying they're not really that talented but ufc makes it seem like they're world class. He made a great point about huerta and neer.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
He's saying they're not really that talented but ufc makes it seem like they're world class. He made a great point about huerta and neer.
I understood it fine thanks. Huerta was a very entertaining fighter to watch, hence the hype. But I dont think anyone on here claimed he was elite did they? Im sure there maybe some who did, but Im not here to defend them. But you get this type of thing with all sports? Remember the hype about Pavlik being an ATG on these boards a few years ago as an example. If Eddie is tryna imply he's better than Ken and Gray, then good for him, I admire his confidence. But we will never know until he actually fights one of them

And Josh Neer...seriously?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

How about Brock Lesnar? Stoo I know your get really defensive when someone shines a light on Zuffa but come one man you dont have to be a Troll when a fighter speaks the truth.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Im not being defensive at all I asked a simple question, which I know you dont like answering, Like naming these Welterweights. And why your constantly talking about the hyping of Brock when your the post who mention him the most? Or how exactly is M1 is bigger than the UFC in Europe. Or how the UFC is exclusively full of lay and pray fighters? Or what is the difference between a Zuffa Zombie and an m1 Moron. We've discussed these issues many times and you've yet to give me a valid answer. If that is trolling then so be it. But surely copying and pasting the same old shit and avoiding legitimate questions like the ones above is trolling aswell right?

IF I think Zuffa's shit stinks I'll say so. Check my post history regarding the Zuffa/Sf takeover if you dont believe me
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 02:59 AM   #9
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Is it because you continually ask idiotic questions? Vitor got it in one go, why cant you? Its clear as day.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:45 AM   #10
Dave_j1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Yeah Stoo what were you thinking dude? If Eddie Alverez says it, it must be true, right?? UFC's talent pool is just a sham, guys like GSP, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, none of these guys are actually talented it's just the UFC marketing machine at work.
Dave_j1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 04:08 AM   #11
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

it goes both ways though.
if cheick kongo or tito ortiz went to bellator tomorrow theyd be promoted as megastars of mma when truth be told theyre just ufc gatekeepers.
In fact kalib starnes was headlining their shows Immediately after being punted by the ufc
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 04:23 AM   #12
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218

"They're only important names because they play in the NBA."

See what I did there?

(Oh, and before anyone says, "it's different, that's a team sport," no shit.)
James23 is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 05:51 AM   #13
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

This is how shitty products sell in the business world, which the UFC is now part of. Eddie Alvarez is a great fighter and fun to watch but, casual fans won't go out of their way to watch em.
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 05:54 AM   #14
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
"They're only important names because they play in the NBA."

See what I did there?

(Oh, and before anyone says, "it's different, that's a team sport," no shit.)
No, its different because the NBA is the official big leagues while the ufc is not
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 06:20 AM   #15
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I've been saying for years that I'm the best in the world at 170, but no one will acknowledge it because I don't fight in the UFC. Finally Eddie has come out and dropped some truth bombs.

In all seriousness, the best boxer in the world is probably some bloke from Eastern Europe that none of us have ever heard of, the best wrestler is some Indian guy training in a sand pit, the best kickboxer is lives in a hut near the Cambodian border, the best grappler is teaching a few guys on the mats in his garage. We'll never know who any of these guys are or how good they are because we can't see them.

You can only rank what you can see, and just like K-1 is the best platform for kickboxing and the Mundials or ADCC is the best platform for grappling, the UFC in the most visible platform for MMA.
Primate is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum