Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #16
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Eddie Alvarez: "They're Only Important Names Because They Fight In The UFC"

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Is it because you continually ask idiotic questions? Vitor got it in one go, why cant you? Its clear as day.
As I said I understood it just fine. And why is it idiotic to question your reasons for making bold generalisations as you like to do? You've yet to answer 1 of them but have the cheek to call them idiotic. You are full of shit Morono, but thank you for the attempt at being patronising, it made me laugh.

So I'll ask again.

Who are these Welterweights outside the UFC that GSP should be fighting as opposed to the overhyped bums who are on his record?

And why your constantly talking about the hyping of Brock when your the post who mentions him the most?

How exactly is M1 is bigger than the UFC in Europe?

How the UFC is exclusively full of lay and pray fighters?

And it would be nice to get a reply dealing with these issues you keep bringing up, and not some sort of statement implying Im and idiot
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #17
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Eddie Alvarez: "They're Only Important Names Because They Fight In The UFC"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_j1985 View Post
Yeah Stoo what were you thinking dude? If Eddie Alverez says it, it must be true, right?? UFC's talent pool is just a sham, guys like GSP, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, none of these guys are actually talented it's just the UFC marketing machine at work.

Ahhh shit Dave I wasnt thinking. I was just repeating the Zuffa Zombie mantra blindly when I should have been listening to Moronos bullshit again. Im a grown man of 28 years of being on this planet and I just do what Im told by the TV

I guess I'll never be a rocket surgeon
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #18
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
I've been saying for years that I'm the best in the world at 170, but no one will acknowledge it because I don't fight in the UFC. Finally Eddie has come out and dropped some truth bombs.

In all seriousness, the best boxer in the world is probably some bloke from Eastern Europe that none of us have ever heard of, the best wrestler is some Indian guy training in a sand pit, the best kickboxer is lives in a hut near the Cambodian border, the best grappler is teaching a few guys on the mats in his garage. We'll never know who any of these guys are or how good they are because we can't see them.

You can only rank what you can see, and just like K-1 is the best platform for kickboxing and the Mundials or ADCC is the best platform for grappling, the UFC in the most visible platform for MMA.
You've got to beat Josh Neer and TUF Journeymen to be no 1 in my eyes fella

But the rest of your post is common sense which I agree with totally. But that will be lost on some people
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #19
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
I guess I'll never be a rocket surgeon

Primate is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #20
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBeast View Post
No, its different because the NBA is the official big leagues while the ufc is not
You have no credibility now.
James23 is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #21
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
I've been saying for years that I'm the best in the world at 170, but no one will acknowledge it because I don't fight in the UFC. Finally Eddie has come out and dropped some truth bombs.

In all seriousness, the best boxer in the world is probably some bloke from Eastern Europe that none of us have ever heard of, the best wrestler is some Indian guy training in a sand pit, the best kickboxer is lives in a hut near the Cambodian border, the best grappler is teaching a few guys on the mats in his garage. We'll never know who any of these guys are or how good they are because we can't see them.
That's garbage.

Those people are hungry too, they want to make a living. And if they're so good at what they do they must spend a lot of time training their art. If so, that means they want to get paid for it. If they want to get paid for it and if they were any good they would've made it far enough to be noticed by public.

If you think that they're SO ****ing talented that they are just the best boxers or fighters in the world(meanwhile not really proven against anyone) and can STILL make money off of some other job, then you might as well believe in tooth fairy.

How can you even speculate that some lonely guy near Cambodia that hasn't tested his skill against ANYone is the best. How would HE speculate he's the best? How the hell did he become the best if he trains against people who aren't nearly as skilled to push him forward?
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #22
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Totally missed the point there ufoalf. Go back and read the paragraph you deleted in the quote
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #23
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
it goes both ways though.
if cheick kongo or tito ortiz went to bellator tomorrow theyd be promoted as megastars of mma when truth be told theyre just ufc gatekeepers.
In fact kalib starnes was headlining their shows Immediately after being punted by the ufc
tito was a megastar in the UFC in his prime now he is a gatekeeper
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #24
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

That's because all the best fighters are in the UFC. Eddie Alvarez will be in the UFC one day too as long as he keeps winning at these small Bellator shows.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #25
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
That's because all the best fighters are in the UFC. Eddie Alvarez will be in the UFC one day too as long as he keeps winning at these small Bellator shows.
henderson, fedor, overeem, bigfoot, king mo and so on arent in the fc
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #26
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
henderson, fedor, overeem, bigfoot, king mo and so on arent in the fc
They're also not the top fighters in their respective divisions.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #27
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Basically all he said was that UFC guys have the advantage of the Zuffa hype machine, that turns unproven or fighters of Journeyman status into top ranked worldbeaters in the MMA media and rankings.

Basically all he is saying is that Zuffa has fantastic marketing, without it many fighters would not be MMA stars. Does anybody really disagree with that?
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #28
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
That's garbage.

Those people are hungry too, they want to make a living. And if they're so good at what they do they must spend a lot of time training their art. If so, that means they want to get paid for it. If they want to get paid for it and if they were any good they would've made it far enough to be noticed by public.

If you think that they're SO ****ing talented that they are just the best boxers or fighters in the world(meanwhile not really proven against anyone) and can STILL make money off of some other job, then you might as well believe in tooth fairy.

How can you even speculate that some lonely guy near Cambodia that hasn't tested his skill against ANYone is the best. How would HE speculate he's the best? How the hell did he become the best if he trains against people who aren't nearly as skilled to push him forward?
You kinda missed my point there, mate.

Just to reiterate:

You can only rank what you can see, and just like K-1 is the best platform for kickboxing and the Mundials or ADCC is the best platform for grappling, the UFC in the most visible platform for MMA.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #29
Dave_j1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
Basically all he said was that UFC guys have the advantage of the Zuffa hype machine, that turns unproven or fighters of Journeyman status into top ranked worldbeaters in the MMA media and rankings.

Basically all he is saying is that Zuffa has fantastic marketing, without it many fighters would not be MMA stars. Does anybody really disagree with that?
He also said "It doesn't mean they're talented. It just means they're known" which is what I think was the TS point, which is ridiculous. How he can say guys like GSP, AS, Jon Jones etc etc aren't talented, just famous is really beyond comprehension.
Dave_j1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #30
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_j1985 View Post
He also said "It doesn't mean they're talented. It just means they're known" which is what I think was the TS point, which is ridiculous. How he can say guys like GSP, AS, Jon Jones etc etc aren't talented, just famous is really beyond comprehension.

I doubt he was talking about every single fighter in the UFC. But some guys like Florian are seen as one of the best and for a time was considered 2nd best lightweight in the world when guys like Alverez and Melendez and Aoki are better but dont have the same exposer.

Its like fedor compared to brock lesnar, so many were saying Lesnar would beat fedor because of hype, then of course their were those who didnt even know who fedor was.

This is the advantage of fighting for the largest MMA org in the world.
yaca you is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum