Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 04-06-2011, 02:57 AM   #61
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Re: green v tarver is on

He looks flabby in the pic - weight will fall off that body easily if he trains properly - and 14 weeks is plenty for a guy that's been at the lower weight most of his life.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 03:00 AM   #62
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

As you know mate, 16kg in 14 weeks is nothing really, especially when you're overweight to begin with. I'm sure these negotiations were started a while ago, so there's nothing to say he's not already training and attempting to curb his weight.

Like I said, I really hope he's lighter than 200lbs anyway mate. His stamina and speed will be better, if he is. I think it'd be great to see Tarver come in at a fairly lean 185lbs. He'd carry the weight well.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 03:21 AM   #63
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

he would already be training.

he has plenty of time.

look at the pic above, the only training for that weight was eating hamburgers all day.

it would be a piece of piss to make 200. so stop being drama queens u haters
buster007 is online now  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 03:21 AM   #64
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
As you know mate, 16kg in 14 weeks is nothing really, especially when you're overweight to begin with. I'm sure these negotiations were started a while ago, so there's nothing to say he's not already training and attempting to curb his weight.

Like I said, I really hope he's lighter than 200lbs anyway mate. His stamina and speed will be better, if he is. I think it'd be great to see Tarver come in at a fairly lean 185lbs. He'd carry the weight well.
very true, im just very sceptical of Danny & his team in doing anything and everything in their power to gain an advantage over an opponent. Ill give Danny props for getting a big name out here but it also would have been nice to see him fighting someone active and not at the end of their career, i guess thats my sceptizism again but you really cant blame anyone for that other than Danny "waving DVD in the Air" Green.

I nver really liked Green to begin with being a Mundine fan but when he waved that DVD around like we were all retards and he had the cure i lost what little respect i did have for the guy and reading his book just makes me dislike him even more because of how much of a hypocrite liar he is.

If this fight doesnt go through my prediction is Cameron will be the replacment and was planned to be all along.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 03:46 AM   #65
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

good competitive fight.
for those whingeing i want to hear it now that tarver has no chance? whos willing to say it now and not wait to have a big cry about "washed up useless tarver" AFTER danny gets his hand raised?
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #66
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I am just sceptical about tcoxsuka know anything about boxing? or even ever getting vaguely close to a boxing ring?

Look at tarver in press pics from today, no way he's at 100kg. he's know about the fight for 3 months so has had plenty of time to start shedding.
shiner is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 03:50 AM   #67
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
I am just sceptical about tcoxsuka know anything about boxing? or even ever getting vaguely close to a boxing ring?

Look at tarver in press pics from today, no way he's at 100kg. he's know about the fight for 3 months so has had plenty of time to start shedding.
Agree mate...just saw the fox sports news interview...he had a jacket on but didnt look fat in the face....Im looking forward to this one for sure
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 04:10 AM   #68
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Not bad...not bad.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 AM   #69
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I like this fight, if tarver comes in under 200 pounds, it will be a good fight.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #70
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

the story in the play here is who ever wins get a shot at bhop....considering bhop will win his next fight.....green wins this and makes $$$$$ and sets him up for another fight with huge $$$$$$$ or he can retire....might even be his swan song.
green wins by ko.....
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 04:34 AM   #71
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Imo people on this board are selling Antonio Tarver short in this match up. I will make a few points -

* This is one opponent where a 185 catchweight won't hurt them against Green. As others have said that is probably Tarvers best weight nowadays and he was fat and puffy at 221 in his last fight.

* Imo Tarver is easily the biggest puncher Danny Green has fought.

* No chance Green hurts/stops Tarver. Legends of the sport haven't, he has a granite chin at or around light heavyweight.

* Tarver is a naturally bigger man than Green. Taller plus he is a southpaw.

* Lets be honest here, Tarver even at 42 is much more skillful than Danny Green.

Provided the judges are fair then i think Tarver can win this fight.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 04:36 AM   #72
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
very true, im just very sceptical of Danny & his team in doing anything and everything in their power to gain an advantage over an opponent. Ill give Danny props for getting a big name out here but it also would have been nice to see him fighting someone active and not at the end of their career, i guess thats my sceptizism again but you really cant blame anyone for that other than Danny "waving DVD in the Air" Green.

I nver really liked Green to begin with being a Mundine fan but when he waved that DVD around like we were all retards and he had the cure i lost what little respect i did have for the guy and reading his book just makes me dislike him even more because of how much of a hypocrite liar he is.

If this fight doesnt go through my prediction is Cameron will be the replacment and was planned to be all along.
Green too is at the end of his career and it will be about
7 months since the Flores fight when they fight.im not
Greens biggest fan but this is a good fight IMO.
if there is no dannyweight/incentive bonus shennanigans
which there shouldnt be because Tarver wouldnt be short of a quid.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #73
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

I can't wait to hear Tarvers mouth at the press conferences etc etc.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #74
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

just watched the fox presser on their site, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Tarvers not looking to bad, hard to tell by just looking at his face but it does look promising. I hope Tarver knocks Danny the fck out.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 05:46 AM   #75
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
the story in the play here is who ever wins get a shot at bhop....considering bhop will win his next fight.....green wins this and makes $$$$$ and sets him up for another fight with huge $$$$$$$ or he can retire....might even be his swan song.
green wins by ko.....
Bernard just signed a three fight deal with HBO. The first fight is his rematch with Pascal, the second is a contractually obligated fight against Chad Dawson as long as he beats Diaconu on the undercard. BHop is tied up for a while so I can't see the winner of Tarver Green fighting Bernard any time soon.
daz52 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum