TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Nunn V Sergio Martinez

Nunn UD or stoppage. Martinez mid fight breather and low hands would be is undoing. You can't fight second to Nunn like that.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Martinez is already an all time great to so many of those **** nuthuggers in the general forum.
red cobra is online now  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Martinez is already an all time great to so many of those **** nuthuggers in the general forum.
I've been a Martinez fan since around 03 RC, he beat a few of our top Brit contenders that year, he disapeared back to Argentina and didn't get big fights, I thought he was world class then thought and hoped he'd mix it with the big boys, I thought he'd missed his chance then he fought Bunema who looked pretty good fresh off ko'ing Karmazin (1 of my friends thought Karmazin would beat Hoya when they were both in the division). Then his run of Cintron, Williams, Pavlik, Williams, Dzinderuk was mighty mighty impressive. Williams was a freak of nature with flaws, much like Nunn, Pavlik the linear MW champ never beaten at the weight, Dzinderuk the undefeated LMW champ. That is something special, not an ATG and he does have his flaws, but a true champion no doubt

As for this match up, I'm torn, Nunn is very difficult for any MW
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
I've been a Martinez fan since around 03 RC, he beat a few of our top Brit contenders that year, he disapeared back to Argentina and didn't get big fights, I thought he was world class then thought and hoped he'd mix it with the big boys, I thought he'd missed his chance then he fought Bunema who looked pretty good fresh off ko'ing Karmazin (1 of my friends thought Karmazin would beat Hoya when they were both in the division). Then his run of Cintron, Williams, Pavlik, Williams, Dzinderuk was mighty mighty impressive. Williams was a freak of nature with flaws, much like Nunn, Pavlik the linear MW champ never beaten at the weight, Dzinderuk the undefeated LMW champ. That is something special, not an ATG and he does have his flaws, but a true champion no doubt

As for this match up, I'm torn, Nunn is very difficult for any MW
Oh I agree PP...Martinez is impressive with these accomplishments, but I think it's way premature to consign him the mantle of "great" yet..and yes, I think Nunn would be most problematic for him..Nunn at his best was worth remembering..and not the version that Toney stopped.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Oh I agree PP...Martinez is impressive with these accomplishments, but I think it's way premature to consign him the mantle of "great" yet..and yes, I think Nunn would be most problematic for him..Nunn at his best was worth remembering..and not the version that Toney stopped.
Martinez is on the cusp of greatness for me, C. I have him beating these following opponents in his last five outings.

Kermit Cintron
Paul Williams x2
Kelly Pavlik
Sergiy Dzinziruk
Addie is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Martinez is on the cusp of greatness for me, C. I have him beating these following opponents in his last five outings.

Kermit Cintron
Paul Williams x2
Kelly Pavlik
Sergiy Dzinziruk
True...he could very well get there..and if Pac makes the mistake of going for that "bridge too far" by taking Martinez on..that would grease the skids big time for Sergio.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #8
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

Kermit Cintron
Paul Williams x2
Kelly Pavlik
Sergiy Dzinziruk
Perhaps but at this point Nunn's record is still deeper with victories over an undefeated Frank Tate, Kalambay, Barkley, Starling, and a bit shop worn Curry. His second level victories are also impressive, Watts, Scully, Cordoba, etc.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Perhaps but at this point Nunn's record is still deeper with victories over an undefeated Frank Tate, Kalambay, Barkley, Starling, and a bit shop worn Curry. His second level victories are also impressive, Watts, Scully, Cordoba, etc.
Curry was shop worn but Starling wasn't? Tate had problems going into that fight according to his trainer, Jesse Reid, but it was a fabulous performance. Tate was no outstanding fighter though. Not really. Fair points though. I'm actually a fair big Nunn fan, S. I think at his best he gives most if not all Middleweights a hell of a fight.
Addie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum