Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Nick Diaz doesn't want to be interviewed by Ariel Helwani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Guess who said this.

"I've watched tapes of him fight. I can't stay up. He's so boring I go to sleep, man,".

Stoo watches and trains Ultimate Fighting
I give up, who said that
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #17
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
I don't think fights should be judged by literal damage, it is more figurative i.e. punching someone in the face should score more than a takedown.
Takedowns kinda hurt.

I think it depends on the takedown, like when edgar slammed maynard, that would've scored big time, both because it was an impressive slam, and the significance of it, given what happened in the first round. Same with the way Jones ragdolls mofos, and the suplexes on Bonnar. They are big scoring takedowns.
The average double leg, or ankle pick off the cage where the guy just ends up in guard shouldn't be worth shit.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #18
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

A few things:

-He says he's overworked? Maybe I'm missing something but he's been fighting about 2 times a yr for SF. That isn't what I would call extreme.

-I see his point about "instigating." But he's comparing apples to oranges. He's in the business of fighting. Drama sells tickets. If Helwani had been instigating between Diaz and a mutual friend of theirs at a night club then that's a different situation.

-Only the elite get paid like a king. If Diaz wants to be paid more, then he should've stayed in the UFC to beat top level guys. There was a highly publicized match-up between him and Mayhem which would've given Diaz both a name and a purse boost. Don't expect anybody to hand you a gift, Nick. You have to work for it.

-I don't like doing interviews any more than Nick does. But shouldn't Coker put him on a shorter leash? If I had publicly stated I despise business meetings I can see myself getting canned.

-If I had a dime for each time Nick uses some of his favorite words/phrases such as, "um", "whatever", "I don't know", etc. I'd make 5x as much money he does without lifting a finger. Substance abuse may have something to do with his lack of proper speech but I think putting full blame on drugs is giving him a free pass. He's just downright slow. He is a good fighter though.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #19
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Takedowns kinda hurt.

I think it depends on the takedown, like when edgar slammed maynard, that would've scored big time, both because it was an impressive slam, and the significance of it, given what happened in the first round. Same with the way Jones ragdolls mofos, and the suplexes on Bonnar. They are big scoring takedowns.
The average double leg, or ankle pick off the cage where the guy just ends up in guard shouldn't be worth shit.
Takedowns do hurt but I'd rather GSP double leg me then Silva knee me in my face.

I also judge how heavy a takedown is. Alot of the time fighters fall down and its a scramble to get up. I won't score that heavily. However if a takedown is also a slam then I will score that heavily.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #20
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The takedown garbage that favors American wrestlers was evident the Jardine versus Gegard. The ref and judging also favors American fighters and take down over actual damage. MMA has now turned into the "Ultimate Wrestling Show" where fighters need only learn how to take the opponent down and act as a blanket...they no longer need any standup skills and any submission-grappling skills.

No upkick? WTF. Several extra freebie rest breaks for Jardine? WTF.

Keith landed two punches on the ground while Gegard landed a massive 47 times on the ground and dominated Jardine standing. Keith gets taken to hospital on an ambulance while Gegard walks away virtually unscathed.

AFTER THE FIGHT
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 06:50 AM   #21
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Takedowns do hurt but I'd rather GSP double leg me then Silva knee me in my face.

I also judge how heavy a takedown is. Alot of the time fighters fall down and its a scramble to get up. I won't score that heavily. However if a takedown is also a slam then I will score that heavily.
Couldn't agree more
Primate is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #22
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Diaz says he is suspended. This interview is odd.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #23
doomeddisciple
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
A few things:

-He says he's overworked? Maybe I'm missing something but he's been fighting about 2 times a yr for SF. That isn't what I would call extreme.
5 fights since January last year.

He fought Santos in January for all those leg kicks - Which is what he's talking about in that post fight interview.
doomeddisciple is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #24
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Yea nick diaz is the man most straight up guy in mma!
Ariel helwani is a zuffa zombie..............i would be kean to armbar ariel hes such a sh*t stirrer
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum