Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #16
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami at ufc rio(in brazil)

Anderson can finally avenge his loss to okami. It should be a good fight.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #17
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBonos View Post
Well so much for the biggest fight in MMA history, with one promoter calling the shots no less. While I think that GSP is scared of Silva I blame ZUFFA because they can easily make the fight if they offered both men a fraction of the PPV profits for this one mega-fight. Instead they rather protect their cashcow and the fans have no problem with this since they will eat up anything that Dana tells them.

I can see Okami beating Silva if he survives the first two rounds, this being a 5 round fight will greatly benefit him.
1) They do get a fraction of the pay per view profits.

2) You don't know whether Silva-GSP has been cancelled or whether this is merely an interim fight for Silva

3) If Silva-GSP has been cancelled you have no way of knowing what teh reasons are and whether more money would have made the difference

4) When Silva-Okami was cancelled people were coming on here bitchinga bout the UFC not abiding by their contender eliminator matches and putting money ahead of sport. Just shows that some people will always find someting to whinge about
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #18
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
My problem is not with Anderson Silva's competition but GSP's. The well is running dry and he needs to go up to MW to pursue this.
new guys keep coming around. Only Hardy was a complete bullshit defence. Shields is legit.

With the purchase of SF, Diaz would be legit too.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #19
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
new guys keep coming around. Only Hardy was a complete bullshit defence. Shields is legit.

With the purchase of SF, Diaz would be legit too.
Diaz is the only legit challenge I would be cool with. I'm not saying their isn't guys who don't deserve the shots, there's just no threat outside of Shields.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #20
RSBonos
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
1) They do get a fraction of the pay per view profits.

2) You don't know whether Silva-GSP has been cancelled or whether this is merely an interim fight for Silva

3) If Silva-GSP has been cancelled you have no way of knowing what teh reasons are and whether more money would have made the difference

4) When Silva-Okami was cancelled people were coming on here bitchinga bout the UFC not abiding by their contender eliminator matches and putting money ahead of sport. Just shows that some people will always find someting to whinge about
They might get a small %, what I meant is that both these guys deserve huge guaranteed paydays for a mega fight that will get over 1 million PPV buys. Give GSP 5 million and he will forget his fears (and yeah i'm speculating...what else can you do when they won't make the fight).

Silva-Okami and GSP-Shields are good fights, GSP-Silva is a million times better.

The time to make the fight is NOW. Let me hear the excuses as to why they wouldn't make it for the fall of 2011. More interim fights = more excuses.
RSBonos is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #21
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
They might get a small %, what I meant is that both these guys deserve huge guaranteed paydays for a mega fight that will get over 1 million PPV buys. Give GSP 5 million and he will forget his fears (and yeah i'm speculating...what else can you do when they won't make the fight).

Silva-Okami and GSP-Shields are good fights, GSP-Silva is a million times better.

The time to make the fight is NOW. Let me hear the excuses as to why they wouldn't make it for the fall of 2011. More interim fights = more excuses.
1. Brock lesnar if he won or lost against cain he had 400 k in his pocket if he won he would had got more but 400 k i a lot of money. the bigger of a draw you are the bigger your profit is.

Dana white said that there will probably be a super fight between Silva and GSP late this year or early next but after Zuffa bought strikeforce he has gone back on that statement a bit it may be cuz strikeforce where getting to big for ufc to handle and they needed money so that they would bet on this super fight but now that the competition is gone they can milk it even more
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #22
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Again you don't know that. It could be a situation of:

a) GSP needs until December/January to bulk up

b) Silva doesn't want to be on the shelf for a year

c) Silva would really like to fight in Brazil

d) So they book Silva-Okami in August and plan to go ahead with Silva-GSP in the winter

And on the ppv side of things - nobody knows the exact figures but the top stars are getting millions from the big ppvs. There's an interview with GSP where he knowningly smiles when PPV money is brought up.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #23
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

OKAMI!!!!! anderson robbed and cheated his way out of beating okami illegally heel kick dirty s.o.b WAAAAAAAAAARRRR OKAMI!!!
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2011, 12:57 AM   #24
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

MMA will be set back 2 years if Okami beats Silva and there is a possibility that the most boring fighter in history might pull it off.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #25
JohnJohn
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Now that the UFC has Strikeforce in the bag I'd rather see GSP vs Diaz before a possible Silva fight.

Last edited by JohnJohn; 04-16-2011 at 04:27 PM.
JohnJohn is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #26
Amrn4s
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I honestly think Okami doesnt have a chance.
Amrn4s is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #27
Ai-edy2007
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
MMA will be set back 2 years if Okami beats Silva and there is a possibility that the most boring fighter in history might pull it off.
haha yea agreed but still hope okami wins.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:02 AM   #28
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't think it is unlikely that either GSP or Anderson would get near 5 million for fighting each other as it is.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 03:52 AM   #29
Ai-edy2007
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998 View Post
I don't think it is unlikely that either GSP or Anderson would get near 5 million for fighting each other as it is.
yea they i assume get at least 1 million a fight and more on the various sponsors they get.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum