Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #16
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Need new bag gloves, suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bck620 View Post
so..... if you owned the IMF Techs for awhile, were they always like this???? You seem to have got got work out of them, how about replacing them?

It would be different if you had them for a couple of months and your knuckles were getting sore.

Gotta be the wraps. Sore knuckles on Techs.... Do you tend to knock out your sparring partners?
Another skeptic.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #17
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: Need new bag gloves, suggestions?

I believe him.

You could have hurt your knuckles doing anything. Even wrapping your hands incorrectly. Once they're hurt, no glove that I know of will protect you enough to let them heal.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #18
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 202
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Need new bag gloves, suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Some of the same things these guys posting these crazy "backyard Boxing" vids do?
And that is? I don't see how that has anything to do with my asking for advice on a glove purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
I missed the part where they said you had to actually Box to join the forum.
Valid point, but not many people are members of a boxing forum for 4 years, only posting in the Training/Nutrition section if they don't box, but this is besides the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
I "assumed" you might have just not been familiar with the beginning ache that MANY guys new to Boxing ask about. Even then... I asked.
You didn't ask, you said what you believed based on me not mentioning wrist issues. You even say in this quote that you assumed. Had the rest of your post not been so condescending then I prob would have appreciated the thought and advice on it potentially being new aches, which I can assure you it isn't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
You said they hurt your knuckles and you needed (better protecting) bag gloves. Period.
Well now you either misread, misinterpretted or are just lying. I didn't say that, I said my knuckles get sore, and I told you what gloves I currently use (which obviously was relevant to the topic). I never said the gloves hurt my knuckles or that any soreness was due to them. I also never said I ''need better protecting bag gloves,'' which would imply my soreness was due to the gloves quality. I simply asked if there were gloves out there with MORE knuckle protection that would help me. You could have simply said something like "IMF Tech are probably the best knuckle protection you'll get in that price range," or anything along those lines. End of story, that simple, and then there wouldn't be this dumb argument going on distracting from my original question. If you notice everything was going smooth with advice, and people were being more than helpful with their suggestions and tips until you popped in with your hard-on for IMF Tech that you seem to think I was attacking.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
So first you don't want to be interrogated (for pertinent information) then you want to bring up a bunch of stuff you didn't say that could only be known by interrogation? Nice.
lol, I didn't bring a bunch of stuff up. And nothing I've said to you has been essential to this thread topic at all, again as shown by the fact that I was getting suggestions from people until your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Another skeptic.
I still don't get what you're skeptical about!? That I don't own those gloves? That my knuckles don't really get sore!? I honestly have no idea what is going on in your head that you doubt what I'm saying.

Honestly I've seen your posts all over the forum for a long time and usually value your opinion because you always seemed knowledgeable, but how do you not realize how ridiculous this is? You know you weren't leaving the most positive of posts or else you wouldn't have started with "not trying to be a butt-head." Literally all I did was ask if there are better gloves for knuckle protection since mine get sore, and instead of saying no there isn't, or just not responding, you decide to attack me and claim I'm bullshitting, sarcastically saying I should go pro if what I'm saying is true, etc. Do you not see how unnecessary that was to this thread?
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #19
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 202
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Need new bag gloves, suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bck620 View Post
You seem to have got got work out of them, how about replacing them?
?
That's certaintly an option, but I wanted to see if there was better knuckle protection with a different pair of gloves.
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #20
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Need new bag gloves, suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeJrs View Post
And that is? I don't see how that has anything to do with my asking for advice on a glove purchase.
You asked me why you would lie. I have no idea. I called BS on the gloves and their padding being the source of your knuckle issues. No more. No less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeJrs View Post
Valid point, but not many people are members of a boxing forum for 4 years, only posting in the Training/Nutrition section if they don't box, but this is besides the point.
How would I know that? You think I researched you before I posted? Come on man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeJrs View Post
You didn't ask, you said what you believed based on me not mentioning wrist issues. You even say in this quote that you assumed. Had the rest of your post not been so condescending then I prob would have appreciated the thought and advice on it potentially being new aches, which I can assure you it isn't.
If it seemed condescending? I apologize. I am big enough to do that.

Now you are just trying to make points. Assumptions based on the data provided are a part of life. You make them every day. You pay your bills assuming you will live tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeJrs View Post
Well now you either misread, misinterpretted or are just lying. I didn't say that, I said my knuckles get sore, and I told you what gloves I currently use (which obviously was relevant to the topic). I never said the gloves hurt my knuckles or that any soreness was due to them. I also never said I ''need better protecting bag gloves,'' which would imply my soreness was due to the gloves quality. I simply asked if there were gloves out there with MORE knuckle protection that would help me. You could have simply said something like "IMF Tech are probably the best knuckle protection you'll get in that price range," or anything along those lines. End of story, that simple, and then there wouldn't be this dumb argument going on distracting from my original question. If you notice everything was going smooth with advice, and people were being more than helpful with their suggestions and tips until you popped in with your hard-on for IMF Tech that you seem to think I was attacking.
Your knuckles get sore. What sport are you doing? Boxing. Runners' feet/knees/hips get sore. Muay Thai guys' shins get sore. The assumption is that any soreness MUST be beyond the typical general soreness of the activity. This is what you said:

"My current pair has been the Ringside IMF Tech gloves and even with those my knuckles usually get sore after a couple of rounds on the bag."

Since a Boxer states his knuckles get sore AND in the same breath mentions a specific piece of equipment what do you think the conclusion drawn is? The equipment is not effective protection from the rigors of the sport.

Now YOU are making assumptions. I don't have a hard on for them. I actually recommend against them due to what I believe is a drop in build quality. However I do respect the Ringside foam quality/technology, but things change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeJrs View Post
lol, I didn't bring a bunch of stuff up. And nothing I've said to you has been essential to this thread topic at all, again as shown by the fact that I was getting suggestions from people until your comment.
Yes you did man. If you read you got one glove suggestion, a few more questioning comments like mine, and wrap suggestions. Why? Because people who buy equipment are a bit surprised that the IMF Tech isn't cutting it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeJrs View Post
I still don't get what you're skeptical about!? That I don't own those gloves? That my knuckles don't really get sore!? I honestly have no idea what is going on in your head that you doubt what I'm saying.
Because you are not on the outside looking in. Read your original post. You now own the gold standard in knuckle protection for a mid range bag glove. A glove that, unlike most bag gloves, weighs in at a HEAVY (meaning it actually weighs more) 14ozs and so firm yet forgiving that they are readily used as actual sparring gloves without complaint. It isn't good enough? What is? The next option is Winning.

OK. At this point we all have to make assumptions. Either you are doing something "wrong" with your wraps (damaging your knuckles), your punches are off (eliminated because you are experienced), the bags you are using are overly hard (very likely), your punching power is off the charts (joked about), or you just have bad knuckles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeJrs View Post
Honestly I've seen your posts all over the forum for a long time and usually value your opinion because you always seemed knowledgeable, but how do you not realize how ridiculous this is? You know you weren't leaving the most positive of posts or else you wouldn't have started with "not trying to be a butt-head." Literally all I did was ask if there are better gloves for knuckle protection since mine get sore, and instead of saying no there isn't, or just not responding, you decide to attack me and claim I'm bullshitting, sarcastically saying I should go pro if what I'm saying is true, etc. Do you not see how unnecessary that was to this thread?
Thank you man and again I really apologize if it came across that way. That was not my intention. My true intention was that the symptoms you spoke of and the gloves you were using pointed to an issue other than the actual glove. I had no intention of attacking you other than joking. I only wanted to try and draw out more information because sometimes the surface issue (sore knuckles) might have an underlying cause that the blame is misplaced. Calling BS was a joke. By your response, a poorly received one. Again, I apologize.

From where I am standing I hear a guy with a Lamborghini at a repair shop saying, "This car just doesn't have the speed I am looking for." First thing I think is to do a diagnostic on the car and go for a drive with the guy because... It is a Lambo. It can't be the car! (Although it very well could be.)

Know where I am coming from?
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #21
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Need new bag gloves, suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
I believe him.

You could have hurt your knuckles doing anything. Even wrapping your hands incorrectly. Once they're hurt, no glove that I know of will protect you enough to let them heal.
I believe him, but my only issue is that it seems "knuckle protection" (the glove) may not be the source of his issue. I didn't mean to discount his pain just the source of it.

I have personally known great guys who wrap their hands incorrectly for MONTHS/YEARS and bang relentlessly... slowly causing knuckle issues. Then, like you mentioned, their knuckles are jacked and they complain of pain. Then they glove hop hoping to get "better" gloves, but again like you said, no glove can help them because the issue is now the knuckle itself. Knuckles are like bunions, they are VERY slow to heal and even then never really heal back to 100%.

The pain persists and recurs to the point where they give up Boxing because nobody wants to pay double a fitness club membership for a funky gym with fewer weights, treadmills, AND they can't bang. If only someone had asked questions instead of just suggesting glove brands? It might have turned out differently. It is a messed up situation.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #22
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 202
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Need new bag gloves, suggestions?

Ok well I have better things to do than have us keep going back and forth with dissecting these posts, but any apology is completely accepted, no big deal, I'm over it. Apparently there was just a big mis-understanding because I was not blaming the gloves as the source for my soreness. You're saying I already have the gold standard for knuckle protection...great, that's all you had to say. I have knuckles that are easily hurt due to stupid situations when I was younger, so my "even with IMF tech" comment was me [indirectly] pointing out that my knuckles are fragile and get sore even with gloves that are known to be good for protection; not blaming the gloves. This really was irrelevant information either way though since my point was just to find out IF there were better knuckle-protecting gloves out there (whether my knuckles are easily hurt or not). Just as in your Lambo example, if someone said it doesn't have the speed they're looking for and asked for other car suggestions, I wouldn't ask how long they've been driving, say they're crazy or run a diagnostics, I'd just say check out a Ferrari or Bugatti or something. But obviously I see where you're coming from now. Where I was just asking if there are better knuckle-protecting gloves, you were more trying to look for sources to my soreness, which is understandable. Obviously like I said it just came off condescending which annoyed me, but again I'm over it, no hard feelings.

If anything this was good to argue over because now I know my best bet is just buying a new pair of the same gloves again lol.
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #23
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
Posts: 870
vCash: 430
Default Re: Need new bag gloves, suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
If it's just your knuckles, look into using sponges under your wraps, or buy the Winning gel pads. The problem I encounter with this stuff is that now I have a hard time getting my hand into a glove and it's so tight that my hands just hurt while I'm boxing. But no knuckle problems.

You mentioned IMF Techs not working, which are known for their padding. I think that if you're the kind of guy that hurts his knuckles (like me), a glove isn't gonna make the difference. The difference will be in the way you wrap your hands.

Or you could lay down the cash for some Winnings, they might be the only glove that'll help you out.

But if you're going to use sponges/pads, you might look for a glove with a big hand pocket. I know Title Gels have a very wide hand pocket, Reyes and Casanova are known for it as well.
anyone on here have any Casanova's?
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #24
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: Need new bag gloves, suggestions?

If you google 'guantes de piel casanova grupo hamd' there should be a link where you can buy them for like 85 bucks VAT included.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013