boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #16
Anarchy99
Babalu will KILL You!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 441
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Oh yea? Well Randy Couture is Captain America. Beat that...
Anarchy99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 AM   #17
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

bones jones, what's not to like
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 01:15 AM   #18
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjames View Post
bones jones, what's not to like
He's well spoken and humble and is the most dynamic MMA fighter in the world. You're a Floyd fan, you shouldnt be asking this.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #19
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I bet she was hot, that's why he was eavesdropping
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #20
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
He's well spoken and humble and is the most dynamic MMA fighter in the world. You're a Floyd fan, you shouldnt be asking this.

ok, i admit, in and out of the ring, they are pretty much opposites, but i admire floyd's "boxing"...i have said 1000 times he is an ass out of the ring

as far as "dynamic" i tend to lean towards purity, like floyd is a pure boxer, and maia is a pure bjj practitioner...but i feel MMA has evolved over the decade, and jones is MMA...striking, grappling, speed, power, and being creative with your attacks (mixing things up), so in a way, he is a purist (i know its a bit backwards, but my point is, he is actually using MMA in MMA, not relying on one specialty, like many do)
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 02:21 AM   #21
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Surprise? The UFC has made millions of viral marketing. They're not exactly releasing this story for altruistic reasons. To not be able to see anything other than that in my view is stunningly naive.
Why do you give a ****? It has nothing to do with what Jones did, and doesn't effect you in any way. Why is it your mission in life to put a negative spin on everything that has any possible relation to the UFC or Dana White? I don't see how doing this has any positive effect on your life, and it sure as hell doesn't have a negative effect on the UFC or Dana White. So, why not drop all of the bull**** and just enjoy MMA?
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 04:59 AM   #22
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1222

to all who think that the guy has "nice heart" etc. ****.

A decent person would NEVER said something like that:

Quote:
We fought each other in practice. A finish has been possible several times and it has always been me finishing him. I never did it out of respect that he was the elder of the school. It’s against protocol in a way. Some people would do it but I believe in tradition. He has a lot to study. I have a lot to study, but I get to study[ing] more in-depth. He gets to study[ing] and gets a headache.”
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

regardless whether it was true or not. It is cheap and low by definition.
smbsmd is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 05:09 AM   #23
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbsmd View Post
to all who think that the guy has "nice heart" etc. ****.

A decent person would NEVER said something like that:

regardless whether it was true or not. It is cheap and low by definition.
Yeah... a decent person would never say anything in a negative light about an upcoming opponent. He only pretends to be respectful, stop thieves, help out women and children... how DARE he say that he knows he can beat an upcoming opponent because of their training together. THAT MONSTER!
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 05:14 AM   #24
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

What exactly did he say? From what I'm reading he said that he trained with Rashad, and even though he could have, he never finished him in practice because he respected him as the more experienced student.

I honestly don't see a problem with that. And I can't see how you can see a problem with that.

It's not disrespectful in the slightest. He didn't say "I smashed him up and down the mat like the little girl he is", nor did he say "I bent him over and made him my *****" or something to that effect. They have trained together, in interviews they're very obviously going to be asked questions about their time training together, and he has to say something.

As fighters go, there aren't many out there as humble and respectful as Jones, given his talent and what he's done so far.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #25
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
Yeah... a decent person would never say anything in a negative light about an upcoming opponent. He only pretends to be respectful, stop thieves, help out women and children... how DARE he say that he knows he can beat an upcoming opponent because of their training together. THAT MONSTER!

very funny! The guy is fake. Thats what he said before:

Quote:
"Absolutely not," "Bones" said of fighting Evans. "If Rashad Evans won the belt, which I'm hoping he does, my only goal would be to be the toughest contender there is, and keep whipping butt without being champion. I'd stay at 205 and be the second best. That would be my goal. As I said, I'm hoping he wins, we're very proud of him. I couldn't do it, he's my mate."
Once again, if you want a new hero- go take it. I am not buying this ****. They need a new star and they are going to have one.
What a surprise that the new star is a "good black guy", taking into considiration that UFC was considered by some as sport of white people, lacking black fan base. Looks like it is a about to change.
smbsmd is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 05:21 AM   #26
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
What exactly did he say? From what I'm reading he said that he trained with Rashad, and even though he could have, he never finished him in practice because he respected him as the more experienced student.

I honestly don't see a problem with that. And I can't see how you can see a problem with that.

It's not disrespectful in the slightest. He didn't say "I smashed him up and down the mat like the little girl he is", nor did he say "I bent him over and made him my *****" or something to that effect. They have trained together, in interviews they're very obviously going to be asked questions about their time training together, and he has to say something.

As fighters go, there aren't many out there as humble and respectful as Jones, given his talent and what he's done so far.
Dude, the way he said it, is the most humilating for any fighter. He has really humilated Rashad there, at the same time wearing the mask of respectfulness. He has basically said: "I was beating the **** out of him but since I am such a good guy I have never let him know that".

There is a certain code of honor: what happend in the gym stays in the gym. You don't go public with that sort of things.
smbsmd is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 05:41 AM   #27
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
Why do you give a ****? It has nothing to do with what Jones did, and doesn't effect you in any way. Why is it your mission in life to put a negative spin on everything that has any possible relation to the UFC or Dana White? I don't see how doing this has any positive effect on your life, and it sure as hell doesn't have a negative effect on the UFC or Dana White. So, why not drop all of the bull**** and just enjoy MMA?
I can ask you that same question stupid. As Cus D'mato said once to Tyson: "There's wolves out there disguised in sheeps clothing. You're not sophisticated enough to decipher between the two".

You buy without any question all the bull**** that comes off the UFC's hype train and yet you want to call me out as though your some model of objectivity?
Get back in your box you clown. Or better yet find some more room in Mark Coleman's jock.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 05:46 AM   #28
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Dude, the way he said it, is the most humilating for any fighter. He has really humilated Rashad there, at the same time wearing the mask of respectfulness. He has basically said: "I was beating the **** out of him but since I am such a good guy I have never let him know that".

There is a certain code of honor: what happend in the gym stays in the gym. You don't go public with that sort of things.
Who care's. They're fighters. And if fighters want to eat they have to break bread. There is no honour or code when smashing someone's face in. The UFC does't allow fighters that fortune any more as you don't have the rival war's from different camps as you used to now that everyone's under one umbrella.

Whilst i have absolutely no problem with Jones as a fighter, the ridiculous nature of the UFC hype machine which will go to almost ANY lengths to promote their fighters is farcical. Good Samaritans don't go around telling everyone how good they are.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 05:50 AM   #29
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
That's not what he said at all. He said "I never did it out of respect that he was the elder of the school. Itís against protocol in a way"
Now, I don't know how Greg Jackson runs his school, but I know a number of very traditional schools that are huge on rank and seniority. If there's a senior member on the mat, he sets the pace.

I don't know if you've ever trained in BJJ or submission grappling, but when you get into the flow you don't look for finishes, you set your submissions up, take them when the opportunity presents itself, you often leave windows for you partner to escape in order to set up your next submission or sweep or whatevs.

Depending on the pace of the session you might never actually tap or be tapped, you just cruise through. What I'm imagining Jones talking about is Rashad setting the pace and taking finishes during a roll or finishing a takedown or whatever, while Jones is saying that he never really took the opportunity to finish when he saw it, because Rashad was the senior one present, and as such, he was the one setting the pace.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Now, I might be totally wrong, but if Jones wanted to humiliate Rashad I'm sure he could find a better way than saying "I respected his seniority too much to ever finish him in training"

Quote:
And like I said, they've trained together and now they'll be fighting, so naturally people are going to ask them these kind of questions.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #30
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

thats how Rashad sees it:

Quote:
Obviously, Evans didn't take to kindly to the notion that Jones wouldn't finish him in practice out of "respect", especially when said respect didn't apply to the gym's policy of not fighting teammates. In a series of Tweets both aimed at Jones and responding to fans on Twitter, Evans responded:

"[Jones] will [be] mma's version of Milli Vinilli... Wait until the curtain comes down [cause] it will!"

"[I'm] telling [you] that record is about [to] start skipping! 'Girl [you] know, girl [you] know, know,... It's true, true true' (laughs)"

"[Jones] is a swagger jacker"

"He is fake! The fighting is off the hook but as a person he is fake!"

To Jones, whose only response was "#cmonson" - "It's been on!! Get off your own fan bus [cause] nobody is driving! [You] ain't as raw as [you] believe & I'm gonna show ya!"

"I'm just annoyed how he said he could've finished me in practice.. [Are you] kidding me?! (laughs) This dude is nuts!!"

"[Jones] must [be] high! [Cause I] remember him looking at me begging me [to] let him up [cause] he couldn't get back [to] his feet in training."

Finally, to Jones - "[You] ain't forgot what I can do [to you]! Don't believe your hype! [Ask] your coaches! I'm gonna introduce the world [to] the real [you]!"
smbsmd is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum