Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Thumbs up Danny Green Muay Thai fight - rare footage

Not sure everyone has seen this or not, Danny Green fighting in Muay Thai match against Perth's Oliver Olsen. I rekon DannyBoy was smart to choose a career as a boxer, he would have been flogged time and time again as a kickboxer and most likely DQL alot of the times, he is a dirty fighter in this one and imo pretty dam crap, walks into punches and has very poor balance. Oh and i dont think he looks LHW here either fellas

ENJOY!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3H6R50xJug[/ame]

The second clip is the begining rounds and has some gay Johnny Boy music the entire duration, just mute it if it bothers you, i know i did.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahv0alElPBw[/ame]
TCboxa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151
Default Re: Danny Green Muay Thai fight - rare footage

I think it's fair to say Danny wasn't going to be the next JWP
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I saw this a while back hes Very young here. Ugly fight but you can see where he gets his strength in the boxong ring from, and tc continuing with his smear campaign against green. You should add him on fb and abuse him also tc, you know come at him from all angles!
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

give him a break, he looks like a 15yr kid there.

he did eat a big one right at the end.
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Just stating the obvise, i guess i could have chosen better words as LJD has done.

Atleast i wont butter it up as you have done lol, I didnt think he looked very strong at all, very raw and aggressive however for a STRONG guy as you say it was funny watching his opponent throwing DannyBoy around like a rag doll at times.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I never said he was strong mate i said you can see where he gets his strength, as a result of this sort of combat it would have definitely had a positive effect on his inside strength in boxing down the line. Comprende? And its lightwelterweight not lhw thats why he doesnt look lhw
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #7
RedCornerPromotions
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Ref Brad Vocale looked young and skinny as well!
RedCornerPromotions is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #8
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Yeah i still dont see where he gets his strength from in terms of watching him in a kickboxing fight m8, im a bit lost with that one, know where ur trying to come from but just cant see the picture lol As for my comment about LHW, Danny Green is a natural LHW didnt you know haha, its why Mundine beat him so easly so they say lol, pretty good for a natrual LHW to get down to lightwelter, and he wasnt 15 either, he was a man in that fight, not a boy lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pretty sure he was under 21 in that fight and he definitely was very lean. So your digging this up to refute claims of him being a lhw? Well if you cant see how grappling and wrestling like that improves strength your a lost cause, he would be nowhere near as strong as he is now if he didnt have that kickboxing background.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #10
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

LMAO , is that why so many kickboxers make the successful transition to boxing and go on to become awsome boxers?

Grappling doesnt help your boxing game what so ever. Your better off doing core strength work if strength is what your after, theres no grappling nor wrestling in boxing. Look at a kickboxer like Ben Burrage, he is hopless at boxing and looks VERY weak, why is it his kickboxing in japan and such hasnt made him strong like Danny Green?

And Danny would have been in his 20s at the time of that fight. Unless Danny keept getting taller and his organs keept growing theres no reason why anyone can say he is a legit LHW and have people belive it unless they are on the end of Dannys n0b. You can clearly see he made lightmiddleweight at 20, that would be the lightest weight he can be, yet he fought at Super Middle and still complained about loosing to much weight? Claiming LHW is his natrual divison but even then the guy cant fight at LHW cause he gets ass handed to him so he makes up Dannyweight CW.

A lightweight thats turned into a CW? Reminds me of a James Toney
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 AM   #11
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Considering he was over 30 when he was campaigning as a pro as opposed to 20? Adding muscle etc. Grapling etc is ideal for core strength , maybe they didnt succeed because they werent good boxers? Although according to you green isnt a good boxer either. All i said is that it would have been good for strength for inside fighting and clinching take from that what you will
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #12
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
Considering he was over 30 when he was campaigning as a pro as opposed to 20? Adding muscle etc. Grapling etc is ideal for core strength , maybe they didnt succeed because they werent good boxers? Although according to you green isnt a good boxer either. All i said is that it would have been good for strength for inside fighting and clinching take from that what you will
Grappling is a great strength conditioner, you use muscles that cant be targeted using weights or regular training on ur own.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #13
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Green was 19 in that fight.

Eight years later at the 2000 Olympics he was competing as a light-heavy (81kgs).

Ty, you're quick to put up Green's effort in a Muay Thai state title fight. Why don't you put up your effort in Cessnock '99 for all to see?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #14
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

What's the deal with that Ben Edwards guy? He has some serious power. He could make some noise in the shitty heavyweight division. Is he ever going to take boxing seriously? I only ever see him on kickboxing cards.
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 07:36 AM   #15
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He was no where near 20 you ****head! I was actually there. His opponent had been in training camp in Thailand (not sure how many fights) and this was Dannys second (and last) Muay Thai fight.

I guess its still about 100 losses less than you
shiner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum