maracho is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #17
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict

vCash: 277
Default Re: Top MMA fighter outboxed by 18 y.o Kid

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Youth_World_Amateur_Boxing_Championships[/ame]
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #18
Shogun Assassin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I thought Kharitonov would've learned from his k-1 stint to stck to mma .

Anyway... these boxing vs mma threads are retarded, please stop .
Shogun Assassin is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #19
Caestus
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
I like Diaz for boxing, because for me watching his hand striking technique has always been fascinating, and he's got very thin arms which make for great stamina and quick arm movements. why do you think he won't succeed in boxing? and how would boxers beat him?
His major problem is his defense, he hasnt very good head movement, and his footwork is very lineary at this point.He is and unidimensional boxer, not very good with uppercuts, and body work combinations, and his hooks are arm punches with no power, and he is to slow.To beat him I think you must do a lot of lateral steps and pivoting, and throw overhand rights to contrarrest his jab and heigh.In close, a lot of body punching.
Caestus is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #20
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

That was a damn good fight.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #21
james4210
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caestus View Post
His major problem is his defense, he hasnt very good head movement, and his footwork is very lineary at this point.He is and unidimensional boxer, not very good with uppercuts, and body work combinations, and his hooks are arm punches with no power, and he is to slow.To beat him I think you must do a lot of lateral steps and pivoting, and throw overhand rights to contrarrest his jab and heigh.In close, a lot of body punching.

I see things very differently, but I may be wrong. It's frustrating to have to wait, but time will tell. I've been through the action of Diaz frame by frame of his last few fights. And I'm seeing some very nice flicking the elbow up to block punches, and rolling of his head when he gets hit. And being very good at not telegraphing his punches. can't wait to see him boxing
james4210 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #22
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

the only problem is that Sergei Kharitonov was an amateur boxer. He has more than a little boxing experience. Unlike james toney or ray mercer in mma.

Boxing career:
Sergei started his Amateur Boxing Career in 2000. He tried to get into the Russian Olympic Boxing team but got injured in the semi finals during a live boxing TV event. Instead he competed for Tajikistan in 2003 at the Central Asian Games where he won a silver medal.[5] Kharitonov earned a shot at that year’s Olympics, representing former Tajikistan (the former Soviet republics often have ethnic Russians on their teams) but passed on the chance to instead fight in the Pride 2004 Heavyweight Grand Prix.

He nearly qualified for the Athens Games by winning the silver medal at the 2004 Asian Amateur Boxing Championships in Puerto Princesa, Philippines. In the final he was defeated by Uzbekistan's Rustam Saidov. In the fall of 2004 he competed in the Russian Boxing Championship and placed second. Sergei could not fight in the final match due to an injury.[4]
....so his boxing ability is quite relevant.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #23
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

No surprise here he was getting beat by arlovski too but arlovski just have a glass chin.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #24
HENDO
Champion
East Side Guru

Just the other day a guy told me that Diaz will have no problem stepping into boxing and doing fine against Champions.
HENDO is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #25
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracho View Post
yeah that kid may have been boxing for 13 years already
GTFO of the MMA section and go back to church !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #26
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
GTFO of the MMA section and go back to church !
Amen to that!
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #27
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

yea man i agree with all the posts so far boxing is not mma, boxing is the sport of punching and arguably more technical in the skills of punching, mma is however in my opinion is about utilising the right tools of various other forms of martial arts such as karate, muay thai, bjj to defeat your opponent. Aesthetically speaking wise i prefer watching boxing however thats debatable as mma is great to watch when the bjj grappling, striking and heavy slams are performed. The lay and pray side especially noticeable in the fight with kenny florian vs gray maynard just makes me sleep. Sergei kharitonov is good however i was not impressed with his performance against Singh Jaideep in the k1 world grand prix 2010 that in my opinion was one of his worst performances.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #28
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Serguei Kharitonov is a Top HW MMA figter with two notable wins by KO over the actual Strikeforce world champ and K-1 (kickboxing) champ Alistair Overeem, and with a recent victory by Ko in the first over Andrei Arlovsky, former UFC HW World Champion.He has one of the better boxing in the HW division.

Part 1

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Part II
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nick Díaz has no future in boxing with middle level figthers.
30 year old boxing champion gets defeated by 17 year old:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqOTGJmya9s[/ame]
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #29
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree with your assessment on how to defeat Diaz, for the most part. As far as how well Diaz performs as a boxer, it is important to remember the context. Diaz has good boxing for MMA. That does not mean he is ready to box with the best boxers in the world.

Let's use Track and Field for a comparison. Obviously, elite decathlon athletes are elite athletes. There is no disputing that. The 100 meter sprint is a part of the decathlon. While most decathletes, ok all, can outrun me in the 100; that doesn't mean they stand a chance against Usain Bolt. For those of you that don't know, Bolt is the fastest man ever at short distance. Elite sprinters make more than elete decathletes. Elite boxers make more than elite mma fighters. That does not mean elite sprinters can defeat elite decathlon athletes in a decathlon.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #30
Amrn4s
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Good video. Thanks man.
Amrn4s is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum