Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #16
fist

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bowie Moves To 12-0 10KO

bowie has never talked it up.. the stupid media did all the hyping up. if i am correct,has bowie ever did an interview where he runs his mouth or tries to make out like he's better than anyone? i don't so & as for him steppin it up.. that's why he moved to usa & now he's in the top 100. If anyone needs to step it up, it's all the heavyweights here. they are fighting eachother here like there's no one else in the world. everyone's fighting the same old people here. get a life u idiots & stop hating on the bloke.
fist is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #17
jakeameyers

I write for a boxing website and I’ve interviewed Bowie. He’s confident, but doesn’t have a “****y a**hole” bone in his body. The guy is only 24 years old. And, it’s well known that heavyweights mature later and usually don’t reach their prime until their thirties. Finally, Tupou has no amateur career. So: it would be incredibly stupid for Tupou’s management to throw him in the ring with a major contender at this point in his career. Telling him to “STEP UP!!” and fight a highly ranked fighter is an ignorant thing to say, and it flies in the face of the advice every trainer/manager worth his salt would give Bowie at this point. Based on my limited exposure to Tupou, he’s got a shitload of talent. The dude is 6'2" and 260 lbs. — but all muscle (probably about 8-10% body fat). Bowie’s last opponent (Bergman) told Tupou that he hit him “ten times harder” than any of Bergman’s previous opponents, and, if I told you names of boxers who have refused to fight him you’d be shocked. No one wants to fight him after hearing of him and seeing tape of his bouts. Anyway, my point is his progress is fine at this point and he’s fighting decent fighters in any event.
jakeameyers is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #18
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeameyers
I write for a boxing website and I’ve interviewed Bowie. He’s confident, but doesn’t have a “****y a**hole” bone in his body. The guy is only 24 years old. And, it’s well known that heavyweights mature later and usually don’t reach their prime until their thirties. Finally, Tupou has no amateur career. So: it would be incredibly stupid for Tupou’s management to throw him in the ring with a major contender at this point in his career. Telling him to “STEP UP!!” and fight a highly ranked fighter is an ignorant thing to say, and it flies in the face of the advice every trainer/manager worth his salt would give Bowie at this point. Based on my limited exposure to Tupou, he’s got a shitload of talent. The dude is 6'2" and 260 lbs. — but all muscle (probably about 8-10% body fat). Bowie’s last opponent (Bergman) told Tupou that he hit him “ten times harder” than any of Bergman’s previous opponents, and, if I told you names of boxers who have refused to fight him you’d be shocked. No one wants to fight him after hearing of him and seeing tape of his bouts. Anyway, my point is his progress is fine at this point and he’s fighting decent fighters in any event.

You should change your user name to aquafag
Marcus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #19
jakeameyers

Marcus is both brilliant and hilarious. East Side Boxing, posters, and everyone else in the world, would you please refer to my user name only as "aquafag." Thank you.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:23 PM   #20
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

:hi MR KOOL
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 02:49 AM   #21
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeameyers
We are not expecting him to step it up to top 20 opponents or anything. But bowie isnt gonna learn too much more or gain much from pummeling easy-beats with terrible records. He needs to challenge himself if he wants to learn anything, we arent asking for a title fight, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Hmmm; 12-18-2007 at 04:09 AM.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 04:03 AM   #22
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm
We are not expecting him to step it up to to 20 apponents or anything. But bowie isnt gonna learn too much more or gain much from pummeling easy-beats with terrible records. He needs to challenge himself if he wants to learn anything, we arent asking for a title fight, if you know what I mean.
Spot on there. Enough with the taxi drivers.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 04:23 AM   #23
fist

no worrie,i will root for bowie everytime.....
fist is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #24
jakeameyers

Point well taken, Hmmm and Kegsy. His team will definitely be stepping it up. He was trying to secure bouts with Billy Zumbrun (21-10-1, 11 KOs) in January and Joey Abell (18-0-0, 17 KOs) in February. The Zumbrun fight looks like a go, but not the Abell one. Guess why. Anyway, if he wins those fights (I think he definitely will) that'll increase his exposure for the good.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #25
fist

thankz for the update,jake,to you know bowie?......
fist is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #26
jakeameyers

Hey fist, I was introduced to Bowie through an old law school classmate of mine. An immigration lawyer at my buddy's firm is Bowie's manager. When I told my friend I write for a boxing website, he suggested I interview Bowie and do an article about him. I've interviewed him twice now; Bowie's a friendly guy, very humble and easygoing. (It's kind of wierd to hear a thick Aussie accent coming from his mouth, though ... I guess I was expecting a Tongan one.)
Old 12-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #27
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Zumbrun would bean awesome step up. Dare I say perfect. Zumbrun has lost mainly to quality opposition like Bowe, Dimitrenko and L'Heureux, And beaten Butterbean.
Hmmm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum