Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

View Poll Results: Can he become the GOAT?
Yes 35 71.43%
No 14 28.57%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #46
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
I think you need to check that fight again. I have just watched it, Nogeira is on the ground the whole time and it's the exactly the same as the first fight. Fedor jump into Nog guard repeatedly and the whole fight is on the ground, the only time Fedor gets up it when Nog is pushing him out.

For the CC fight I'm not saying he never once tried to take him down, but he was able to trade with him and most of the fight is on there foot.

Thx man I havn't watch those fight in a while... !
My bad meant to write third nog fight.

And yeah the CC fight Fedor was impressive standing but he was standing for so long because he couldn't get Cro Cop down. Perhaps its was never simply the case that Fedor was more willing to take risks, maybe he was less effective at imposing his gameplan on opponents than GSP or Silva.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #47
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

And yes they are awesome fights. Hopefully as the UFC/Strikeforce divisions are unified we get back to that level of competition in the heavyweight division.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #48
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post

And yeah the CC fight Fedor was impressive standing but he was standing for so long because he couldn't get him down. Perhaps its not simply Fedor was more willing to take risks, maybe he was less effective at imposing his gameplan on opponents than GSP or Silva.
For the Nog fight I can't agree with you. In the begining of the first round Nog was unwilling to engage Fedor on the ground. Once Nog felt Fedor was in a stand up mode he took him down and went for a sub. For the other 2 round I think it was Nog that wanted to stand and trade with him, or maybe try the same tactic as in the first round.

Yes it's possible that Fedor was less succesful at imposing his gameplan but it never bothered him.

Yeah it's great for the fans but I have some concern for the fighter but I think we have diverging opinions on that matter !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #49
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

yea i believe anderson silva with his freakishly amazing striking and technical and unorthodox striking makes him a tough opponent for anyone in the world. However that being said he was taking a pummeling from chael sonnen therefore i believe if anderson's wrestling becomes better he would be amazing my money right now is placed on the shoulders of jonny bones jones as i think he is gsp but with anderson silva athletic abilities.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #50
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
Yea but there wont be another Fedor. He has instincts like noone else.
true yea i love how he doesn't **** around. He comes in to **** you up and doesn't dance around for 5 rounds. He either ****s you up or in his last fight he gets ****ed up
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 03:41 AM   #51
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
true yea i love how he doesn't **** around. He comes in to **** you up and doesn't dance around for 5 rounds. He either ****s you up or in his last fight he gets ****ed up
hahaha yea fedor, wanderlei, and badr hari they are my favourite "strictly no f***ing around fighters" who want to "goodnight irene" your ass.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #52
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:

And yeah the CC fight Fedor was impressive standing but he was standing for so long because he couldn't get Cro Cop down. Perhaps its was never simply the case that Fedor was more willing to take risks, maybe he was less effective at imposing his gameplan on opponents than GSP or Silva.

what utter nonsense!!

at least your good for a laugh my old friend.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 AM   #53
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
what utter nonsense!!

at least your good for a laugh my old friend.
Ah yes...I suppose a gimp like me is unable to understand that when Fedor went for takedowns against Cro Cop and didn't get them that was part of a master strategy to stand with a striker. Silly me
Old 04-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #54
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Ah yes...I suppose a gimp like me is unable to understand that when Fedor went for takedowns against Cro Cop and didn't get them that was part of a master strategy to stand with a striker. Silly me
Crocop has successfully stuffed the most TD on him in the whole MMA world around 80 % if i remember correctly of all TD on him are stuffed and that is a great TDD he has
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #55
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

yeah, but was it his gameplan to make it a ground battle?

how many takedowns did fedor go for anyway? I dont remember many.

do you remember the arlovski fight how many takedown attempts did fedor go for?

in the nog fight shouldnt fedor just kept the fight standing? He could if he wanted to.

by the way I never said you were a gimp, I wrote that the gimp you keep in your closet for your twisted homo***ual/ sadistical enjoyment got free and was allowed to post on your computer in your absence, thats not an insult to you.... unless you dont like being called a sadist and closet homo***ual.

These are only labels Will, dont be ashamed.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #56
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Quote:
yeah, but was it his gameplan to make it a ground battle?

how many takedowns did fedor go for anyway? I dont remember many.

do you remember the arlovski fight how many takedown attempts did fedor go for?

in the nog fight shouldnt fedor just kept the fight standing? He could if he wanted to.

by the way I never said you were a gimp, I wrote that the gimp you keep in your closet for your twisted homo***ual/ sadistical enjoyment got free and was allowed to post on your computer in your absence, thats not an insult to you.... unless you dont like being called a sadist and closet homo***ual.

These are only labels Will, dont be ashamed.
1 TD atttempt in the first 5 min of the first round. After CC is off balance and Fedor take him down.

Second round maybe 1 or 2 in the first 2 and a half minute, CC tried 1 takedown in the same time. after the first 2 min Fedor trip him and the fight goes to the ground.

Same thing for the third round...so IMO maybe 7 or 8 takedown attempt in a 20 min fight. And the fight was half on the feet and half on the ground cause CC couldn't get up...he even went for an armbar !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #57
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

so whats your opinion Ne5ville14? was fedor not in control of the fight in both the standup and the ground?

I saw fedor as a fighter with an excellent gameplan to keep backing cro-cop up, counter cro-cops strikes, and if the opportunity presents itself take mirko to the mat.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #58
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I counted three takedown attempts in the first round, a leg sweep attempt early, then when fedor dodged the lhk fedor attempted to throw cro-cop to the ground then mirko lost his balence and looked like he meant to take fedor down fedor reverses and gets mirko down. it remains on the ground for the rest of the round.

round 2: it looks like mirko goes for a takedown early in round 2 fedor stops it, mirko goes for another takdown after securing a bodylock fedor goes for a judo throw in resposes neither fighter gets it. fedor uses a leg sweep to get crocop on the ground in the last 2 minutes of the round.

Round 3: fedor goes for a leg sweep but cro-cop defends it fedor is off balence and mirko goes to take him down as soon as fedor hits the mat he reverses and endss up in top position. after a minute they are stood up within no time at all fedor uses a leg sweep to easily take cro-cop down both fighters are tired and it is stood back up again. fedor again takes mirko down after getting a hold of one of mirkos legs and takes cro-cop down again.

Fight over
9 takedown attempts 4 successful take downs for fedor.

Fedor won with a superior gameplan, relentless pressure,fantastic counter punching, better conditioning, heart and a good chin.

Will Cooling, fedor did what he wanted, fedor outstruck cro-cop and took him down more than a few times. fedor is the best fighter MMA has ever seen, and his MMA career probably wont be eclipsed for some time.

so take your silly "maybe he was less effective at imposing his gameplan on opponents than GSP or Silva." and shove it up your ass. Fedors gameplan was successful and was one of the best strategies I have ever seen in mma, against one of the very best heavyweights of all time!!!
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #59
Shogun Assassin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Fedor won with a superior gameplan, relentless pressure,fantastic counter punching, better conditioning, heart and a good chin.

Will Cooling, fedor did what he wanted, fedor outstruck cro-cop and took him down more than a few times. fedor is the best fighter MMA has ever seen, and his MMA career probably wont be eclipsed for some time.

so take your silly "maybe he was less effective at imposing his gameplan on opponents than GSP or Silva." and shove it up your ass. Fedors gameplan was successful and was one of the best strategies I have ever seen in mma, against one of the very best heavyweights of all time!!!
Shogun Assassin is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #60
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yaca You, you're acting like a child. I never denied that Fedor dominated Cro Cop on the feet I was simply responding to the suggestion made by others that Fedor was uniquely willing to charge into an opponent's area of strength. And I never understand why Fedor fanboys get so defensive - I've said I think he's one of the best five fighters of all time and somehow I'm denying his legacy or calling him a bad fighter? Give me a break.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum