Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


View Poll Results: Can he become the GOAT?
Yes 35 71.43%
No 14 28.57%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #61
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,153
vCash: 75
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Yaca You, you're acting like a child. I never denied that Fedor dominated Cro Cop on the feet I was simply responding to the suggestion made by others that Fedor was uniquely willing to charge into an opponent's area of strength. And I never understand why Fedor fanboys get so defensive - I've said I think he's one of the best five fighters of all time and somehow I'm denying his legacy or calling him a bad fighter? Give me a break.

did I say you were calling him a bad fighter? no. But originally you said that gsp and silva have surpassed him already which is ridiculous, then you said that he struck with cro-cop because he couldnt implement his gameplan which is an obvious falsehood.

fedor does attack his opponents at their strengths and it eventually cost him the fight with werdum. But before that it was like fedor was invincible, because of this trait.


first, read what that mutant living in your belly wrote, then get back to me.

If I am acting like a child because I repeatedly point out your bullshit, then I dont want to grow up.
yaca you is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #62
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

No you're acting like a child because you are completely unable to discuss anything without exaggeration, name-calling or pettiness. Look at the discussion me and Ne5ville14 on this topic as an example of how adults discuss things.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #63
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,153
vCash: 75
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

I called you out on you bullshit. And you dont like it William.


I used facts to prove my point and really didnt use much name calling either (arent you calling me a child? I hope thats not because of my avatar, Johan is very mature for his age)

when did I use exaggeration?
yaca you is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #64
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
I called you out on you bullshit. And you dont like it William.


I used facts to prove my point and really didnt use much name calling either (arent you calling me a child?)

when did I use exaggeration?
So gimp, mutant and telling me to stick a point up my ass isn't name calling? Whatever dude.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #65
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #66
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,153
vCash: 75
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
So gimp, mutant and telling me to stick a point up my ass isn't name calling? Whatever dude.

Im sorry Will I like you and dont mean to be insulting.

but damnit Will I never called YOU a gimp! Why cant you see this?

dont take what I say personal, its not meant to be meanspirited, I thought you knew me better than that.

but I cannot agree with what you say fedor is still tops for me. If anderson keeps up his dominance or moves up to lhw and beats jones maybe he surpasses fedor maybe. I love anderson silva more than most on this forum but what fedor has accomplished is special.

same goes for gsp continues his dominace for a few more years then maybe.

Of course this all depends on if fedors career is over which I dont think it is, if it isnt and he returns to his former glory then no one is gonna surpass him.
yaca you is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #67
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,153
vCash: 75
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Heh so if I disagree with you I'm a gimp? Okay gotcha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Ah yes...I suppose a gimp like me is unable to understand that when Fedor went for takedowns against Cro Cop and didn't get them that was part of a master strategy to stand with a striker. Silly me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
So gimp, mutant and telling me to stick a point up my ass isn't name calling? Whatever dude.



I feel the need to explain myself mr Cooling.

I was trying to say that a scenario like this was the cause of your unexplainable views:

you finish sodomising your gimp, you then put him back in the closet, but forget to lock the closet door.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You then leave the house (perhaps you go running to release some more frustration) while you are gone it is that gimp who rudely posts on your computer, which is why the posts were unbecoming of a man of your intelligence.

You return to find the gimp free of his prison, beat him, then lock him back in the closet only to find yourself in a debate with Ne5ville14 and myself. You decide to play it off as if it were you who wrote those things (because your a leader, and taking responsibility for something that is even indirectly your fault is how you do things)

But the blame is not yours. Gimps should do as their told, when they do not bad things happen.


You see thats not calling you a gimp, is it?
yaca you is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #68
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

LOL Yaca, Im sure there's other forums for that type of stuff. You know your gimp knowledge though
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #69
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Heh fair enough dude...apologies if I overreacted.

To me the top five fighters are relatively close together - comparing Couture to the other four (Shamrock, GSP, Silva and Fedor) is difficult because the nature of his achievements are so much different to their's. Whereas the other ATGs were dominant, long term champions Couture's greatness comes move from his longetivity and ability to constantly evolve.

I don't think anybody should argue too strongly against any of those five being picked as the greatest. Of them the one I'm tempted to pick is actually Frank. Not only did he do more to develop the art of MMA than the others (with the possible exception of Couture) but his light heavyweight title run was incredible, particularly considering the fact that by the end he was seriously undersized. And the fact that he retired undefeated, after defeating the man that would go on to dominant for the first half of the next decade is awe-inspiring. Its a shame that his problems with Zuffa means his career is so hidden.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #70
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Oh and yaca you I did get the gimp joke...no need to explain it me :P
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #71
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,153
vCash: 75
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

frank shamrock is an interesting pick.

I outright dont agree with couture though.
yaca you is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #72
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,153
vCash: 75
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Oh and yaca you I did get the gimp joke...no need to explain it me :P

really? I was sure you thought I was calling you a gimp. The kuato thing was basically the same scenario, it just takes over your conciousness and the rest of your body from the waste up is limp. Except kuato is a genius....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadj-j27x-k[/ame]
yaca you is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #73
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Yeah I can understand that. Couture's a difficult one due to his record but you look at the way he's been able to find success in several 'eras' of competition it is incredible. And he's really one of those fighters who developed strategies and techniques that have become widely adopted. And remember everything he's achieved in MMA came after his physical peak, who knows how good a twenty-eight year old Couture would have been in the cage.

What he does lack is that one great title run. Its a shame he fell out with the UFC in 2007 because he could easily have held onto that belt for a while and got what would have been a career defining victories over the likes of Nog and Mir (Nog won the fight when it happened in 2010 but I think Couture would have been well placed to win over five rounds and with the advantage of Nog not being familar with the cage).
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #74
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,063
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
frank shamrock is an interesting pick.

I outright dont agree with couture though.
Couture is a hard pick but he was fighting top guys right from the very start of his career and alot of his fights were title fights, It's too bad Frank quit when he did , it was a bad time for mma and really wasn't any money for him in it at the time so he spent alot of his prime not fighting.

I think Silva,GSP,Fedor and now Aldo. I think GSP will pass everyone when his career is done, his resume is already as good as anybody's and he still has alot of good years ahead yet.

Silva has remained undefeated in the UFC which nobody has been able to do like he has and he's up there in age and still is on top of his game.

What Fedor did till 2005 will never be repeated, but if you look at his resume it's littered with cans and freakshow fights and in his prime was taking on less then deserving fights.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #75
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,153
vCash: 75
Default Re: Can Anderson Silva surpass fedor as the greatest ever?

Gsp has the best chance to surpass fedor, with a victory over shields (if he wins) and a victory over Anderson silva (he has a chance) that could be enough assuming fedor doesn nothing with the rest of his career.

And Gsp has at least 3-4 good years left. I doubt anderson silva will be fighting for that many more years, if he is he will probably declined significantly he would be forty years old.
yaca you is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013