Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #31
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bowe - Golota: Who would have won the two fights if the Pole wasn't a dumbass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
Absolutely correct. Golota's attitude is if you foul me, I'll foul you back. He feels that the ref will ignore his opponents infractions, but get on AG's case for his. Watch after the first KD in the 2nd fight. When Golota has him up against the ropes & they're close, Bowe seems to try a minor headbutt & AG comes back with his own, IMMEDIATELY! Cotton stopped the action right then & there to warn Golota.

Water under the bridge...

Gotta disagree with ya on this Jets. In nearly all of Golota's most notorious fouls (Pouha bite, Nicholson headbutt, Bowe low-blows, Bowe headbutt), his opponent did nothing to warrant any kind of retaliation. Maybe in Golota's MIND his opponents were "cheating", but reality proves other wise. For example, in the second round of Bowe-Golota 2, Golota was pummeling Bowe against the ropes and in all the chaos their heads slightly came together, and maybe Golota THOUGHT Bowe did it on purpose so he intentionally headbutt him. Golota is, or was IMO just a very dirty street fighter who brought his dirty tactics into the ring when things got tough, OR for no reason at all.

This was the young and wild, much more aggressive version of Golota. Now he's much more clean and mature. Although I'm sure he still has a few screws loose.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #32
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Bowe - Golota: Who would have won the two fights if the Pole wasn't a dumbass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoax976
Gotta disagree with ya on this Jets. In nearly all of Golota's most notorious fouls (Pouha bite, Nicholson headbutt, Bowe low-blows, Bowe headbutt), his opponent did nothing to warrant any kind of retaliation. Maybe in Golota's MIND his opponents were "cheating", but reality proves other wise. For example, in the second round of Bowe-Golota 2, Golota was pummeling Bowe against the ropes and in all the chaos their heads slightly came together, and maybe Golota THOUGHT Bowe did it on purpose so he intentionally headbutt him. Golota is, or was IMO just a very dirty street fighter who brought his dirty tactics into the ring when things got tough, OR for no reason at all.

This was the young and wild, much more aggressive version of Golota. Now he's much more clean and mature. Although I'm sure he still has a few screws loose.
Your right. I must be as whacky as Andy. But his pre-occupation with going off with his opponents percieved "fouling" just further justifies his mental weakness in there. His reasoning should be not to worry about what the other guys is doing, just concentrate on doing his job & come away with the win...be positive.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #33
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
Your right. I must be as whacky as Andy. But his pre-occupation with going off with his opponents percieved "fouling" just further justifies his mental weakness in there. His reasoning should be not to worry about what the other guys is doing, just concentrate on doing his job & come away with the win...be positive.

I think all of the Golota faithful must be a tad wacky to support him for as long as we have.
Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #34
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

Golota both times. But who cares? Never happened.
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #35
Hoax976
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Funny thing about the Bowe-Golota battles, Bowe was an even bigger bully than Golota back then. He sucker punched Larry Donald at a press conference (great timing, Donald's mother had just passed away ), his manager Rock Newman and he beat up Elijah Tillery, and he was always talkin' smack. He called Lewis trash and threw his belt in the garbage for Lewis to fish out. He was known for rabbit punching and fouling his opponents. He always surrounded himself with an entourage of thugs and hooligans who caused trouble. Before the first fight, he said Golota was nothing but a bum. He was very ****y up until the first fight was over, which left Bowe schooled, battered and moaning on the floor grabbing his crotch. Even during the first fight, Bowe was doing a lot of rabbit punching, and he even pushed Golota after the 5th round after Golota gave him a severe beating. Golota responded to the shove with a kiss. Golota beat the shit out of Bowe and certainly had him humbled by the time of the rematch. Golota beat the shit out of Bowe even more and fouled him even more than the first and retired Bowe from the sport of boxing. I'd say Big Daddy got what was comin' to him ten fold.

Hoax976 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #36
ajohnfp
Sooner

I'm sorry, I don't get it. The Pole... not being a dumbass? Isn't that an oxymoron?
ajohnfp is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #37
kaptnK
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnfp
I'm sorry, I don't get it. The Pole... not being a dumbass? Isn't that an oxymoron?
Don't spend too much time thinking about it. It's prob. too much for you to comprehend.

If you find yourself lost and stuck starring blankly into the monitor still thinking about it, heres what you do; Inhale deeply (dont forget to exhale when you need feel the need), and move the mouse pointer to the top right hand corner of your monitor (you do this by rubbing your mouse over a smooth surface) and click the "X".

asshat
kaptnK is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #38
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
Oops.
I stand corrected.
No you dont it really was for the WBO title I think
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 11:43 PM   #39
chrisroxthem
Journeyman

WHAT

i dunno about the first time since i havent seen it but i saw a replay of fight two and golota knocked the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck out of him! besides one knock down in the third ffrom bowe it was all golota i mean alllll golota he was destroying him. the announcers were talking about never wanting to see bowe fight again cuz he was taking so much damage and they were wondering why the refs weren't stopping the fight. bowe was stumbling around the ring the whole fight pretty much
chrisroxthem is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum