Old 07-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #47
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Most Over Rated Boxer This Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by doknochrisan
You maybe right with the ring magazine p4p list, but not the best in his division? that's insane....
He fought JMM to a draw despite knocking him down 3 times in the 1st round. Although the decision was controversial, the fight was close due to the fact that JMM was schooling Pac for a good portion of the rest of the fight. I would have to believe that JMM would have a better than average chance of beating Pac in the rematch. Also, I believe Guzman would take out Pac if they fought. Even though i'm relatively young (24) I've been watching boxing for a long time. Brawlers like Pac will almost always struggle against a good, technically sound boxer like JMM and Guzman
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #48
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.Rock
Hopkins NEVER lost to Taylor only in the eyes of corrupt or inefficient judges and taylor supporters Hopkins is still #1 p4p
Being from Philly, I'm a huge Hopkins fan. I even still have an autographed picture of him from when I met him when I was 7. I was rooting hard for him against Taylor. However, Taylor won both of those fights. Hopkins then proceeded to whine incesively about how he got robbed, instead of taking his losses like a man. Hopkins constantly comes on WIP(a sports talk station in Philly) talking trash about McNabb, saying he can't handle adversity. However, the first bit of adversity Hopkins faces in a long time, and Hopkins throws a full blown hissy fit.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #49
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
Being from Philly, I'm a huge Hopkins fan. I even still have an autographed picture of him from when I met him when I was 7. I was rooting hard for him against Taylor. However, Taylor won both of those fights. Hopkins then proceeded to whine incesively about how he got robbed, instead of taking his losses like a man. Hopkins constantly comes on WIP(a sports talk station in Philly) talking trash about McNabb, saying he can't handle adversity. However, the first bit of adversity Hopkins faces in a long time, and Hopkins throws a full blown hissy fit.
Good post. I still don't know how anyone can give the first fight to Hop when he didn't throw anything of note for the first 8 rounds.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #50
doknochrisan
Puncher
ESB Full Member

Quote:
He fought JMM to a draw despite knocking him down 3 times in the 1st round. Although the decision was controversial, the fight was close due to the fact that JMM was schooling Pac for a good portion of the rest of the fight. I would have to believe that JMM would have a better than average chance of beating Pac in the rematch. Also, I believe Guzman would take out Pac if they fought. Even though i'm relatively young (24) I've been watching boxing for a long time. Brawlers like Pac will almost always struggle against a good, technically sound boxer like JMM and Guzman
You maybe right that PAC may have a hard time with a counter-puncher like JMM, and during their first fight, it was quite obvious. But you also have to take note that after the first round, PAC was fighting with one hand, and he still managed to salvage a draw.
doknochrisan is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #51
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doknochrisan
You maybe right that PAC may have a hard time with a counter-puncher like JMM, and during their first fight, it was quite obvious. But you also have to take note that after the first round, PAC was fighting with one hand, and he still managed to salvage a draw.
Pac pretty much fights every fight with one hand seeing as how he does most of his damage with the left. Pac has tremendous speed and power, and the heart of a lion. However, he lacks skill. He does not utilize the jab much and is off balance with too many of his punches. I hate to say this, but he needs to dump Roach and get with a guy like Mayweather Sr. If Mayweather Sr. was training this guy he'd really be p4p no.2
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 12:36 AM   #52
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf
Seeing as how some people claim that he might be better than SRL or even SRR and probably the best fighter who ever lived, not to mention
the fact that he has been considered #1 PFP fighter without actually fighting any elite competition for over 4 years my pick is :
Mayweather.
I'd listen to this arguement but i like to think of overated as someone who was billed as something and fails to meet expectations - lets us down per-say. And all though you could say that he hasn't met expectations with the guys he's fought, as of yet he hasn't let anyone down in the ring so its tough ot call him the "most" overated. IMO

I'd be more incline to call guys like Hector Camatcho Jr., Ricky Williams, and Jeff Lacy as the "most" overated guys.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 12:38 AM   #53
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
The only person that believes Floyd is better than SRL and SRR, and also believes that he is the best fighter that ever lived is Floyd. Also I'm pretty sure Floyd didn't become P4P number 1 until Hopkins lost to Taylor in 2005.
nope paulie malanagi believes it......but both of them are ****in pussies so who cares what they think.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #54
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Jermain Taylor WAS the most overrated, although most fans have probably realised he's not especially good now.

I wouldn't say Ottke was overrated. As far as I know NO-ONE rated him anyway!!
David UK is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 12:49 AM   #55
fightking12
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Samuel Peter
Jermain Taylor
fightking12 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum