Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-18-2007, 06:12 AM   #31
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1057
Default Re: Green will never ever i mean never beat Mundine!

i dont think green would beat Mundine....

he no doubt looks better at LH but he still fights pretty much exactly the same way doin the samethings he that led to Mundine beating him in the first place.....

anyone with a bit of speed would easily get out of the way of those slow ass lunging jabs Green thoughs and counter him hard...

only way i can see him winning a rematch is if Anthony cannot handle the weight... which i doubt will happen.... its a totally different sport i know but surely in his footy days Mundine was heavier then he is now so he would still have some kind of athletic ability at a higher weight
Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #32
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

I agree with Jack Daniels saying that Mundine was wise to avoid Green earlier on because they were at different levels in their careers. Mundine may have squeeked out a victory way back then but Mundine knew it was best to wait til he improved.

Nowadays, noway will Green beat Mundine. Have you guys actually watched how easily Green gets tagged by EVERYONE with jabs??! He eats them up!!!

Nrgetic would be loving this Green Hype at the moment because it is bound to make the betting odds very juicy if they were to meet again. Hell even i would put a few grand on it.
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #33
heidegger

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterp
If both step into the ring healthy

I am an West Aussie and a green fan, but he's far too 'exceptionally ordinary' to beat the talent of Mundine

reminds me of a Lleyton Hewitt v Roger Federer matchup in tennis. Lleyton is a damm solid player with solid technique, sound basics, is fit, mentally tough etc (i.e exactly like Danny) but Roger is the artist, the natural talent, the guy who can break the fundamental rules of the sport to be exceptional (like Mundine). Lleyton at his best will never ever beat Roger at his best and the same goes for Danny and Mundine
Good analogy actually.

I actually think Green has some psychological problems that inhibit his fighting ability. Im not suggesting he would ever be A class but I think if he fought more to his strengths he would be much more formidable. To be he seems to fight within himself. Take the Beyer 2 fight for example. Green fought teh worst tactical fight known to man. He realised in Rnd 12 that he needed a KO and nearly got it. But why not do that in round 4? In the Mundine fight he tried to box with Mundine which was putty in Mundines hands. He needed to maul him. Green has the capicity to look awesome in patches - such as Beyer 1 and Lucas - he just seems to suffer from lack of self belief or something.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #34
Faetter_BR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidegger
Good analogy actually.

I actually think Green has some psychological problems that inhibit his fighting ability. Im not suggesting he would ever be A class but I think if he fought more to his strengths he would be much more formidable. To be he seems to fight within himself. Take the Beyer 2 fight for example. Green fought teh worst tactical fight known to man. He realised in Rnd 12 that he needed a KO and nearly got it. But why not do that in round 4? In the Mundine fight he tried to box with Mundine which was putty in Mundines hands. He needed to maul him. Green has the capicity to look awesome in patches - such as Beyer 1 and Lucas - he just seems to suffer from lack of self belief or something.
yep the Tennis analogy is fine apart from the fact that "a punchers chance" doesn't exist in Tennis. Add that and you have the senario.

Green does have a chance to beat Mundine - but only a punchers chance - he can't beat Mundine on points... Mundine's chin is not made of granit, so it's a decent chance for Green who does carry good power. I'd have it 85/15 in favour of Mundine.
Faetter_BR is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #35
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Right at the moment ythough i feel Green could beat Mundine at 175. He looks sharper and more comfortable at that weight were as Mundine has been fighting Bums lately and with the eye injury it makes me wonder just how much Mundine has left to offer to boxing.

Greens a chance at 175 with everything that has happened of late to Mundine aswell.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #36
Peterp
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Danny has fought only bums at light heavyweight. So the fact that they both haeve fought bums really leads us to the fact that nothing much has changed since they last fought each other.

A good test for Danny would be Glen Johnson or Clinton Woods

a good test for Mundine would be Bika or Kessler rematch
Peterp is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #37
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty
And? Why the **** do you or anyone else care about what i stick my dick in? Are you curious about what happens?

I think it's hilarious that you and Dazzathebino think that the insult of the insecure 15 year old has any sort of sting to a person who is comfortable with themself, i thought i was gonna have to have an avatar of Danny 'the stiff' Green but instead i get an avatar that says 'i'm gay' So what? It was a good day
It obviously bothers you a bit, since you've reneged on your agreed bet with Dazza and changed your avatar to something more 'hetero'
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 10:06 PM   #38
doddster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
I agree.
Personally, I feel Green has far better chance against Mundine, this time round.

Since their fight, Green has fought better opponents than Mundine (excepting Soliman).
Green is now in a weight class which he is far more comfortable at, and his fighting shows this.
Mundine will be going up to a class which may not be good for him as he has the potential to lose some speed.
Green would be in his own back yard (presumably), which would give him a psychological advantage.
Both fighters know what to expect of each other, so Mundine will do little different to last time, however Green knows he needs to do something different, and will.

I wouldn't bet money on Green winning, that's for sure, however I certainly wouldn't back Mundine either.

Rick.
fair go,if anyone thinks danny green can beat choc at any weight are just dillusional.how can you hurt what you cant hit,green has appalling footwork punches to straight has no combinations and far too predictable.mundine could drop to middle and green could stay at light heavy and it would still be a demolition.i hope for greens sake it goes ahead so he can get a few more dollars but in his heart he knows,just like ricky hatton knows some blokes you just cant beat.
doddster is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 AM   #39
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppercut
danny can beat mundine. he just needs the plan. knowledge is power. he must out think mundine. chock is a dumb cunt, we all know that. green must out think him, and listen to all strategys, when he hears the right one, he'll know it!!!.
I dont think Danny is capable of out thinking Choc inside the ring. Choc in my opinion is quite smart
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 01:20 AM   #40
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppercut
mundine is smart who he gets into the ring WITH.
pardon?
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 02:22 AM   #41
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

The new weight wont really make a shit of difference imo. Sure he may hit harder, but all that means is that he'll miss harder just like he did in the first fight.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 04:14 AM   #42
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemeraraDave
One pays $1.5M to buy a title from a man who can't even make a fight "look competitive" and the other is the professional equivalent of a school bully.
LOL so true. We cant be proud of either of our champs.

I think i'll just jump across to the Katsidis express...
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 04:20 AM   #43
Peterp
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

im on the Katisdis express as well ! but i do think Juan Diaz will expose him a bit
Peterp is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #44
doddster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterp
Danny has fought only bums at light heavyweight. So the fact that they both haeve fought bums really leads us to the fact that nothing much has changed since they last fought each other.

A good test for Danny would be Glen Johnson or Clinton Woods

a good test for Mundine would be Bika or Kessler rematch
bika is taylor made for mundine throws wide punches terrible feet and avery suspect chin,he wouldnt last four rounds with mundine.kessler and joe are the only blokes he needs to be fighting
doddster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum