Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #511
les
boxerman
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson, prime for prime, who wins?

the question is could LL do a buster?not so sure
les is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #512
duran duran
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

lewis was lucky to get the decision over a flat footed 35 year old ray mercer how anyone can fancy him to beat a 21 year old tyson is beyond me if mccall and rahman could ko lewis with one punch god help him against peak tyson the only version of tyson lewis beats is the poorly trained faded post prison one .
duran duran is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #513
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauhund II View Post
So let me get this straight......he did ALMOST brake his hand but in all actuallity he did not...lol....if those are your "facts" than I am sure you are a firm believer in the following Von Der Boxing Fan"facts" lol

He lost against McCracken because he took him lightly, had a poor trainer and could have continued was it not for the stupid referee....

He lost against Rahman because he was not focused, not used to the altitude and Filming took a lot out of him.....

Was fat, unmotivated and undertrained when he got a lucky break in the VK fight and after stalling the rematch rather retired instead of facing said foe again because "he had nothing to prove anymore"................

LOL, I love your "Facts"..............
Waste of time responding..
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2011, 03:20 AM   #514
Sangria
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Resurrecting this back to life in time for Friday The 13th
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #515
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauhund II View Post
So let me get this straight......he did ALMOST brake his hand but in all actuallity he did not...lol....if those are your "facts" than I am sure you are a firm believer in the following Von Der Boxing Fan"facts" lol

He lost against McCracken because he took him lightly, had a poor trainer and could have continued was it not for the stupid referee....

He lost against Rahman because he was not focused, not used to the altitude and Filming took a lot out of him.....

Was fat, unmotivated and undertrained when he got a lucky break in the VK fight and after stalling the rematch rather retired instead of facing said foe again because "he had nothing to prove anymore"................

LOL, I love your "Facts"..............

See this is why it's hard having a discussion with some member of the board. They think name calling has some value.

Anyway, the reason this is a fact is because it came straight from the mouth of Lewis himself, and if you were actually paying attention to what he says, you'd know this. So I'm assuming that if he said he hurt his hand during the fight and couldn't use it for a couple of rounds it's very likely to be true.

Outside of a doctor confirming it I don't know why anyone wouldn't take it at face value unless they had an ulterior agenda.

Meanwhile your so called facts amount to name calling..so if you want to discuss this intelligently grow up and acquire some debating skills.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #516
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Lewis should have fought more aggressively against both Holyfield and Tyson. He had relics of both of them in front of him, and he fought very passive and cautious. He waited till he completely wore Tyson out physically by leaning on him before he went for the kill. He came into the Holyfield fight with his kidney belt pulled up to his chin and ran for the majority of the fight.

Lewis was very wary of getting knocked out and knew the impact on his legacy would be monstrous.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #517
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
Lewis should have fought more aggressively against both Holyfield and Tyson. He had relics of both of them in front of him, and he fought very passive and cautious. He waited till he completely wore Tyson out physically by leaning on him before he went for the kill. He came into the Holyfield fight with his kidney belt pulled up to his chin and ran for the majority of the fight.

Lewis was very wary of getting knocked out and knew the impact on his legacy would be monstrous.
I'm not completely disagreeing, but as mentioned in my post above, Lewis claimed he hurt his right hand in the Tyson fight and couldn't put power into it for a couple of rounds til he got use to the pain. I have no reason to doubt this. As for Holyfield I though he did well in the first fight, not as well in the second. But personally I'm not one to turn victories into losses.

He found away to win both fights and that's what matters. Some fighters, Lewis being one of them, often fight to the level of their competition and it's hard to know how he would have fought if he thought he was behind on the cards and didn't have control of the fight.

It happens in many sports. So it's hard to take any single performance and extrapolate it into anything meaningful.

Besides that, some fighters like Tyson care how they win, other fighters, are simply happy to win while taking the least amount of risk possible. Lewis was obviously in that second camp.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #518
D.T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lennox gets KOed like the bitch he is.
D.T is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #519
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Tyson by KO. Tyson gets him with the right hand to the body then uppercut.
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #520
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
In their fight, Lewis was past prime, but was still competitive whereas Tyson was shot to shit, a phrase which I use with caution.
He had no head movement, no body attack, no speed, no determination, and was the smaller and lighter guy against somebody stylistically wrong for him at the time. Of course he was going to lose!

But the prime Tyson that I know, would bob and weave under Lewis's jabs and crosses, landing brutal hooks to the body before catching him with a huge bomb!

But.... Lewis was still stylistically wrong, in fact, prime for prime, they're both stylistically wrong for each other! It depends who establishes their offense properly. If Tyson manages to land a big punch to either the body or head, perhaps it would shake Lewis and mess up his offense and defense, leading to an early KO or TKO. Or perhaps Lewis would establish that long jab and snappy right hand of his, securing a wide UD, TKO on cuts or swelling, or even a KO in the later rounds.

It depends. There's no answer, it could really go either way.

Best post of the entire thread
Old 05-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #521
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
In their fight, Lewis was past prime, but was still competitive whereas Tyson was shot to shit, a phrase which I use with caution.
He had no head movement, no body attack, no speed, no determination, and was the smaller and lighter guy against somebody stylistically wrong for him at the time. Of course he was going to lose!

But the prime Tyson that I know, would bob and weave under Lewis's jabs and crosses, landing brutal hooks to the body before catching him with a huge bomb!

But.... Lewis was still stylistically wrong, in fact, prime for prime, they're both stylistically wrong for each other! It depends who establishes their offense properly. If Tyson manages to land a big punch to either the body or head, perhaps it would shake Lewis and mess up his offense and defense, leading to an early KO or TKO. Or perhaps Lewis would establish that long jab and snappy right hand of his, securing a wide UD, TKO on cuts or swelling, or even a KO in the later rounds.

It depends. There's no answer, it could really go either way.
I agree with most of what you said

This is a 50/50 that could go either way. However i feel Tyson edges it, purely judging by the way their actual fight went
Yes Lennox Kod him and yes it was the same style he would use if Tyson was at his peak. However it took Lennox 8 rounds to do it and Tyson was more or less finished after the 1st.....a peak Tyson would not give up after the first and he would be there until late
Lennox would have his hands full, now you can see why Tysons opponents ran rather than fight, because they simply couldnt contain him (until his skills had declined)
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #522
abraq
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This one has been done many, many times. I have always felt that Tyson would have knocked out Lewis if both had fought in their respective primes.
abraq is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #523
Sangria
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I have never seen this thread before
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #524
Grinder
Dude, don't call me Dude
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPG View Post
in during lewis circle jerk.

Fact: Tyson is probably the greatest finisher in heavyweight history ( possible exception Joe Louis)
Fact: Lewis has a shaky jaw
Fact: Tyson will hurt lewis during this fight.
Fact: Lewis does not have the defense nor the recovery ability to escape.

The only ending to this fight is tyson by knockout. It is as inevitable as the tides.
Lewis beat Tyson when they fought, that is the strongest argument. Prime Tyson has a better shot given his power and movement, but to say it is inevitable as the tides is stupid.

Billions of years in the future, when our Sun bloats up into a red giant, it will expand to consume the Earth’s orbit. Then there will be no more tides.
Grinder is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #525
FJAY360
The Art Of Event Winning
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post

Billions of years in the future, when our Sun bloats up into a red giant, it will expand to consume the Earth’s orbit. Then there will be no more tides.
FJAY360 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum