boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #46
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather is strongly considering move to MMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboxing
Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's adviser and best friend, told ESPN.com Friday night that the five-division world champion, who generated 3.25 million pay-per-view buys and more than $200 million in revenue in two mega fights in 2007, came away from a Thursday meeting with Cuban giving serious thought to taking his game and considerable drawing power to MMA.

"It's definitely something he is interested in, and when Floyd makes his move, obviously it's going to be a mega event," Ellerbe said. "We don't have a timetable. Floyd is taking some time off, but Floyd understands what is involved. You have to take time to go out and understand what you're getting involved in, and he's ready to do that. But it's something he's definitely interested in doing.

"If I said there's a guaranteed $30 million payday, Floyd would be lacing them up," Cuban said, optimistic that Mayweather would eventually participate in an MMA match. "If not, I could see him working to train and develop and invest in MMA fighters, knowing the upside. He can teach them how to be a better boxer and add to their other skills."

I would like to see Mayweather clean up the welterweight divison first but if he wants to go to MMA that's fine.

talk is cheap, never happened never will.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #47
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Why would he?
"Bigger and better things..."
How is that possible with him making about as much as the whole UFC together this year... He ain't going nowhere, Cotto in late '09..
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #48
Bummy Davis
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Smoked and Moorer smoked
Bummy Davis is online now  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #49
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Im glad to see he is not rushing his decision here...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #50
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Awesome Mayweather quote about the UFC

“Who? Who’s Lyoto Machida? Lyoto Machida? Oh you mean that guy who sold 200,000 PPVs now he’s a superstar? It doesn’t take much over there does it? I’ve sold 3.5 million PPVs between my last 2 fights alone. How much money did Machida make his last fight? $100,000 maybe? Tell Dana White, for $100,000, I will come show him what a 28 million dollar check looks like..."
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #51
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboxing View Post
Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's adviser and best friend, told ESPN.com Friday night that the five-division world champion, who generated 3.25 million pay-per-view buys and more than $200 million in revenue in two mega fights in 2007, came away from a Thursday meeting with Cuban giving serious thought to taking his game and considerable drawing power to MMA.

"It's definitely something he is interested in, and when Floyd makes his move, obviously it's going to be a mega event," Ellerbe said. "We don't have a timetable. Floyd is taking some time off, but Floyd understands what is involved. You have to take time to go out and understand what you're getting involved in, and he's ready to do that. But it's something he's definitely interested in doing.

"If I said there's a guaranteed $30 million payday, Floyd would be lacing them up," Cuban said, optimistic that Mayweather would eventually participate in an MMA match. "If not, I could see him working to train and develop and invest in MMA fighters, knowing the upside. He can teach them how to be a better boxer and add to their other skills."

I would like to see Mayweather clean up the welterweight divison first but if he wants to go to MMA that's fine.
Leonard Ellerbe is a troll and Floyd Mayweather would rather die in a fire that get locked in a cage with an MMA fighter.

Anyone taking this even remotely seriously should really just get took to the vet and put down, like the useless brainless dogs they are.
Manila is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #52
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

ellerbe is a ****, mayweather is afraid to fight pac, martinez, canello and cotto back in the day he never wanted any part of mma
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #53
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 785

Even 145 would be too much for him. And I highly doubt, at his age, he can get down to 135.
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #54
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Floyd better move into Rickson Gracie's house for the next three years and pretend he's Danielsan from the Karate Kid if he wants to have a chance of suriviing in MMA. After that - he'd be ready.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #55
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pngo View Post
I seriously doubt he will get more money fighting in MMA than in boxing...
he won't but, he also won't be risking his health as much. the worse thing that could happen to him is he catches a knee or high kick but most likely will just roughed up on the ground.
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum