Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #31
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Brock has diverticulitis again,JDS vs Carwin at UFC 131 now.

I feel sorry for Brock (even though he's been a dick in the past at times). I also feel sorry for the guys who say UFC HW's are the best currently....Cuz they use JDS and Cain as reasoning as why it's the best. JDS gets knocked out (by the guy who was beaten by Brock) and everyone will say "he wasn't proven," & "who did he fight?" & "overraed"
If Fedor can dominate heavies for 10 years without a loss, loses one fight and people ask these questions then JDS will get crapped on after he loses to "No gas tank" Carwin.

I do like SF heavies a lot more, but I disagree with all that. Carwin has to be one of the biggest punchers in the history of MMA seriously, and that's why he's knocking JDS out. JDS is great though, but isn't all that proven IMO to merit him better Overeem for instance (as tons of people on this very forum argue, and I can't understand how beating Nelson & old Nog make this argument). If JDS wins though, and survives Carwin then I'd give him some props for this fight.
Primenal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #32
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
I feel sorry for Brock (even though he's been a dick in the past at times). I also feel sorry for the guys who say UFC HW's are the best currently....Cuz they use JDS and Cain as reasoning as why it's the best. JDS gets knocked out (by the guy who was beaten by Brock) and everyone will say "he wasn't proven," & "who did he fight?" & "overraed"
If Fedor can dominate heavies for 10 years without a loss, loses one fight and people ask these questions then JDS will get crapped on after he loses to "No gas tank" Carwin.

I do like SF heavies a lot more, but I disagree with all that. Carwin has to be one of the biggest punchers in the history of MMA seriously, and that's why he's knocking JDS out. JDS is great though, but isn't all that proven IMO to merit him better Overeem for instance (as tons of people on this very forum argue, and I can't understand how beating Nelson & old Nog make this argument). If JDS wins though, and survives Carwin then I'd give him some props for this fight.
in terms of accomplishment JDS has done more than carwin therefore JDS is more proven than carwin.

both beat gonzaga
JDS beat:
Roy nelson
Cropcop (even tho he is shot)
Werdum who was a top contender atm and still is

JDS has 2 KO of the night while carwin has only 1
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #33
zarman

vCash:

Good news. There are going to be fireworks
Old 05-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #34
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
in terms of accomplishment JDS has done more than carwin therefore JDS is more proven than carwin.

both beat gonzaga
JDS beat:
Roy nelson
Cropcop (even tho he is shot)
Werdum who was a top contender atm and still is

JDS has 2 KO of the night while carwin has only 1
Google search ftw!
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #35
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:

**** BRO PROPS thats exactly how i feel in my opinion the best hws in order are
1) Overeem
2) Velasquez
3) Carwin
4) Jds
5) Brock
i believe also that carwin will knock jds out but carwin vs overeem is what i wanna see its will be the battle of "THE ENGINEER'S AWESOME 5XL GLOVE SUPER PUNCHES VS THE UBERKNEE'S OF THE DEMOLITION MAN OVEREEM!!
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #36
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
JDS is great though, but isn't all that proven IMO to merit him better Overeem for instance
Overeem has done **** all at HW in MMA.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #37
Ai-edy2007
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Overeem has done **** all at HW in MMA.
dude your acting like a zuffa zombie he's k1 champ which you can infer to him as having ****ing amazing striking for mma and is the dream champ bet old bum ass todd duffee and is strikeforce champ. Just wait till he wins the hw grand prix, overeem is a roided up cunt who has amazing one punch, knee k.o.'s so if you can name one other fighter who has accomplished more than 3 belts in different orgs and is mma name them.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #38
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
dude your acting like a zuffa zombie he's k1 champ which you can infer to him as having ****ing amazing striking for mma and is the dream champ bet old bum ass todd duffee and is strikeforce champ. Just wait till he wins the hw grand prix, overeem is a roided up cunt who has amazing one punch, knee k.o.'s so if you can name one other fighter who has accomplished more than 3 belts in different orgs and is mma name them.
If you count a UFC Tourney belt then Dan Henderson's. Overeems belts in MMA mean **** all
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #39
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Great fight. I pick JDS because he can move, but this is a great fight and I can see it going either way.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #40
Ai-edy2007
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
If you count a UFC Tourney belt then Dan Henderson's. Overeems belts in MMA mean **** all
hmm true but i think overeem would dispose most of the hw's in UFC the exceptions are
1) velasquez
2) Carwin
In my opinion overeem would destroy jds
Old 05-14-2011, 04:26 AM   #41
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
hmm true but i think overeem would dispose most of the hw's in UFC the exceptions are
1) velasquez
2) Carwin
In my opinion overeem would destroy jds

Overeem would destroy anyone in MMA. JDS or Cain gives him the hardest fight, but he still makes short work of either. He's going to dominate like Anderson

edit - Barnett Overeem will be interesting
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #42
Ai-edy2007
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Overeem would destroy anyone in MMA. JDS or Cain gives him the hardest fight, but he still makes short work of either. He's going to dominate like Anderson

edit - Barnett Overeem will be interesting
hahah yea it will be the battle of the roid users.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #43
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Who did he beat for the strikforce belt? Paul Buentello. And how many times has he defended in the past 4 years? Once. Against Brett Rogers. And he beat Todd Duffee for his Dream belt. Wow.
Every person he's beaten at heavy weight, except two has either been in the middle of a massive losing streak, or retired soon after or both.

K-1 is not MMA, Overeem may well take out the whole grand prix, and after that I'll change my tune, but until then he has done **** all at HW in MMA.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #44
Ai-edy2007
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Who did he beat for the strikforce belt? Paul Buentello. And how many times has he defended in the past 4 years? Once. Against Brett Rogers. And he beat Todd Duffee for his Dream belt. Wow.
Every person he's beaten at heavy weight, except two has either been in the middle of a massive losing streak, or retired soon after or both.

K-1 is not MMA, Overeem may well take out the whole grand prix, and after that I'll change my tune, but until then he has done **** all at HW in MMA.
hahaha just and wait and see overeem will clean the hw grand prix out easy.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #45
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Maybe. He has already lost to Werdum, and is 1-1 to Sergei (his last loss).
If he does take out the GP then he certainly has a case as the #1 heavy weight, but until then he's no where near it.
Primate is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum