Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Garay is Green's mandatory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Yeah that was pretty clever.
Garay aint no slouch, aint no taxi driver as well.
Is definite top 12 at Light Heavy, prob borderline top 8 to 10.
Ring Mag have him at 10.
Good summary of the ratings, but Garay recently suffered a DQ loss, so I would have him around 12-15. He is a good fighter though and most poeple think he deserved to win one if not both the Erdei fights. His one deficieny is power, otherwise it should be a tough night for Green, though a very winnable fight.

Last edited by kirk; 11-19-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Axe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2007, 04:53 AM   #17
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
Good summary of the ratings, but Garay recently suffered a DQ loss, so I would have him around 12-15. He is a good fighter though and most poeple think he deserved to win one if not both the Erdei fights. His one deficieny is power, otherwise it should be a tough night for Green, though a very winnable fight.
Yeah fair enough Axe.
I never seen footage of that recent DQ loss. So i cant comment on it.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2007, 05:07 AM   #18
Sapphire
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think Paul Briggs was supose to fight this guy, but Briggs pulled out due to health problems.
Sapphire is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2007, 06:00 AM   #19
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

his best fight lakatos a tough fighter garay beat in spain and his 2 against erdei

his d/q loss means nothing v a journeyman according to boxing rec he already had his opponsnt down twice and took a cheap shot at him after a bell and i presume a bit of theatrics occured and the cab driver could not continue and garay was d/q.

garay is a pressure fighter /6.0 looks a bit taller to me/heavy handed power and not 1 shot ko power /quite fast hands//switches it up to head and body, but he does a lot of body work for a light heavy/likes to fight in the trenches/very fit and sets a high tempo./quite good skillset inside/can be outboxed if you keep it long/feet are a bit sluggish/good chin/

sort of like an argentinian glen johnson stylewise.

IMO will give green a long hard gruelling fight unless green can plant his feet early and let rip with some bombs to make garay worried about engaging.

garay does let his hands go everytime i have seen him and is not worried about taking a shot to give a shot, quite compact punching style and does keep his chin tuckedin while letting go combos to body and head.

i had garay edging both erdei fights as while erdei landed cleaner shots, they had no sting on them and garay threw twice as many and landed especially to the body a lot more shots in the fight.

green and garay styles will gell well and it will be a good fight but i predict a hard one for green unless his power can turn the balance.

i dont think garay can ko green and expect a hard tough slog for both fighters in an australian fight of the year.
sean is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2007, 06:00 AM   #20
Daft P
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I have seen Garay rocked only once, against Alejandro Lakatus. (Lakatus could hurt even Dariusz Michalcewski) The Garay-Lakatus fight was also a nice one

Erdei does not have serious punching power, he did not hurt Garay. Erdei had trouble with him, because Erdei's most effective weapon is his very quick straight left, which he could not use as comfortable as usual since Garay's handspeed is also great.

I had seen a few other Garay fights as well, his best performance (by far) was the second contest with Erdei. He is not always that accurate. This fight depends on the shape of Garay. If he comes in top shape, Green will have a long long night....
Daft P is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2007, 06:07 AM   #21
Daft P
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean

i had garay edging both erdei fights as while erdei landed cleaner shots, they had no sting on them and garay through twice as many and landed especially to the body a lot more shots in the fight.
I had Erdei winning the first fight. Garay could not hit the Hungarian clearly at all. He was outboxed for 8 rounds. However, we all know he did not have enough time to prepare.

The reason for the rematch was that Garay remained mandatory challanger at WBO. Erdei was more passive in the second fight, Garay pressed the action even more, but as far as I remember Erdei could still land the cleaner shots. I scored a draw or 115-113 to Garay.
Daft P is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2007, 06:16 AM   #22
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

i did the round by round on esb for both erdei v garay fights and it is a case of what you prefer.

a few potshots from the outside that landed clean on garay`s head but which never troubled him and he walked through, or garays constant work some of which got through some which did not but thrown with greater authourity and tired erdei out.

my own preference on those fights were for garay.

i score rounds for the aggressor if he is letting his hands go even if the defensive fighter is blocking them , if he does no work at all himself then the fighter throwing punches wins the round for me.

erdie had to many of these type of rounds.
sean is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2007, 06:23 AM   #23
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Thanks for the analysis on Garay boys.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2007, 12:03 PM   #24
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Daft P and Sean has given a good a picture of Garay, I would only add that Garay has a better workrate than Green has, but he's less accurate. He mixes his punches well hits to the body and to the head. His conditioning is amazing but his defence is not that great. Relentless pressure fighter. This should be a very good fight and Green is in for a very tough night.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 12:17 PM   #25
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I watched both Garay-Erdie fights and had Garay winning both, the crowd boo'ed the decision
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #26
*BOX_FAN*
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Erdei vs Garay I had draw but II Garay won no doubt. If Garay vs Green fight will happen I pick Garay by decision.
*BOX_FAN* is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 04:34 PM   #27
Daft P
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The crowd booed the decision when Winky Wright won against Sam Soliman.... that is all, the Erdei-Garay contests were the same. First one clear cut win for Erdei (actually, the first decision was not booed...). Second one close for Garay.

Crowd sees the amount of punches only, not the clean shots... from which Garay had very few.

Last edited by hoopsman; 11-20-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Daft P is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #28
Peterp
Contender
ESB Senior Member

this division must be one of the weakest in boxing
Peterp is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum