Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-15-2011, 04:43 AM   #16
acr347
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Felt bad for Arthur Abraham tonight. Maybe try MMA?

Has he ever fought with a different approach rather absorb, and then come on in the 7th round, when his opponent tires?
It just seems that's his only arsenal strategy, I've ever seen him fight with. I've only seen him fight 5 times, including his first bout with Miranda.

I dunno, he seems adamant staying at super middle, but I'm not sure who in the elite echelon he could actually beat.
acr347 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 04:44 AM   #17
Exactabox
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 375

All he has to do is learn to block shots with some head movement. Mix it up from the shell. he covers his face cant see his opponent, can't counter from that guard. I just don't understand. he has the tools.
Exactabox is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 04:45 AM   #18
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exactabox View Post
All he has to do is learn to block shots with some head movement. Mix it up from the shell. he covers his face cant see his opponent, can't counter from that guard. I just don't understand. he has the tools.
hahaha yea bro agreed mma would be a better match for him i reckon.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 04:55 AM   #19
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingkazim View Post
Bika would win that
I must agree AA is simply too small at the weight to be effective in his turtleshell defence, at least he had one good night KO'ing Taylor. I do feel AA is his own worst enemy at times and that idiot Wegner is half the problem.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:00 AM   #20
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

No talk of Abe vs. Pavlik? Not a lot of foot movement in that fight and that would be a good thing. I wouldn't mind seeing that slugfest at all. You don't have to be an elite fighter to be in a great fight.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:03 AM   #21
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

too stiff for mma
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:03 AM   #22
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjames View Post
too stiff for mma
yea bro your right
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:17 AM   #23
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
It's a shame because it seems he could be much much better if hr fought with a trainer that gave him a style that suited his attributes much better. I would say the lack of stamina is a setback, but if he fought out of a crouch and as a smaller target, or perhaps even more like his idol Mike Tyson he could be loads better. The guy, also, seriously needs to learn to tighten and straighten his punches so there more compact. Never seen such wild unorthodox shots like that before. I always thought he had the build and style to have better chance at crossing over to MMA than most fighters.

Tonight he looked like an absolute tank in the ring. Bigger than normal. For those who called him a midget at the press conference. He looked very stout and thick in there.
Pete DAMN. I thought you could not say kind words about Fighter you dont like, but this was good post. There is definitely something AA could do better as you mentioned.. He is what he is but his coach Wegner... not good.. listen what he says to AA at the ring..
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:19 AM   #24
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exactabox View Post
Good points but that is NOT what Wegner teaches to his students...
He is teaching them to fight like Stiffs.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:27 AM   #25
rushman
Devoid is Devoid
ESB Addict

vCash: 9205

AA cannot realistically make a career in MMA. Maybe if he had of started 10 years ago.

He will make more in a couple of high profile boxing matches then he would if he was to try to get into MMA. If he goes back down to 160, takes on a tune up, then he can have a couple of high profile fights. He needs to manage the rest of his career carefully, and maybe swap trainers too.

AA goes into MMA, he has to train like a bitch for the next 2 years, then he gets choked out in his first match against a nobody. That isn't a clever idea.
rushman is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:31 AM   #26
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

AA would get destroyed in MMA.

Where does he go from here? Back down to MW?
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 06:02 AM   #27
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
Considering some of the muscular fighters we've had. I don't think that's the real issue. Although you make a good general point on the subject of muscular fighters.
Muscular Wlad and Haye and Vitali hold all the belts between them. So you understand how that statement is wrong? Also you can't deny that pacman and Bradley are both built like tanks. Bottom line is if you are 1 dimensional and slow then that is what will lose you fights and not a fighters build.
rainmaker is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #28
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Abraham needs to go back down to middleweight. Abraham gave the blueprint to beating Ward early though, but he stopped using his jab. Bute will knock Ward out if they ever fight, but doubt if Ward will be allowed to fight Bute. Johnson or Froch will give Ward pure Hell, could knock him out!
This..

AA is clearly NOT a smw,he always looks like the smaller man,and cannot assert himself physically against the likes of Ward,Froch,Dirrell.He was having plenty of success in the early rounds when he was boxing Ward,but he obviously has serious stamina issues,because after the 4th round he just stood in front of Ward doing what AA usually does (hands high,no lateral movement) and Ward spent the rest of the fight teeing off on him.
One thing is certain,Froch,Johnson and Bute will have enjoyed what they seen in the first 2 or 3 rounds,Ward does not like fighting off the back foot,as small and unskilled as AA is,he was having a fair amount of success when he tried to box Ward,he was landing the Jab and stung Ward a couple of times with the left hook.Ward was very hesitant about trying to counter AA in the early rounds.
I'm convinced Wards '0' will go in the super 6 final.Froch and Johnson are both heavy handed,have superb stamina,and can box behind the jab.I know they will have studied Wards fights and don't see them being drawn inside and bullied as Kessler did,or wasting punches and energy throwing wild shots against Wards arms and shoulders and being countered as Bika did.
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #29
Ukansodoff
Only slightly camp
ESB Senior Member

Abraham is not a skillful fighter and relys on his heavyhands. But his hands are not heavy enough in this division, hes not a supermiddleweight natural. He cant seem to be able to make the same impact and there are too many superior boxers at the top end of this division.

He knows hes been losing these fights and he knows hes got little in his bag to do anything about it other than plod on and hope he gets lucky.
Ukansodoff is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #30
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
Pete DAMN. I thought you could not say kind words about Fighter you dont like, but this was good post. There is definitely something AA could do better as you mentioned.. He is what he is but his coach Wegner... not good.. listen what he says to AA at the ring..
I only disliked AA after the whole hitting Dirrell low and than "actor" bit. After that, I was being reactionary to a lot of the senseless posting by AA fans. At this point, I don't mind AA too much. I'm over that. As far as posting nice about fighters I dislike. I do it from time to time, but it's human nature to focus on posts that are disagreeable to our own. By the way, have you ever said anything nice about David Haye... ever?
PetethePrince is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum