Old 05-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #16
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: So who gets the KO ?carwin or dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Carwin has greater punching power than pretty much anyone out there. When he connects flush on people, they fall to pieces. But, he gasses out very easily as well. I expect JDS will fight smart, jabbing, going in and out, until he feels Carwin tiring, then he'll finish him brutally. It won't take long. But of course I wouldn't rule out a Carwin KO, not at all.
exactly this. JDS is the more refined striker, by far I think, But never underestimate Carwin's raw power. I think JDS is smart enough and good enough to not get caught while delivering his own punishment and finishing late in the first or 2nd round.
bachatu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I agree with everyone and think Dos Santos takes this one. I do hope Carwin has worked on his cardio though he is awesome to watch
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #18
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Carwin went for the finish , its not like he exploded with a Cain Velasquez style flurry , he was gassed because he has poor stamina , JDS will be hoping for a 3 round fight which stays on the feet for the full 15 mins , that way he can be sure he wins the fight

Different ground games , JDS a brown belt under the Noguerra bros and Carwin a high class college wrestler , its a different skill set but both effective . it comes down to who gets top position first !!!
I agree with all of this. The first part was what I was trying to say, but didn't word it very well.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Carwin went for the finish , its not like he exploded with a Cain Velasquez style flurry , he was gassed because he has poor stamina , JDS will be hoping for a 3 round fight which stays on the feet for the full 15 mins , that way he can be sure he wins the fight

Different ground games , JDS a brown belt under the Noguerra bros and Carwin a high class college wrestler , its a different skill set but both effective . it comes down to who gets top position first !!!
Carwin had bulked up to match Brock's size which hurt his conditioning. You look at the Mir fight he comes in very light (lighter than Mir actually) but by UFC 116 he was bigger than Brock. And given the fact that JDS couldn't take Nelson down, I know who I back to get the takedown.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #20
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Dos Santos is a better striker and has better stamina. Carwin do have the punching power but i feel JDS is a much better fighter overall. JDS by TKO.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #21
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I also think a big advantage is that JDS was training for Brock and Carwin is similar in that he is a big guy he will want to move around and avoid the clinch. Carwin on the other hand? Dunno what he was doing and it's quite short notice to come back from a long layoff and be fighting an agile and crisp striker like JDS.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 04:19 AM   #22
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

JDS will get kfto mark my words.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #23
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
I also think a big advantage is that JDS was training for Brock and Carwin is similar in that he is a big guy he will want to move around and avoid the clinch. Carwin on the other hand? Dunno what he was doing and it's quite short notice to come back from a long layoff and be fighting an agile and crisp striker like JDS.
Training for a fight on the same event. Against a far lesser standard of opponent.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #24
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Carwin had bulked up to match Brock's size which hurt his conditioning. You look at the Mir fight he comes in very light (lighter than Mir actually) but by UFC 116 he was bigger than Brock. And given the fact that JDS couldn't take Nelson down, I know who I back to get the takedown.
yea bro agreed shane carwin had to match brock's weight in 116 which as you said took out much of his gas tank the guy is a beast he wears 5XL gloves JDS is going to have an early night and a long trip in the hospital.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #25
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
yea bro agreed shane carwin had to match brock's weight in 116 which as you said took out much of his gas tank the guy is a beast he wears 5XL gloves JDS is going to have an early night and a long trip in the hospital.
his glove size means jack shit and he is in their against a superior striker.
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #26
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

JDS has silky smooth boxing skills. He is sometimes a touch too relaxed and could get clipped because of it but generally his footwork and hands are on a higher level to Carwin. JDS effortlessly goes to the body, switches from upstairs to downstairs etc
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #27
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
To my knowledge Carwin has weighed 265 or there abouts for all of his fights in the UFC , he is of a smiliar size to Brock anyway and in no way shape or form did he look " any bigger " for that perticular fight .

What happened is that his lack of stamina was exposed , end of story really !!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #28
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Anything can happen we've never seen JDS chin get tested and carwin sure will test it so should bs good while it lasted
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #29
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
To my knowledge Carwin has weighed 265 or there abouts for all of his fights in the UFC , he is of a smiliar size to Brock anyway and in no way shape or form did he look " any bigger " for that perticular fight .

What happened is that his lack of stamina was exposed , end of story really !!
He always weighed in in the 250s, then he had to cut to 265 for the Brock fight. He may not have been bigger than brock, but he was certainly the biggest he's ever been in the ufc
Primate is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #30
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Carwins cardio peaked at a staggering 1 round..... on roids

This fight has 2 likely scenarios

1. Carwin wins by KO r1
2. JDS wins in any round

so we have a 25 minute fight which is essentialy decided in the opening 5 minutes
Beouche is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum