Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
chaseme

vCash: 500
Default Boxing Weight Work Out/advice

Firstly, i'm sure this has been a regular question so I apologize for reposting it, I was just unable to find what i was looking for.

I recently got back into boxing/thai boxing, an attempt to get my life back in order whilst still young and i still have some of my best days ahead of me, however i'd like to really go about it in the smartest way possible. I used to excessively train, pads, sparr, spin, and a weight work out that was taken off bodybuilding.com for example, but nothing specific to boxing.

I came across the beginners guide sticky, here on the forum and i'm gonna start that right away, however my question was does anyone have a weight specific work out they'd recommend, or something i could encorporate into that guide.

what ever the work out is, i'd be encorporating it into my current routine;
Monday
muay thai pads + conditioning

Tuesday
yoga+thai pads

Wednesday
thai sparring + boxing pads

Thursday
thai pads+thai sparring

Friday
boxing sparring + spin

Saturday
Thai pads + thai sparring

with a schedule like this, what would you recommend from your own experience. I would really just appreciate anyones input on what's worked for them over the years. i'm 22 at the moment, and i've been boxing/muay thai on and off for about 6 years now, but every time i start to build up in training i get an injury, and i'd really like to get as close to stepping into the ring as possible while i'm still young.

so any advice will be highly appreciated. i'd also appreciate any dietry/nutritional advice. I've got loads of pages bookmarked, but i'd really like input based on your own experiences and what's worked for you.

again appreciate any feedback.
chaseme is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing