Old 05-17-2011, 05:00 AM   #31
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Re: Motivation...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antsu View Post
For my experience training partners are great at start, but dent to be harder to get in the gym as time goes by.

Soon enough it will be easier to just go there by yourself, than convince his excuse making lazy ass to the gym.

But that just my experience. Maybe I have chose wrong training partners

i found this, i was already going the gym a year or so though first before a mate came along. At first it was great. But after a while i knew it wasnt going to last he moaned about everything. I remember once sparring and it was a fairly rough session, and he was still with the beginners doing pads and drills. He then complained to me that he was with a really big lad who was hitting him as hard as possible. To which my reply was well you should just be practicing and learning but if hes being a **** give him a dig back!

And then he started telling all our other mates he was a boxer and how you throw certain punches!

Not a success story lol
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #32
ElGalloNegro
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufc_jay View Post
Hello gents and scholars...

What do you guys do for motivation??

I need tips, I work a 9 hour day, sitting at a desk all day long, I get home around 6pm every day and never have the "get up and go" to drag my arse to the gym anymore, I'm either too tired or feel like I don't want to take up loads of my evening after a long day (which is most probably a cop-out)...

Any advice?

I finish work at 6 pm every day, I get home at about 7 pm and still go for my training session and come home at about 8:30.

I love the sport and I love workout, everyday I tell myself to push it and be better because I want to be better in the art of boxing. I have changes in me physically and mentally which motivate me even moe to follow my workout schedule religiously.

You need to just not think and get up and go, after work or on a week-end..just go..don't think too much. Start by doing little and gradually increase.
ElGalloNegro is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #33
MrSmall
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGalloNegro View Post
I finish work at 6 pm every day, I get home at about 7 pm and still go for my training session and come home at about 8:30.

I love the sport and I love workout, everyday I tell myself to push it and be better because I want to be better in the art of boxing. I have changes in me physically and mentally which motivate me even moe to follow my workout schedule religiously.

You need to just not think and get up and go, after work or on a week-end..just go..don't think too much. Start by doing little and gradually increase.
Great post!
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #34
Gandhi
Celtic

vCash: 500

Reading this thread is killing me. I'm currently out of boxing for another 2 and a half weeks due to a broken finger that needs resting.

I have always been an athlete in running and football and generally very fit, but was very interested in boxing - just no gym specific to it around. Eventually one has opened up and I started training, I work in a office mon-fri 8-5, and boxing starts at 6pm 3 times a week. When i joined i was rushing down the road to get there as its all i wanted to do. Could barely move after it but man its great. Then i broke my finger and got told to leave boxing for 6 weeks which has been torture. Since then I joined a heavy gym where im getting back into weights again but im literally counting down the seconds to go back to boxing.

Anyways, as people say - you can only motivate yourself. Just go out and do it, dont spend hours thinking about doing it.
Gandhi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing