Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #16
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scott Coker demoted......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
Don't really understand. It says "Strikeforce Executive VP & General Manager Scott Coker"
It says him after "President" Dana White.
If the executive VP is anything like Vice President of the U.S for example...That's a pretty good title. Of course Dana is the president, and going to stay that way. If Scott Coker is like right behind him...I'd consider that as pretty good.
Executive might mean something a little different though.....
Scott Coker "was" the Strikeforce CEO. If this is business as usual as Dana iterated many times why has Coker's title changed?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 AM   #17
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Default Re: Scott Coker demoted......

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty One View Post
He hates you too (but loves your mama).
hahaha algud mighty mouse you faggot.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #18
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Scott Coker demoted......

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Scott Coker "was" the Strikeforce CEO. If this is business as usual as Dana iterated many times why has Coker's title changed?
A whole host of reasons. These aren't make believe titles given to people on a whim; they're legally defined concepts. Its quite possible that Coker no longer being a partner in the company (having sold his stock) and the move of the company to Vegas means that legally he can't be called the CEO even if he was still the person responsible for running Strikeforce.

And its worth pointing out that "the business as usual" quote was about Coker still being the man in charge. They made it clear from the start that they would be making back end changes.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #19
amhlilhaus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scott Coker demoted......

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
To date no promotion that the UFC has acquired has remained as separate brand. It stands to reason that SF will be no different.
exactly, anyone with common sense knew what was up the minute the deal was announced.
amhlilhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scott Coker demoted......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
A whole host of reasons. These aren't make believe titles given to people on a whim; they're legally defined concepts. Its quite possible that Coker no longer being a partner in the company (having sold his stock) and the move of the company to Vegas means that legally he can't be called the CEO even if he was still the person responsible for running Strikeforce.

And its worth pointing out that "the business as usual" quote was about Coker still being the man in charge. They made it clear from the start that they would be making back end changes.
This is all conjecture mate. SF as a legal entity STILL exists. And thus there is NO NEED to change their management structure UNLESS the parent company decides so. That in my mind clearly does NOT constitute BAU. Either way as iv already said a thousand times it's there in black and white and the RESULTS speak for themself. Anything outside of that is just rambling supposition.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #21
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Scott Coker demoted......

I'm pretty sure that was my point actually.

You were the one passing off speculation that somebody had been installed above Scott Coker as fact.

You are the one jumping to conclusions about the nature of his role.

You are the one rushing to pronounced the promotion dead and buried.

All I was saying that there is no evidence of any changes beyond the back-end changes that Zuffa always said they would make and are likely to be beneficial. Coker has been given the same title that Reed Harris had when he was autonomously running WEC. There is no evidence that he is reporting to anybody other than the owners of the company.

Maybe they will shut down Strikeforce within the next twelve months. Maybe they'll take all the championships away. And maybe both decisions are the sensible course of action. But until something happens let's not rush to conclusions because one guy has had his title changed when there's no evidence his role has actually changed with it.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #22
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scott Coker demoted......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
I'm pretty sure that was my point actually.

You were the one passing off speculation that somebody had been installed above Scott Coker as fact.

You are the one jumping to conclusions about the nature of his role.

You are the one rushing to pronounced the promotion dead and buried.

All I was saying that there is no evidence of any changes beyond the back-end changes that Zuffa always said they would make and are likely to be beneficial. Coker has been given the same title that Reed Harris had when he was autonomously running WEC. There is no evidence that he is reporting to anybody other than the owners of the company.

Maybe they will shut down Strikeforce within the next twelve months. Maybe they'll take all the championships away. And maybe both decisions are the sensible course of action. But until something happens let's not rush to conclusions because one guy has had his title changed when there's no evidence his role has actually changed with it.
Bla bla bla. YOU are the one playing devils advocate and glibly ignoring the obvious. Scott Cokers title has changed to a lesser one but in your eyes he hasn't been demoted?!?!?!? O k
Every single UFC aquisition has been folded but rather than go with obvious body of evidence you want to pontificate on semantics. You're on your own ****ring.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #23
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Scott Coker demoted......

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Bla bla bla. YOU are the one playing devils advocate and glibly ignoring the obvious. Scott Cokers title has changed to a lesser one but in your eyes he hasn't been demoted?!?!?!? O k
Every single UFC aquisition has been folded but rather than go with obvious body of evidence you want to pontificate on semantics. You're on your own ****ring.
What ****ing evidence do you have that its a demotion?

Scott Coker was numero uno in Strikeforce as CEO.

Do you have any evidence he's not numero uno as General Manager.

And I'll say this for the millionth time. They kept the WEC alive for FOUR YEARS. They gave that promotion every chance to suceed and carve out a niche for itself. People were begging them to scrapp it and let the likes of Faber, Torres and Aldo fight in the UFC.

I'm not saying Strikeforce won't at some point die. I just don't see what evidence there is for the idea that the UFC is already plotting to destroy something they've spent a lot of money to acquire.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #24
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scott Coker demoted......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
What ****ing evidence do you have that its a demotion?

Scott Coker was numero uno in Strikeforce as CEO.

Do you have any evidence he's not numero uno as General Manager.

And I'll say this for the millionth time. They kept the WEC alive for FOUR YEARS. They gave that promotion every chance to suceed and carve out a niche for itself. People were begging them to scrapp it and let the likes of Faber, Torres and Aldo fight in the UFC.

I'm not saying Strikeforce won't at some point die. I just don't see what evidence there is for the idea that the UFC is already plotting to destroy something they've spent a lot of money to acquire.
You actually don't have a point. CEO General Manager. Yeah that's not a demotion
And your point about the WEC is a strawman. Where's the WEC now ****ring?

SF will be gone in less than 2 years. Book mark this post and be prepared to eat some serious crow.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #25
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Scott Coker demoted......

I give up. Its like talking to a retarded brick wall that has an attitude problem.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013