Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict

vCash: 277
Default Re: Shinya Aoki to face Shane Nelson (TUF Alumni) at DREAM 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrn4s View Post
Wow guess this fight not happening.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
He opted to face Rich Clementi as someone here mentioned, personally I am a bit disappointed, I wanted to see Jamie Varner. I do not really see what he can prove with Clementi, but I guess he is starting to fight more Americans now so maybe he will think about coming over.
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2011, 02:33 AM   #17
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun Assassin View Post
"Sugar Shane Nelson"
Sad isn't it. Sugar Ray Robinson. Sugar Ray Leonard. Sugar Shane Mosley............................................. Rashad Evans? Shane Nelson? REALLY??!?!!!?!?!
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2011, 04:04 AM   #18
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
He opted to face Rich Clementi as someone here mentioned, personally I am a bit disappointed, I wanted to see Jamie Varner. I do not really see what he can prove with Clementi, but I guess he is starting to fight more Americans now so maybe he will think about coming over.
Rich Clementi is a much much better fighter than Shane Nelson , Aoki is going to flit between Dream and SF for the rest of his career , that is pretty obvious , and really why shouldnt he ?? he has a lot of success in Japan and will have sucess in SF , the animals in the UFC would make his career short in the States (im not trying in any way shape or form intice you there BTW its just the way i see it) . He's better of sticking with what he's doing now . His style is much better suited to Japanese rules and as long as he can pick up decent opponents (Clementi being one) in Japan then why not !!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2011, 04:50 AM   #19
Beekeeper
ESB Addict

Clementi appears to be on quite a poor run of late, I would have prefered Varner because he at least has some fights against the top WEC guys.

I don't know if he will be able to fight for SF as it appears they are to be set to be digested by the UFC. However, the optimist in me would hope that UFC can see the great potenital matchups that could be made if Aoki were to be brought in. This may not happen however because the UFC has a solid LW division already and Aoki is the face of Dream. However you think Aoki would do against the UFC 'animals' I hope that at least we get the chance to find out.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #20
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Clementi appears to be on quite a poor run of late, I would have prefered Varner because he at least has some fights against the top WEC guys.

I don't know if he will be able to fight for SF as it appears they are to be set to be digested by the UFC. However, the optimist in me would hope that UFC can see the great potenital matchups that could be made if Aoki were to be brought in. This may not happen however because the UFC has a solid LW division already and Aoki is the face of Dream. However you think Aoki would do against the UFC 'animals' I hope that at least we get the chance to find out.
Right now Varner is more relevant than Clementi that cannot be argue'd . but ive always been a big fan of Clementi's ability , i seen him as one of those fighters who's skill set was ahead of his time , he's a solid LW .

My understanding of it is that the UFC will allow SF to continue as it has been , i.e. Nick Diaz fighting pro boxing and in Japan whilst still being the SF WW champion , Aoki fighting in multiple organisitaions etc etc , i dont think its gonna effect Aoki's flitting between promotions TBH .

If Aoki wants to reside in the UFC he will have to leave DREAM alltogether , and sign solely with UFC in conjunction with the way they have there fighters contracted ala Gomi , is Aoki gonna do that ?? i dont think he is
Old 05-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #21
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Sad isn't it. Sugar Ray Robinson. Sugar Ray Leonard. Sugar Shane Mosley............................................. Rashad Evans? Shane Nelson? REALLY??!?!!!?!?!
+1
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #22
Beekeeper
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Right now Varner is more relevant than Clementi that cannot be argue'd . but ive always been a big fan of Clementi's ability , i seen him as one of those fighters who's skill set was ahead of his time , he's a solid LW .

My understanding of it is that the UFC will allow SF to continue as it has been , i.e. Nick Diaz fighting pro boxing and in Japan whilst still being the SF WW champion , Aoki fighting in multiple organisitaions etc etc , i dont think its gonna effect Aoki's flitting between promotions TBH .

If Aoki wants to reside in the UFC he will have to leave DREAM alltogether , and sign solely with UFC in conjunction with the way they have there fighters contracted ala Gomi , is Aoki gonna do that ?? i dont think he is
I hope that if the UFC takes SF in, whether they do or not, that they adopt their co-promotional paractices like for Aoki and Mousasi. History tells us that will not be the case.

I only see Aoki leaving DREAM if they start losing a lot of money and can't hold so many events, or if there is more interest from the UFC for him as he wins a couple more SF fights.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #23
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
I hope that if the UFC takes SF in, whether they do or not, that they adopt their co-promotional paractices like for Aoki and Mousasi. History tells us that will not be the case.

I only see Aoki leaving DREAM if they start losing a lot of money and can't hold so many events, or if there is more interest from the UFC for him as he wins a couple more SF fights.
Not gonna happen , if they wouldnt do this for Fedor , they certainly will not for Aoki or Moussasi , is the consunsus from DREAM that they are losing money ??? i wasnt aware of this ...................

The UFC will already be interested in Aoki , it doesnt matter how he does in SF he is a world class mixed martial artist , the UFC will want him on board no doubt but they can certainly live without him !!!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #24
Beekeeper
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Not gonna happen , if they wouldnt do this for Fedor , they certainly will not for Aoki or Moussasi , is the consunsus from DREAM that they are losing money ??? i wasnt aware of this ...................

The UFC will already be interested in Aoki , it doesnt matter how he does in SF he is a world class mixed martial artist , the UFC will want him on board no doubt but they can certainly live without him !!!
Probably true

I definitly meant this hypothetically, but they are not the most solid-footed organization in the world. I still would not want them to go just so Aoki could fight in the UFC

That is why I am getting the word out!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum