Old 05-21-2011, 05:35 AM   #46
HitmanHatton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: West Yorkshiremen: Degale/Groves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blackout View Post
Stinkies is down near the bbc yorkshire studios/bus station, quite far away from the other bars/clubs in town. Used to have a reputation for drugs. I've not been in for years so not sure what it's like now.

One of my mates once got chucked out by the bouncers. Reason "one of the bar staff has pointed you out as being the main culprit in a fight earlier in the evening" . We'd been sat at the same table all night.
Yeah the kinda people I know who go there take every recreational drug known to man and the pretty boy types.
HitmanHatton is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #47
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan_Guzman View Post
I think thats a dubstep club? Kinda small place if I am thinking of the right place its a bit far out from the city centre about 5 mins walk. With dubstep you know everyone theres on mcat or something if you been to a dubstep club you would know what I'm on about.

Anyone been to Halo?
Yeah stinkies do kinda alternative music like that, i aint been but a bunch of my mates go fairly often said its the *******s. Mint is the place for the druggies tho or when hospitality is on at the 02, i was there the other day and literally by 11.30 everyone was off their faces, shirtless and drinking water like it was going out of fashion.

There are loads of girls in my flat and they love halo so we used to go there all the time. Full of birds but i think they have one CD so every night you hear the same stuff, except at the back where its a bit hit and miss. ****ing cheap on a monday tho, 1 pound in and a quid for most drinks. Worth going to once but its got a proper studenty crowd except on saturday which can be ****ing annoying.

That stuff about Call Lane is bang on, the music and the atmosphere is better there than anywhere ive been on a regular basis. My cousin lives in them flats above pure gym/zizzis so they know all the staff and owners which is quality.

Good news about shooters ill try get down pretty early otherwise it usually gets packed, maybe go revs/o2 after they do a decent night on saturday.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #48
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I like Revs.

The top one is quality but they let too many people in, unless your on the dancefloor it's a crush, especially at the bar
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #49
HitmanHatton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Looks like there is a big West Yorkshire crew on this forum, can't be bad.

It's mad the size of the forum and how many from West Yorkshire post on here.
HitmanHatton is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #50
daveyboy1609
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 206

Big fan of the Wire in Leeds- gets proper packed though. Not a big fan of Mezz- plenty of shhhhlagggs though. O2 is decent and Call Lane is quality (though pricey). Haven't been to fire- what sort of music they do Beeston?
daveyboy1609 is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #51
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wires a good shout, is Fire a gay club its right in the middle of that little steamer district (queens courtyard, fibre etc.)
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #52
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Does anyone know any bars in York that normally show Sky Box Office Boxing?
gasman is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #53
daveyboy1609
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
Wires a good shout, is Fire a gay club its right in the middle of that little steamer district (queens courtyard, fibre etc.)
I thought it was but thought Beeston said he went to it...
Old 05-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #54
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

No mate.

It's down at the bottom of Call Lane though.

Me and a few mates were supposed to meet a few birds at a Courtyard party, pulled up in the taxi, got out... had a quick look and decided not to bother. Place was full of mincers.

Loads of them used to go in Mission but the last couple of times I've been in there's not been any in there, well no obvious ones anyway.

I think with most of the pubs now opening until later they stick to going in there, or Fibre and QC.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #55
daveyboy1609
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
No mate.

It's down at the bottom of Call Lane though.

Me and a few mates were supposed to meet a few birds at a Courtyard party, pulled up in the taxi, got out... had a quick look and decided not to bother. Place was full of mincers.

Loads of them used to go in Mission but the last couple of times I've been in there's not been any in there, well no obvious ones anyway.

I think with most of the pubs now opening until later they stick to going in there, or Fibre and QC.
Ah fair- yeah think they have their own night at Mission, subtley called "****".

Mission is decent, Space is alright- **** loads of fights kick off in there though.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #56
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Yeah, they may as well call it ''Pillowbiters R Us''

What night do you go to Mission? The one they have most Fridays is pretty good, a fiver in and two quid a drink..... I reckon Insomniac is a bit overrated though, when I went Living Joy were playing, it was a decent night but not worth a tenner in and a fiver a drink.

Like I said I'm barred from Space, but I can't be ****d with fighting and all that ****. I'll jump in if a mate gets started on or something, but more often than not I'll just tell them that it's not a good idea and is it really worth getting arrested just to punch me

That new Witherspoons next to top Yates's is alright I think, there's always some sport on through the day and a few nice birds on a night.... never any knobs in there either.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #57
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 350

Quote:

What night do you go to Mission? The one they have most Fridays is pretty good, a fiver in and two quid a drink..... I reckon Insomniac is a bit overrated though, when I went Living Joy were playing, it was a decent night but not worth a tenner in and a fiver a drink.

Like I said I'm barred from Space, but I can't be ****d with fighting and all that ****. I'll jump in if a mate gets started on or something, but more often than not I'll just tell them that it's not a good idea and is it really worth getting arrested just to punch me

That new Witherspoons next to top Yates's is alright I think, there's always some sport on through the day and a few nice birds on a night.... never any knobs in there either.
What's the top Yates' like these days Beeston? I heard they were trialling some new door policy where the bouncers were getting camera's attached to the side of their head, so they could film everything that was going on? Sounded like they were on a last warning.

I think Shooters will be very busy later on. Saturday night and the sports area is only on the top floor now. Back in the sports bar days, you had 3 massive floors to choose from. Shame it all changed.
The Blackout is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #58
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

It's usually alright apart from Saturdays, because it doesn't get rammed. There's still enough people in there though.

Some Saturdays are alright too, if half of Beeston and Morley are in there, because I know pretty much everyone and if it does go off you've got safety in numbers

The bouncers are ****ing useless, we got turned away once for wearing trainers, but they let a group of lads in who were mouthing off in the Q and were obviously after a tear up.

I think the best bouncers are those at the Witherspoons next door, especially the Indian fella with one eye. They're more bothered about what state you're in rather than your footwear.

I agree with you about Sports Bar, we used to go in regularly on Saturday afternoons.... I'd have thought they'd been making megamoney.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #59
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

there just no point it just ends the night

Mission is good on a thursday but ****ing packed. Space is good i went there yesterday and surprise surprise a few fights, two girls started swinging over nothing next to me and i managed to get their drinks and mine all over me. one of my mates was a doorman there so if we go with him we get good treatment.

The hedly verity i think its called (the 'spoons next to yates) is nice all the ****s get drawn into Yates. I ****ing hate that yates there are so many fights there one time this **** sparked some bird this other girl shouted at him so he sparked her, then the first girls boyfriend ran at him and they started fighting on the dancefloor, however you cant go wrong with 1 pints.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #60
daveyboy1609
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Usually a Friday or Thursday to mission, both decent nights. Mez is **** on a Saturday- some guy tried to start something the other week by waving a lighter in my face and then booting me as I walked away.

Most places in leeds are decent though.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum