boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #31
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337
Default Re: Pick a quality you think is underrated or overlooked in an ATG or personal favori

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycooper-RIP View Post
u must like theose chikcens
NAZI
Chicken.

btw. why are you subscribing your post with "nazi"?
bodhi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #32
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202
Default Re: Pick a quality you think is underrated or overlooked in an ATG or personal favori

Quote:
The German always has 2 get technical .
not being racist . Hitler was 1 gr8 technician . gr8 representation of
1 country

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2011, 02:47 AM   #33
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Judgement and control of distance.

...Who?
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2011, 03:30 AM   #34
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit
vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanSoldier View Post
Frazier - Chin, Yes he got blown away by Big George but, people tend to forget he's arguably the hardest puncher of all time? Anyway besides that it was more of a styles job than a bad chin. Seeing Frazier was bobbing right into Georges looping fists.

Besides myself,I don't see many people discrediting Frazier's chin.I mean,other fighters get knocked down or out by big punchers,and that doesn't save them face - yet with Frazier,he's managed to get away with it.And this is despite the fact that George Foreman was the only puncher he ever fought in his life.

Getting knocked down that many times in such a short time of space is not just a matter of one style being too difficult to overcome.
Goyourownway is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #35
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyourownway View Post
Besides myself,I don't see many people discrediting Frazier's chin.I mean,other fighters get knocked down or out by big punchers,and that doesn't save them face - yet with Frazier,he's managed to get away with it.And this is despite the fact that George Foreman was the only puncher he ever fought in his life.

Getting knocked down that many times in such a short time of space is not just a matter of one style being too difficult to overcome.
Has anyone ever taken that many consecutive punches from a post-prison Ali and stood on their feet? Ali's not-often-praised punching power, while not ATG power, is enough to lend itself as credit to Frazier's chin.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #36
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Has anyone ever taken that many consecutive punches from a post-prison Ali and stood on their feet? Ali's not-often-praised punching power, while not ATG power, is enough to lend itself as credit to Frazier's chin.

Possibly Joe Bugner - Besides a decent jab in their first fight,he largely served as Ali's own personal heavy bag in twenty seven rounds between the two.

Being as limited and one-dimensional as he was,Frazier wasn't difficult to hit - but he was pretty decent at taking away the full impact of a blow.Caught clean enough to make a mark,but,usually,not consistently clean enough to the point where he was in danger of a knockout.And as innacurate as Foreman could appear,he had just enough power to make whatever contact his fist made with Frazier's noggin count.

In making a case for him having a good chin,I can point to Wladimir's last fight against the heavy handed Samuel Peter and bring up the fact that he was caught quite a few times on the chin and took the shots well.But,in truth,the only consistent theme regarding Wladimir's chin,is that it's not a particularly strong one.Same thing with Frazier.I simply cannot ignore the fact that,against the one and only puncher he didn't manage to avoid,he was embarrassingly dropped half a dozen times in two rounds.
Goyourownway is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #37
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

John L Sullivan-Ring IQ

Jim Jeffries-defence and reflexes

Jack Johnson-power and finishing ability

Jack Dempsey-Ring IQ

Gene Tunney-offense

Max Schmeling-left side of the body

Jack Sharkey-everything

Primo Carnera-technical ability

Max Baer-counterpunching

Joe Louis-durability

Joe Walcott-durability

Rocky Marciano-feinting

Muhamad Ali-finishing ability

Evander Holyfield-power and finishing ability

Lennox Lewis-offense and durability
janitor is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #38
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Francois Botha - Mustache
Axel Schulz - Acne
Marvin Hart - Malodorous Breath
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #39
MarxP

Joe Frazier's right hand, he used it to dig to the body and set up his left hook very well.
MarxP is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #40
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarxP View Post
Joe Frazier's right hand, he used it to dig to the body and set up his left hook very well.
Somtimes the biggest con a fighter ever achieves, is convincing the world that they are a one armed fighter.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #41
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
J
Jack Sharkey-everything
Does this include consistency and mental fortitude? Though, I am a fan of Sharkey. He was big, strong (tho maybe not overly powerful puncher) and crafty... when he was on.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 05:39 AM   #42
zadfrak
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Monzon and what Frazier Scott said about him. How he was a guy that forced you to throw punches against him you knew you should not be throwing. Another guy i thought that always did that to opponents was Ricardo Lopez. A rare skill to have and tough to have the tools to pull off.
zadfrak is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #43
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

DLH had an underrated right hand also. His right hand leads broke down Campas real good, and it landed with a thud in combination. This was Mayweather Sr.'s doing.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #44
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
The German always has 2 get technical .
not being racist . Hitler was 1 gr8 technician . gr8 representation of
1 country

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hmm Tupac did compare Biggie to Tupac, now I see why, Biggie completely bit his style
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #45
MrSmall
Journeyman

Mike Tyson - boxing fundamentals
MrSmall is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum