Old 05-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #16
SupraTT24
Heart Of A Champion
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What's your story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbg View Post
i definately wont be one. i would have thought everyone here would love to be fighting for a title
Well in a couple years you can watch me on espn then haha. N hopefully a few after that you can buy my paperview!
SupraTT24 is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #17
Twelve
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I fell in love with the sport while researching on Sugar Ray Robinson (thanks Ray..) After that I've been all about it, watching and studying fighters, reading everything about boxers and techniques, buying boxing memorabilia, all that junk. It's an obsession.

With there being no gyms in the area I live in, it took me 6 months to find one in the St. Louis area. It's a lonely hour-and-a-half train ride, but it's all part of the game. I currently train 3 times a week since my job and school impede, but I'm gonna move it to 5 once summer starts. Training for a year, minus the winter, and am looking to be fighting in the ams as soon as I can. Be on the lookout for me.
Twelve is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 05:18 AM   #18
Canello
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTT24 View Post
23, been boxing for 6 years 141lbs. Ran Cross country n track for 5 years before that. Played hockey. When i was finishing up with sports at school i figured boxing is almost the only thing i could still do, plus its year round. I tried to sign up in 3rd grade but the momz wouldnt let me, even though my dad and all of my uncles boxed. I had my first 3 fights one month after i walked into the gym, and grew from there. This august will be my second time in KC at the World Championships. I hope to place, and then place again at the GG upper midwest tourny next spring and go pro at 24.. Then hopefully close to 30 i can be in a position to fight for a title. Thats my honest dream.. I realize i'll have haters, but i still like the thought of hearing thousands chant my name. Cant get better than that right?
Goodluck you've got to have dreams
Canello is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 05:59 AM   #19
bam-bam
Journeyman

20, kickboxed for a year, preferred throwing my hands. So got myself down to the boxing gym instead. was 5 pound a go for kickboxing and its 6 pound a week for boxing, so my bank balance is thanking me too Absolutely loving it, Im currently going through the "proving myself" stage where i prove Im going to box for the club as opposed to train for a bit and tell everybody in my local that "I'm a boxer" so its slow at the minute, but Im sure it will be worth it.

it may take longer than usual in the proving myself stage, as its been 4 weeks since I've been due to 3 broken fingers, itching to get back.
bam-bam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing