Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-23-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 88
Cool Klitschko Vs. Haye: A credible Analysis

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to boxing forums, and generally found some hideous articles written online. So I figured I'd write one myself!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Whether you agree or not, I hope you all enjoy reading it!
Dee is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
Hitman-Fan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1615
Default Re: Klitschko Vs. Haye: A credible Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to boxing forums, and generally found some hideous articles written online. So I figured I'd write one myself!

Welcome to eastsideboxing.com

I'm sure your analysis is credible, but prepare yourself for alot of "Noob" comments and plenty of abuse because you're new!
Hitman-Fan is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 04:12 AM   #3
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Hey Everyone,

**** off noob. I read it later.
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

i red it. it's quite okay, but i have a question, why all of you haye fans forget that wladimir is probably the biggest puncher ever and incredible fast for his size. haye has a fragile chin, but i'm sure that wlad's chin is better. the only way to tko wlad is to land several combinations, and not one time, but a couple of times.
imo
haye:
great power
incredible fast
fast but bad footwork
bad balance
bad defense
good reflexes
very bad stamina
and mediocore ring iq
mediocore trainer

wlad
best possible power
very fast
great and fast footwork
great at cutting off the ring
best jab in business
great defense
very good stamina
very high ring iq
and one of the best trainers

haye won't slip wlad's jab, and from the first flush punch haye will be badly wobbled and wlad will go this time for the kill. i can't see this fight going longer then 5th rounds.

wlad clean ko
Mordechai is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 06:31 AM   #5
kelics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

shit article from hayes fan
kelics is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

Steward is absolut right about Wlad´s speed. I write this for a long time, Wlad´s speed is underrated, from the frontpage:
Quote:
STEWARD: Well I think the closer we get to reality, I mean the fight actually taking place, you’re going to see him become even quieter. I think the reality is setting in. It’s different when you’re speaking about an opponent when you’re by yourself and you’re arrogant and you’re confident. When Haye starts dealing with him up close face-to-face and he can feel the mental strength of Wladimir and the physical size of Wladimir I think the reality is setting in that in every area he is deficient. Wladimir is bigger. He’s faster, which is the big surprise. Wladimir is much faster. We had “Fast” Eddie Chambers who I think is the best heavyweight coming up after Wladimir retires which will probably be in the next year or so. Eddie Chambers basically said that Wladimir beat him not so much just from the size but that he was actually too fast. I think the experience factor, possibly the hometown situation being it’s going to be in Germany where Wladimir’s fought most of his fights. There are too many things going against David. I cannot see him win in any way. They’re looking at just punching power and speed. You can forgot the speed because Wladimir is faster as we will find out and Wladimir has naturally great punching power. But the one thing that Wladimir has not demonstrated in a lot of his fights has been the nasty side of him and you will see that with David Haye. This was the only fight that I know he was going in with that type of attitude since he fought Chris Byrd in the rematch fight because he was very upset with Chris Byrd’s camp and family comments about him not having any heart and not having any stamina. In this fight here he is very agitated and I think I everybody will see a much more aggressive meaner Wladimir Klitschko and it’s very difficult for me to see David Haye going more than four rounds.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #7
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Enjoy the undeserved publicity. Sorry to those who wasted their time reading it.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #8
Rudolph
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I stopped at "I can more than understand people’s issues with the Harrison fight, but did anybody object prior to fight night?"

EVERYONE objected FFS, meaning EVERYONE. The outrage was such that David Haye and Adam Booth actually had to tell the press that the very idea of this fight happening is laughable.

Credible analysis you say?
Rudolph is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #9
SILENCER
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

the comment that got me was from the haye v wlad press conference in britain haye said: "you cant control me"

it was like a grumpy teenager rebelling against his parent
SILENCER is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #10
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Sounds like a 15 year old wrote that article. How old is the author?
madballster is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
withoutwire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 568

Please stick to licking windows and leave the journalism to the pro's. You don't know shit about boxing.
withoutwire is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #12
rorik_bender
Bellhop.
ESB Full Member

Read this:
JENNA: Alright Emanuel, well I just have a couple of more questions before I let you off the line. Recently a program came out involving Wladimir Klitschko and David Haye. It was called “Ringside” and it just seemed visibly that David Haye has been gotten to mentally by Wladimir Klitschko. I’m curious what your perception of that is? I mean David Haye has been quite quiet during the presser tour for this entire fight.

STEWARD: Well I think the closer we get to reality, I mean the fight actually taking place, you’re going to see him become even quieter. I think the reality is setting in. It’s different when you’re speaking about an opponent when you’re by yourself and you’re arrogant and you’re confident. When Haye starts dealing with him up close face-to-face and he can feel the mental strength of Wladimir and the physical size of Wladimir I think the reality is setting in that in every area he is deficient. Wladimir is bigger. He’s faster, which is the big surprise. Wladimir is much faster. We had “Fast” Eddie Chambers who I think is the best heavyweight coming up after Wladimir retires which will probably be in the next year or so. Eddie Chambers basically said that Wladimir beat him not so much just from the size but that he was actually too fast. I think the experience factor, possibly the hometown situation being it’s going to be in Germany where Wladimir’s fought most of his fights. There are too many things going against David. I cannot see him win in any way. They’re looking at just punching power and speed. You can forgot the speed because Wladimir is faster as we will find out and Wladimir has naturally great punching power. But the one thing that Wladimir has not demonstrated in a lot of his fights has been the nasty side of him and you will see that with David Haye. This was the only fight that I know he was going in with that type of attitude since he fought Chris Byrd in the rematch fight because he was very upset with Chris Byrd’s camp and family comments about him not having any heart and not having any stamina. In this fight here he is very agitated and I think I everybody will see a much more aggressive meaner Wladimir Klitschko and it’s very difficult for me to see David Haye going more than four rounds.
rorik_bender is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #13
withoutwire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 568

An ageing Monte Barrett, an aging John Ruiz (though mandatory), Nikolai Valuev, and Audley Harrison. Whilst none of these names rank highly on any all-time pound-for-pound list, they are no better or worse than the fighters Wladimir Klitschko has recently faced – Take Eddie Chambers or Samuel Peter for instance.

withoutwire is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
evil G
ğ
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 585

Nice article noob.
evil G is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #15
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordechai View Post
i red it. it's quite okay, but i have a question, why all of you haye fans forget that wladimir is probably the biggest puncher ever and incredible fast for his size. haye has a fragile chin, but i'm sure that wlad's chin is better. the only way to tko wlad is to land several combinations, and not one time, but a couple of times.
imo
haye:
great power
incredible fast
fast but bad footwork
bad balance
bad defense
good reflexes
very bad stamina
and mediocore ring iq
mediocore trainer

wlad
best possible power
very fast
great and fast footwork
great at cutting off the ring
best jab in business
great defense
very good stamina
very high ring iq
and one of the best trainers
I disagree with the bolded points.
Haye's Ring IQ is okay, not brilliant, but decent. He makes adjustments, and has been shown to use different game plans.

Wald's footwork is not great. It's adequate. He can't use angles, and he only moves forward and back. His feet are not that fast either, but he's so big, that a slight step back puts him way out of range. Moreover, Wlad has a tough time punching and moving. He really needs to set himself to throw a punch.

Wlad is not very good at cutting off the ring. This plays into the previous point, of how he only fights in straight lines. The few opponets that did use movement, were ablte to saty away from him, but he's so big that while they can stay way, they can't get into attacking range.

Wlad's stamina is okay. Really what he is better at is pacing. Again due to his size, he can control the pace due to clinches and staying far away.

Wlad has a very low ring IQ. He only fights one way, he does not make any adjustments, he does not vary his punch angles. He does not realize when an opponent is finished. He has one plan, and his all purpose contingency plan is to hold. It works, but a great tactician, he is not.

Other then that, you are probably right. Wlad will most likely KO Haye, due to Haye being kind of chinn with bad stamina, and Wlad being helluva big puncher.
Jennifer Love Hewitt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum