Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #16
vnyc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko Vs. Haye: A credible Analysis

wow indian boxing fan .Anyway, how old are you?
vnyc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #17
gdm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

shitty article
gdm is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #18
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutwire View Post
An ageing Monte Barrett, an aging John Ruiz (though mandatory), Nikolai Valuev, and Audley Harrison. Whilst none of these names rank highly on any all-time pound-for-pound list, they are no better or worse than the fighters Wladimir Klitschko has recently faced – Take Eddie Chambers or Samuel Peter for instance.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I know, as if Eddie Chambers, Calvin Brock, Sultan Ibragimov, Tony Thompson, Samuel Peter & Ruslan Chagaev aren't better than old Barrett, old Ruiz, slow Valuev & Fraudley who?

Unbiased my ass.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #19
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 940

Well written article young lady.

But remember your reading through rose colored glasses so your pen is writing in pink.

Wlad has NEVER has a chin problem. He is just long, and open to be hit from the inside. When he is hit inside, he has to tie up to avoid an interior onslaught which leaves his defenses open for a fighter to step out and put him in range for the bombs.

Over the last several years his strategy has worked without flaw. Haye could potentially get around that, but so could Ibragimov CHagaev Chambers Peter Rahman etc. None did, and her we are.

My take on the fight has more to do with Haye's willingness to take a punch repeatedly.

Wlad best weapon is not his jab, but his hook off the jab. If Haye could take that solid shot repeatedly, he could potential work inside without being tied up, and thus open up Wlads D, [utting him at the end of Hayes power, and stop him.

Thats the only way though, and I can't see Haye walking through Wlads hooks and into the inside. No, instead I see him trying to potshot from the outside, one or two at a time and trying to drag Wald into the later rounds.

It aint gonna work, because Wlad typically is at his strongest around the 5th and 6th, when he has his range and starts firing straights.

My offical prediction for this fight is Wlad by KO around 7, that is if Haye actually employs his only winning strategy and fights from the outside.
If he goes right at Wlad, he'll be KOd inside 3.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #20
rorik_bender
Bellhop.
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Well written article young lady.

But remember your reading through rose colored glasses so your pen is writing in pink.

Wlad has NEVER has a chin problem. He is just long, and open to be hit from the inside. When he is hit inside, he has to tie up to avoid an interior onslaught which leaves his defenses open for a fighter to step out and put him in range for the bombs.

Over the last several years his strategy has worked without flaw. Haye could potentially get around that, but so could Ibragimov CHagaev Chambers Peter Rahman etc. None did, and her we are.

My take on the fight has more to do with Haye's willingness to take a punch repeatedly.

Wlad best weapon is not his jab, but his hook off the jab. If Haye could take that solid shot repeatedly, he could potential work inside without being tied up, and thus open up Wlads D, [utting him at the end of Hayes power, and stop him.

Thats the only way though, and I can't see Haye walking through Wlads hooks and into the inside. No, instead I see him trying to potshot from the outside, one or two at a time and trying to drag Wald into the later rounds.

It aint gonna work, because Wlad typically is at his strongest around the 5th and 6th, when he has his range and starts firing straights.

My offical prediction for this fight is Wlad by KO around 7, that is if Haye actually employs his only winning strategy and fights from the outside.
If he goes right at Wlad, he'll be KOd inside 3.
That what's called: Klitschko Vs. Haye: A credible Analysis
rorik_bender is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #21
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Love Hewitt View Post
I disagree with the bolded points.
Haye's Ring IQ is okay, not brilliant, but decent. He makes adjustments, and has been shown to use different game plans.

Wald's footwork is not great. It's adequate. He can't use angles, and he only moves forward and back. His feet are not that fast either, but he's so big, that a slight step back puts him way out of range. Moreover, Wlad has a tough time punching and moving. He really needs to set himself to throw a punch.

Wlad is not very good at cutting off the ring. This plays into the previous point, of how he only fights in straight lines. The few opponets that did use movement, were ablte to saty away from him, but he's so big that while they can stay way, they can't get into attacking range.

Wlad's stamina is okay. Really what he is better at is pacing. Again due to his size, he can control the pace due to clinches and staying far away.

Wlad has a very low ring IQ. He only fights one way, he does not make any adjustments, he does not vary his punch angles. He does not realize when an opponent is finished. He has one plan, and his all purpose contingency plan is to hold. It works, but a great tactician, he is not.

Other then that, you are probably right. Wlad will most likely KO Haye, due to Haye being kind of chinn with bad stamina, and Wlad being helluva big puncher.
thanks for the reply.
haye of course has good ring iq, he wouldn't be cruiserweight champ and titleholder at heavy without ring iq, but it's not special.
wlad' footwork is imo great because he is so tall and just needs a couple of steps to cut off the ring and to put pressure on his opponent.
yeah he learned to pace himself, and he normaly force everyone to fight his fight and then his stamina is very good.
i think that he has very good ring iq, you can't compare it to his brother, who practically fights alone, without the corner, but wlad is fighting after the gameplan, and he normaly has a couple of gameplans. so if something happes what is kind of surprising he can change his gameplan, but we hadn't the opportunity to witness it because his gameplan A was always enough
Mordechai is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #22
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

a credible analysis..then wrtieing something like chagaev,iggy chambers and peter are no better than barrett ruiz and harrison.what are you on man..they are nower near as good..why do haye fan boys write silly things just because there man aint the favourite??just go with the flow hes the underdog and rightfully so dosnt mean he aint gona win..i knew haye was a pre madonna i didnt know his fans wer tho
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #23
speck
Milky Way Resident
ESB Senior Member

It took Haye 9 rounds and 3 KDs to dispatch old Ruiz but he's going to KO Wlad inside 6?

It's not an analysis, it's a classical wishful thinking.
speck is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #24
El Cepillo
Baddest Man on the Planet
East Side Guru

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordechai View Post
i red it. it's quite okay, but i have a question, why all of you haye fans forget that wladimir is probably the biggest puncher ever and incredible fast for his size. haye has a fragile chin, but i'm sure that wlad's chin is better. the only way to tko wlad is to land several combinations, and not one time, but a couple of times.
imo
haye:
great power
incredible fast
fast but bad footwork
bad balance
bad defense
good reflexes
very bad stamina
and mediocore ring iq
mediocore trainer

wlad
best possible power
very fast
great and fast footwork
great at cutting off the ring
best jab in business
great defense
very good stamina
very high ring iq
and one of the best trainers

haye won't slip wlad's jab, and from the first flush punch haye will be badly wobbled and wlad will go this time for the kill. i can't see this fight going longer then 5th rounds.

wlad clean ko
Wladimir isn't even the biggest puncher in his family. Let alone ever.
El Cepillo is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #25
Peter Brit
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I disagree on Haye having a bad defence because he is very rarely caught flush. Also he struggles against smaller compact fighters not the tall rangey type. An all guns blazing Holyfield none stop punching presure fighter is Haye's nightmare not Wladimir.

His poor trainer has just got Groves past Degale so he is not that poor.

Ring IQ is Haye's game not Wladimir. Wladimir is great at following orders. When you are following Emanuel Steward that is a big plus. I see it as a creative fighter in Haye against Steward in a game chess. If Haye had Roach I would favour Haye. He does not though.

Wladimir does has flaws, great footwork is wrong, average.
Cutting the ring off I think he is decent not great.
He does go back in straight lines. HIs oppentents have not had good footwork.
His stamina is good when he fights his fight same as Haye, neither is great if enough presure is applied.

Key point is Emmanuel Stewards brain against Hayes.

Physical atributes and heart I would favour Haye.

Size, experience, trainer are Wladimirs. His flaws have been worked on more by Emmanuel so again I think Wladimir has the advantage.

Haye was suppose to have stamina issues and not be able to stick to a game plan. He did against Valuev and surprised people. His stamina was suppose to be to poor to last against Ruiz, yet it was. Every time he has flaw which should cost him a fight, the flaw vanishes.

The question is; is it to big a step this time.

Haye over trained against Audley but was so quick in the fight Audley seemed to move in slow motion when he did do something.

Now if you look at Audley's fights he has never had trouble landing against any heavyweight. He was always the quickest guy but hated getting hit. A counter punch basically who is scared to fight against people who can hurt him. I have not seen many of his USA fights anybody got footage just the UK stuff so I am open to correction.

If Wladmir is not a hell of lot quicker than Audley he will need a luck punch. Eddie Chambers and Chageav or Sultan are no where near as quick as Haye across the ring. Standing in front of Wladimir with high european guard is the worse tactic you can go for, as even in Wladmir's amateur days, that was his standard oppentent.
Peter Brit is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #26
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Not counting Haye’s loss to Carl Thompson, he has an unblemished record in the Cruiserweight Division, and is (thus far) undefeated as a Heavyweight

yea and wlad would be undefeated if you took out purrity sanders and brewster and all other guys would be undefeated if you cast aside or chose to forget their losses
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #27
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brit View Post
I disagree on Haye having a bad defence because he is very rarely caught flush.
Rarely because he prefers near 40 year old have-beens with diminished hand-speed and reflexes.

Anybody can look like he slips punches if he boxes 70 year old grandpas
madballster is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #28
Bubby
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdm View Post
shitty article
Bubby is offline  Top