Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
maddog12

vCash:
Post affecting boxing

I have just started boxing after many years of soccer, and in sparring i always get tired if we go at a fair pace. (thought my conditioning would be good after all the years with soccer)

My questions is: Does it affect your boxing training (in the evening) negative, at any level, if you run in the morning? Would i get tired faster?

Ps: can you box in the amateurs with only one kidney? (Thought i might aswell add the question here instead of making a new thread)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
RightHooker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: affecting boxing

The only way running in the morning would make you more tired during boxing during the evening is if you ran too hard and wore yourself out or if you didn't eat properly during the day and had no energy (or a combination).

If you've just started boxing, it may be too hard on your body to do all the running and all they boxing as well, so you will need some time to get used to it.

Not sure about the kidney thing.
RightHooker is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

I don't think running would affect your performance for something that's in the evening. I'm sure soccer has gotten you in shape, but you need a different type of conditioning in the ring. Just spar more and you'll get used to it
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightHooker View Post
The only way running in the morning would make you more tired during boxing during the evening is if you ran too hard and wore yourself out or if you didn't eat properly during the day and had no energy (or a combination).
This.

Quote:
I don't think running would affect your performance for something that's in the evening. I'm sure soccer has gotten you in shape, but you need a different type of conditioning in the ring. Just spar more and you'll get used to it.
And this.

Doing hard sprints the morning before boxing would be kind of a bad idea. A light run wouldn't be bad once you're used to it, though.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Scott-Robson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 15444

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
This.

And this.

Doing hard sprints the morning before boxing would be kind of a bad idea. A light run wouldn't be bad once you're used to it, though.
Scott-Robson is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog12 View Post
I have just started boxing after many years of soccer, and in sparring i always get tired if we go at a fair pace. (thought my conditioning would be good after all the years with soccer)

My questions is: Does it affect your boxing training (in the evening) negative, at any level, if you run in the morning? Would i get tired faster?

Ps: can you box in the amateurs with only one kidney? (Thought i might aswell add the question here instead of making a new thread)
There is your answer right there.

Right now? You are probably "fighting", not Boxing, the whole round. Experience will allow you to better gauge the ebb and flow of a session and when to step on the gas and/or let off. Also, your body is probably still in the phase where it is adrenaline dumping, again, wasting you.

I gave up running and exercise at one point because I felt I was "losing" in sparring because of it. The problem really was me being green and not understanding the point of sparring. I became a better Boxer, but regressed in fitness. I have NEVER regretted any Boxing related decision more.

Keep your running/exercise going. The lessons of Boxing will soak in over time. Hell I would even suggest sparring LESS, being very contemplative over the sessions, and exercising more. Unless you are doing this competitively/professionally there is little point in sacrificing your overall fitness for short term goals like not getting tired in a sparring session.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 AM   #7
maddog12

vCash:

Thanks for the answers everybody!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing