Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
Durruti92

vCash:
Default Need a training and nutrition plan by monday

Hey guys, so i will give you a brief history...

Up until iu was about 14 i played football, did triathlon training, did cross country running and was starting to do some bagwork looking into boxing, at 14 i was gettin shit at school and fighting and basically became a pot head and was expelled, since then i went from 8 stone to 14 stone and smoked and ate takeaway everyday.

in the last 8 months i started working out and eating healthily, and have got down to 10 stone, with weight fluctuating between 10 stone and just below 11 stone.

i do all my running on a treadmill, a racing bike with cycling shoes and have just ordered some rival rb1 punch bags to use the gyms 1 punch bag(lloyds gym)

i want to start training as a boxer as ive always had an interest, ive lkost some motivation and am sick of just working out and want to try my hand at boxing, both my grandfathers were boxers and i always watch whatever boxing i can, but i know nothing about it as to training and the like.

I was eating vegetarian during the weight loss, but ive been told to do boxing training id have to eat meat, which im fine with, the dramatic weight loss has left me with huge strech marks, i was also wondering if any guys had any knowlege of how to treat or remedy this to some degree.

so yeah im stagnating inthe last two weeks as ive lost my training partner, so im on my own and want a training schedule for a quite unfit but not couch potatoguy to get me fit enough to join a boxing gym within 6 months and start boxing.

cheers, i bet you get sick of people like me asking random questions lol
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
SupraTT24
Heart Of A Champion
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Need a training and nutrition plan by monday

Here is my running program..
Monday, 3-4 miles. Tuesday Sprints. Weds, 2 minutes hard, 1 easy, 1 hard, 30 seconds easy, 30 hard, 30 easy. Do as many sets of that as ya can. Thursday Hills, Friday 3-4 miles, saturday 6 -8 miles. The program changes over time and eventually includes 800 rpts, mile repeats ect. Its basically my cross country program from high school. I never run on treadmills cuz theres no resistance and its boring as hell.

Shadow boxing 2-3 rounds. Heavy bag 3 rounds, Jump Rope 3 rounds, but i alternate between rounds. I try to throw 150 + punches on the bag each round. Double end bag 2 rounds, speed bag 1 round ( i feel its overrated) Mitts for 5 to 10 minutes straight.
This i do every weekday usually in the am AND pm.

Every other day i switch between abs and plyos.
ABS: 25 v ups, 25 forward bicycles, 25 backward bicycles, 20 leg raises, then crunch situp intervals. 20 crunch, 20 situps, 20 crunch 20 situps. I go through this circuit twice with about 10 to 15 seconds rest between exercise. I also have some medicine ball workouts

PLYO's
15 squat jumps, 15 lunge hops, 15 ski jumps, 30 MTN climbers, 15 up downs with pushup at bottom n jump at the top, 15 bounds. This is also 2 sets with little to no rest.

Spar, twice a week, so find a new partner that knows how to help you. cant box on ur own. The numbers on the exercises are not important, just do what u can for each set and work your way up.

As for diet, whoever told you u had to eat meat, look at Tim Bradley, he's a veagan... stick with what works for you. As for stretch marks, find a mom without any and ask her.. lol hope i helped
SupraTT24 is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 06:04 AM   #3
grinty24

vCash: 500

There's no time like the present, just get to a boxing gym and start your journey now. If you feel intimidated going to a boxing gym on your own try and get another friend to go with you.

Join a boxing gym, stay dedicated, put the work in and I wouldn't be suprised if you meet your short term fitness goals in half the time of your 6 month timescale.

If you want a training routine check out the "complete beginners guide to a boxing routine" sticky. Helped me for my home-training when I'm not at the gym.

Good luck mate
grinty24 is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Durruti92

vCash:

cheers fellas, good advice, one problem ive got is im contracted 2 lloyds gym for this year so im stuck with one heavy bag, so no speedbag etc.

just ordered some boxing gloves and am gonna start the training type stuff you suggested tommorow.

mother****ers im gonna be the best thing to happen to boxin since the pazmanian devil
Old 05-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
tofu2009
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Yeh not sure who told you meat is essential for boxing, not true at all.

Do you want to fight?
tofu2009 is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2011, 05:32 AM   #6
Durruti92

vCash:

yes, Definately.

I was also wondering guys, do you go to boxing gyms where you can turn up and use the bags, speedbags and spar whenever or is it all in classes, because the ones i can find round here are all group things.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 AM   #7
MrSmall
Journeyman

Most boxing gyms are in classes, some are not, usually they don't throw in the deep end with sparring right off the bat, if they do, change gym, you don't want that sort of stress on your mind when you want to go and get fit.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #8
SupraTT24
Heart Of A Champion
ESB Full Member

My gym is not in classes. It opens at 5 n closes at 8 everyday n ne and everything is up for grabs at anytime
SupraTT24 is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
Dish
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

a forum full of strangers is the best place to seek life changing advice.
Dish is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing