Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #31
evil G
ğ
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 620
vCash: 585
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

"Was racial tention the cause of the bad performance that on the mind of James Degale?"

I don't think the question is directly racist, but it is definitely 'playing the race card'. As if you could seriously entertain the idea that the 20,000(?) people in attendance decided to favour one fighter because skin colour. It's laughable.

Playing the race card is just emotional manipulation, as any opposition suggests that you must be racist. It's dangerous and only invites trouble.
evil G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #32
Scottrf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,762
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Is Rob Palmer a wanker without a clue what he's talking about?
Scottrf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #33
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 240
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Fearon is just a bellend who talks absolute bollocks. Every bit of his "inside info" always turns out to be 100% wrong.

He also has a disgraceful china chin.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #34
BrummyLad
Sergio Kun Aguero
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 75
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

I tell you guys summat, I'm absolutely staggered at robs posts. Utterly despicable attitude pal, I've been on this site for yours and never heard such viscous diatribe spouted to another vet member as beeston. Bang out of order with the chips comment!!!

Spencer posts controversial stuff just to get feedback and debates, whilst I don't believe Spencer is a racist I do believe he has this sort of chip on his shoulder. He seems to only celebrate black fighters on his page too. Always Naz Richardson this, b hop that. Never here of praise directed at Carl Frock for yet another quality fight or Pac wins without pouring scorn on them by immediately posting Floyd will beat him etc.
BrummyLad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #35
Brummy1976
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: birmingham
Posts: 894
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunk View Post
to call Spencer a racist just shows what a far clueless northen cunt you are.

what have you done in the last 5 years to promote equality and anti racism in your area. because spender could come on here and name 100 different things trust me.
Jesus dunk, you can't blame people.Its a piss poor excuse trying to use the race card.
Brummy1976 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #36
BrummyLad
Sergio Kun Aguero
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 75
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Oh and whoever said about the 'ugly ginger kid' comments by degale is spot on! Imagine if groves called degale an ugly black kid for instance. Ofcom and the papers would be nailing him and he would never live it down.
BrummyLad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #37
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
Posts: 15,044
vCash: 75
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
Fearon is just a bellend who talks absolute bollocks. Every bit of his "inside info" always turns out to be 100% wrong.

He also has a disgraceful china chin.
i shouldnt but
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #38
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 2522
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

"Was racial tension the cause of the bad performance that on the mind of James Degale?"

I hear bullshit questions like this almost weekly where I come from given the situation up here regarding certain football clubs and believe you me shite like this just add tension not help it.

If he wants to know what racial tension is like at a boxing match then I suggest he goes and watches Kaylor-Christie or Hagler-Minter.

It was a stupid ****ing question and one that I have usually heard coming from Gareth Crooks...now that is a man with a chip on his shoulder.

It has ****ing all with DeGale being part black or white or whatever, its because he is an uneducated, brain dead ****ing **** socket of sub humanity.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #39
TheDon
KO Artist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,717
vCash: 1291
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

I gave up on this thread after no-one replied for over 30 mins. Now I come back on the board and shits hit the fan, with Rob practically exploding with anger

TheDon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #40
Johnny Coyle
.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London
Posts: 619
vCash: 75
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Spencer is a sound bloke. His philosophys and knowledge make sense half the time, its only his mate Anthony Small who talks bollox
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #41
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Spencer seems a nice guy. But like all of us he has lived his life and been moulded by his experiences. I have debated racism with him on occasion, i feel he always sees racism as something that 'only' happens to black people. Or muslims. But that is because all his experiences of racism have happened because he is black or a muslim.

The question he asked on facebook, now he says it was raised by someone else, a sports star and he just aired it for debate. But his question does not ask if there was racial tension, it asks if that caused Degale to perform badly. The assumption within the question is that there was racial tension. I and no one else i know of thinks there was any. I think Spencer can be forgiven for something not coming across quite right on line. It happens.

I am sure he is not a racist. But his opinions and experiences of life are different from mine so we can see the same events from very different perspectives, his heart is in the right place. He does a lot of good. He is trying to make an impact on his local environment and in a positive way. Is he perfect ? No. But who is.
riggers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #42
Devaney
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunk View Post
spencer has admitted he was wrong to ask the question and apolagised. i dont really see why this needs to be brought up again

Why shouldnt it be brought up "Again" as you say, now i am no racist, but if the role were to be reversed and the same question were asked, i do not think you would be as quick to play it down.
Devaney is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #43
Devaney
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
Spencer seems a nice guy. But like all of us he has lived his life and been moulded by his experiences. I have debated racism with him on occasion, i feel he always sees racism as something that 'only' happens to black people. Or muslims. But that is because all his experiences of racism have happened because he is black or a muslim.

The question he asked on facebook, now he says it was raised by someone else, a sports star and he just aired it for debate. But his question does not ask if there was racial tension, it asks if that caused Degale to perform badly. The assumption within the question is that there was racial tension. I and no one else i know of thinks there was any. I think Spencer can be forgiven for something not coming across quite right on line. It happens.

I am sure he is not a racist. But his opinions and experiences of life are different from mine so we can see the same events from very different perspectives, his heart is in the right place. He does a lot of good. He is trying to make an impact on his local environment and in a positive way. Is he perfect ? No. But who is.
Utter Bollocks.
Devaney is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #44
Devaney
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
"Was racial tension the cause of the bad performance that on the mind of James Degale?"

I hear bullshit questions like this almost weekly where I come from given the situation up here regarding certain football clubs and believe you me shite like this just add tension not help it.

If he wants to know what racial tension is like at a boxing match then I suggest he goes and watches Kaylor-Christie or Hagler-Minter.

It was a stupid ****ing question and one that I have usually heard coming from Gareth Crooks...now that is a man with a chip on his shoulder.

It has ****ing all with DeGale being part black or white or whatever, its because he is an uneducated, brain dead ****ing **** socket of sub humanity.
Yes.

It was all those people wearing white clothes and perculiar pointed white hats...

Degale walked past a burger van ffs.

They were caterers not the KKK
Devaney is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #45
leon 7766
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 33
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

I wouldnt say the East Midlands was the racist capital of the country
leon 7766 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013