Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #46
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaney View Post
Utter Bollocks.
Maybe it went a bit over your head ? Or you could be a bit more specific ?
riggers is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #47
The.Horse

vCash:

Is it racist? Yes and no.

The comment itself from Mr Fearon seems unnecessary. But if you trace the origins of his question then you have an answer itself which comes from a racial viewpoint.

"Would DeGale be better received in general if he wasn't black/mixed race?"

The answer is of course no. In general the majority of people will make a judgement or form an opinion of someone based on a) their looks and b) there persona. DeGale is loud and could be perceived as '****y'.

But why is he so '****y'? Simple, he is a successful black man. 90% of successful 'black' people gain confidence from their success against the odds and against the will of 'the all-controlling white man'. This is a genetic fact and comes from years of slavery and it's perfectly understandable for DeGale to have a loud and confident personality, given all that he's achieved so far in his life.

Horse out.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #48
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Horse View Post

The comment itself from Mr Fearon seems unnecessary. But if you trace the origins of his question then you have an answer itself which comes from a racial viewpoint.

The answer is of course no. In general the majority of people will make a judgement or form an opinion of someone based on a) their looks and b) there persona. DeGale is loud and could be perceived as '****y'.

But why is he so '****y'? Simple, he is a successful black man. 90% of successful 'black' people gain confidence from their success against the odds and against the will of 'the all-controlling white man'. This is a genetic fact and comes from years of slavery and it's perfectly understandable for DeGale to have a loud and confident personality, given all that he's achieved so far in his life.

Horse out.
At last! Thanks
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #49
Devaney

vCash: 500

Quote:

Horse out.

Dont talk shite, people will respect you more if you dont.

Years of slavery, it is 2011 mate, why dont you get over what happened many generations ago, or is it your sole intention to hate the world, and bring your children up to be racist.

Alex Hayley you aint pal, more like Alex the kid from Sega.

Dick, go darn some socks.
Devaney is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #50
The.Horse

vCash:

Quote:
Dont talk shite, people will respect you more if you dont.

Years of slavery, it is 2011 mate, why dont you get over what happened many generations ago, or is it your sole intention to hate the world, and bring your children up to be racist.

Alex Hayley you aint pal, more like Alex the kid from Sega.

Dick, go darn some socks.
Woah call the pc brigade off please. Why do you think Floyd Mayweather is ****y and arrogant, yet Manny Pacquiao remains humble and honest? Different backgrounds breed different people.

Look this is a touchy issue and I can see why some people could take offense to this so I'm just gonna leave it with this: it's only my opinion. I do not feel I am racist and will apologise for any offense caused.

Horse out.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #51
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Horse out.
****s sake. You need to join mr fearon on a race relations 2011 refresher class. You're stuck in the 80s.

Slavery, the all controlling white man, Jesus wept. Get a grip.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #52
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Woah call the pc brigade off please. Why do you think Floyd Mayweather is ****y and arrogant
Because he is an utter, utter, dumb cunt?
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #53
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Was there any need for the status? No.

Personally if he asked ''Did Groves get nod because people like him more then DeGale?'' that wouldn't of caused as much aggro.

Spencer's said a few things in past which i don't like. The Bruno thing angered me because he turned people on him and didn't even have facts right.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #54
Devaney

Quote:
Woah call the pc brigade off please. Why do you think Floyd Mayweather is ****y and arrogant, yet Manny Pacquiao remains humble and honest? Different backgrounds breed different people.

Look this is a touchy issue and I can see why some people could take offense to this so I'm just gonna leave it with this: it's only my opinion. I do not feel I am racist and will apologise for any offense caused.

Horse out.

It is cunts like you that make these issues "Touchy" as you put it.

Now if you want to go and watch roots every night and blame the world when things do not go your way, because of bygone years, that i may add had no impact on you or your immediate family, yet you always raise the race card.

**** Off and go and tell it to somebody else, do you think it was just mixed race people that had it tough back then, or shoud i say "Back in the day Bro"...

It is people who raise these issues that are the racists, and believe you me i know.

I am White, and i can assure you that i have experienced racial abuse, and i too have grown up with it, i have two black sisters and one black brother, who were all brought up by a white woman and a black man, and are all quite succesful, and cunts like you do not represent them or the majority with your views.

So do not come on here with your bullshit, there are people out here who can see through your race card Horse Shit.

Cunt
Devaney is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #55
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1208

Pfffft, what a bunch of pc wankers we have on here. It's a good job nobody was in the crowd for a Erich Gliebe aka The Aryan Barbarian fight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfkxfNF7x6s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfkxfNF7x6s[/ame]
Manning is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #56
Fantom

Quote:
It is cunts like you that make these issues "Touchy" as you put it.

Now if you want to go and watch roots every night and blame the world when things do not go your way, because of bygone years, that i may add had no impact on you or your immediate family, yet you always raise the race card.

**** Off and go and tell it to somebody else, do you think it was just mixed race people that had it tough back then, or shoud i say "Back in the day Bro"...

It is people who raise these issues that are the racists, and believe you me i know.

I am White, and i can assure you that i have experienced racial abuse, and i too have grown up with it, i have two black sisters and one black brother, who were all brought up by a white woman and a black man, and are all quite succesful, and cunts like you do not represent them or the majority with your views.

So do not come on here with your bullshit, there are people out here who can see through your race card Horse Shit.

Cunt
I can familiarise with this. Well said
Fantom is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #57
sexysekhon
The SINGH

I wonder what ron atkinson would make of it all? Lol.
sexysekhon is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #58
Longcount
boxing
ESB Addict

vCash: 1034

You guys need to give Spencer a break. The guy is absolutely not racist - a fundamental element of the Hard Knocks ethos is the promotion of multiculturalism - to embrace everyone, regardless of race.

Spencer Fearon is the man who has promoted the Albanian Kreshnik Qato and the Mongolian Choi Choi Tseveenpurev. Both of these guys are his friends and his family.

He has personally invested in young white fighters - providing money above and beyond his remit as promoter/manager to ensure that they are financially stable. I know for a fact that he has done this at a loss.

So he has made an observation and posted it on Facebook? So What?

This man is someone we should get behind and support, someone who is doing something positive for British boxing.
Longcount is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #59
ant-man
ant
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunk View Post
spencer has admitted he was wrong to ask the question and apolagised. i dont really see why this needs to be brought up again
Always absolutely guaranteed to set things off..
ant-man is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 02:42 AM   #60
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longcount View Post
You guys need to give Spencer a break. The guy is absolutely not racist - a fundamental element of the Hard Knocks ethos is the promotion of multiculturalism - to embrace everyone, regardless of race.

Spencer Fearon is the man who has promoted the Albanian Kreshnik Qato and the Mongolian Choi Choi Tseveenpurev. Both of these guys are his friends and his family.

He has personally invested in young white fighters - providing money above and beyond his remit as promoter/manager to ensure that they are financially stable. I know for a fact that he has done this at a loss.

So he has made an observation and posted it on Facebook? So What?

This man is someone we should get behind and support, someone who is doing something positive for British boxing.
Good post.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum