Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Anyone remember their first sparring session?

I was 7 yrs old when I had mine. I was doing very well against another kid that was beginning and I started getting ****y. They brought in a 10 yr old Hispanic kid, and he put it on me pretty good. We went 3 rounds and that shit felt like hours in there. LMAO
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
eternus.fides
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Anyone remember their first sparring session?

I was a bit older, 17, I was put in with this guy Issa, about my height weight, but had years of experience! I said to myself, **** what these guys taught me, I have to just beat this guy down. So I did for about 4 rounds then gassed, he took over the last two. Great time, will never forget it! I had no clue I had that in me.
eternus.fides is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Rexrapper 1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 499

I was 18. Thought I was the shit and got humbled. All it did was make me work 10x harder.
Rexrapper 1 is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexrapper 1 View Post
I was 18. Thought I was the shit and got humbled. All it did was make me work 10x harder.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Seckah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I did well my first time around since my father and brothers box so I was used to it. I was about 6 and the other kid was 8 but he didn't know his left from his right. But after boxing kids who suck they put me in the gym on "the other side of town" and that is when I found out I wasn't as good as I thought lol
Seckah is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
futonrevolution
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I was maybe 15 and the guy refused to engage... my 2nd time was a whole other story, though I think the floor had a better punch, than the sergeant did.
futonrevolution is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I was 14 and coach whispered to me "if you can make the blood run from his nose, IŽll buy you a ice-cream". The other guy was 15 cm taller than me and had boxed for years.
I didnŽt try to hit him hard and still feel ashamed of it.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #8
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Yes I was 14-15 sparring with a guy who had just started like me...

We were both afraid of each other, both is a defense stance none really attacking... It was different, it was a weird feeling being in there with someone for the first time knowing he is gonna hit me... so I was more in a defesinve mode and we both trough punches like pot shotting them with no power... it was funny thinking about it.

After I became more comfortable and I fell in love with my GYM and sparring going M-F from 4-10PM for a couple years I think till I was 17, Best times I can remember with a lot of good people.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #9
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

I did pretty well with the first 2 guys mostly because I was all muscly from rugby training and was using street fighting stuff like holding their head down and punching them with the other hand. I was thinking "Crikey, boxing is easy! Just gotta muscle them around!"

Then I got put in with a skinny Lebanese kid. I was laughing because we looked like a before and after Atlas ad. The first 2 rounds I went hard and he was mostly relaxed and waiting for me to gas, which I did. Then the room went up and down a few times, then there was a searing bright light in my eyes.

As it turned out, he was hitting me with uppercuts, and I was flat on my back looking at the ceiling lights. Welcome to boxing.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
I did pretty well with the first 2 guys mostly because I was all muscly from rugby training and was using street fighting stuff like holding their head down and punching them with the other hand. I was thinking "Crikey, boxing is easy! Just gotta muscle them around!"

Then I got put in with a skinny Lebanese kid. I was laughing because we looked like a before and after Atlas ad. The first 2 rounds I went hard and he was mostly relaxed and waiting for me to gas, which I did. Then the room went up and down a few times, then there was a searing bright light in my eyes.

As it turned out, he was hitting me with uppercuts, and I was flat on my back looking at the ceiling lights. Welcome to boxing.

I never fell Got close though but I never showed in my face it hurt me... whenever they would do that to me... I just unleash hard strong uppercuts to their nose(eyes watery painful) and some huge hooks.. to have them calm down.. I was the slow pace, timing and counter punching I loved controlling the pace.. and slowing down my opponent and have him think.. I loved counter punching it's so fun making the other miss and hitting them for messing up...
Doc is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I never fell Got close though but I never showed in my face it hurt me... whenever they would do that to me... I just unleash hard strong uppercuts to their nose(eyes watery painful) and some huge hooks.. to have them calm down.. I was the slow pace, timing and counter punching I loved controlling the pace.. and slowing down my opponent and have him think.. I loved counter punching it's so fun making the other miss and hitting them for messing up...
You would have loved me back then.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #12
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

I did spar a few times when I was about 18.It was in the club at Dewsbury.I enjoyed it,the first time the kid was a lot better than me.He got me with some good shots but I was happy cos I landed a few on him.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #13
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Yep, it was against a Mexican. Neither of us really got hurt. It was almost like practice for firing at a moving target that will fire back.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #14
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

10 yrs old and got a whipping but always enjoyed the buzz.....win or lose
klimting is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #15
RedDragonBoxing
Ametuer Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 902

I was 16, they put me in with a 14 year old and i was a bit nervous about hitting him untill the coach said he could take it so i landed an uppercut and dropped him and felt like a knob . . .

Then they put me in with this 22 year old who kept jabbing and going to the body and i couldnt seem to hit him, he just kept using that annoying abraham guard so i managed to land a left uppercut in the kidneys and pushed him back he threw a jab, i slipped it and landed a straight right and knocked him back against the ropes and admittedly just kept throwing random punches like an idiot till the bell rang.

That was a while ago and the boxing club closed down but i cant wait to start back
RedDragonBoxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing