Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
DynamicHispanic
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Frampton comes alive!

I am based out of the western United States but one fighter who caught my eye is Northern Ireland's Carl Frampton, a real 122 pound prospect who I expect big things out of quickly. He fights this Friday against Ronnie Turley in an eliminator for the British title.

His career is being guided by Irish boxing legend Barry McGuigan and he has sparred with Jason Booth, giving a good account of himself according to most.

I interviewed him earlier today, let me know what you think of my piece:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Frampton comes alive!
Mark Ortega

When 24-year old Belfast super bantamweight prospect Carl Frampton operates within a boxing ring, it is with a subtle confidence that is unobjectionable considering the young fighter's smooth combination punching and heavy right hand.

Against Venezuelan Oscar Chacin, Frampton mixed his arsenal to the head and body in a way that would make you believe he has more experience than his 9-0 [6 KOs] record would indicate.

Fellow Northern Ireland natives Brian Magee and Paul McCloskey both recently made unsuccessful bids for world titles, but its no surprise that Frampton already has many in the area already thinking he could be the one to break the recent spell.

For one, he has former world featherweight champion and Irish boxing legend Barry McGuigan guiding his career. That alone has opened up doors for Frampton that are likely unavailable to other similarly hyped prospects. Being the protege of McGuigan in Ireland is like being the protege of Jordan in America; you could argue that nobody else could properly gauge what it takes to reach the top the way the International Boxing Hall of Fame inductee could. That McGuigan saw something impressive enough from jump to get involved would be enough to warrant the instant buzz that Frampton received.

DynamicHispanic is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Frampton comes alive!

You should post this in the irish thread in the general . carl posts in there under carlos-jackal . irelands best prospect imo
moorser is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicHispanic View Post
I am based out of the western United States but one fighter who caught my eye is Northern Ireland's Carl Frampton, a real 122 pound prospect who I expect big things out of quickly. He fights this Friday against Ronnie Turley in an eliminator for the British title.

His career is being guided by Irish boxing legend Barry McGuigan and he has sparred with Jason Booth, giving a good account of himself according to most.

I interviewed him earlier today, let me know what you think of my piece:

Frampton comes alive!
Mark Ortega

When 24-year old Belfast super bantamweight prospect Carl Frampton operates within a boxing ring, it is with a subtle confidence that is unobjectionable considering the young fighter's smooth combination punching and heavy right hand.

Against Venezuelan Oscar Chacin, Frampton mixed his arsenal to the head and body in a way that would make you believe he has more experience than his 9-0 [6 KOs] record would indicate.

Fellow Northern Ireland natives Brian Magee and Paul McCloskey both recently made unsuccessful bids for world titles, but its no surprise that Frampton already has many in the area already thinking he could be the one to break the recent spell.

For one, he has former world featherweight champion and Irish boxing legend Barry McGuigan guiding his career. That alone has opened up doors for Frampton that are likely unavailable to other similarly hyped prospects. Being the protege of McGuigan in Ireland is like being the protege of Jordan in America; you could argue that nobody else could properly gauge what it takes to reach the top the way the International Boxing Hall of Fame inductee could. That McGuigan saw something impressive enough from jump to get involved would be enough to warrant the instant buzz that Frampton received.

Good to see an American writer taking an interst in prospects like Carl
sportofkings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Cockney Nutjob

vCash:

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum