Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
BlackFlag2601

vCash: 500
Default New here

I didn't see a place to post an introduction so I'm posting one here.

I'm 21 years old, and I just started training for boxing a month ago. I'm pretty out of shape but I'm getting a lot better because I've been running five days a week and hitting the gym 4 days a week. I have hopes of competing one day but I'm being very patient and trying to lose the pounds and just altogether working very hard. I occasionally have trouble with my diet but I'm getting better at that as well.

Anyways, thanks in advance to everybody and I can't wait to read some of the great stuff on this forum. Thank you.
BlackFlag2601 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Dish
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: New here

there isn't great stuff here, only professional trolls hoping to deceive you at every turn.

you have been warned.
Dish is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dish View Post
there isn't great stuff here, only professional trolls hoping to deceive you at every turn.
Where's this money you speak of? I haven't seen a cent of it yet and I damn well know I earned it.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFlag2601 View Post
I didn't see a place to post an introduction so I'm posting one here.

I'm 21 years old, and I just started training for boxing a month ago. I'm pretty out of shape but I'm getting a lot better because I've been running five days a week and hitting the gym 4 days a week. I have hopes of competing one day but I'm being very patient and trying to lose the pounds and just altogether working very hard. I occasionally have trouble with my diet but I'm getting better at that as well.

Anyways, thanks in advance to everybody and I can't wait to read some of the great stuff on this forum. Thank you.
Welcome! Good luck on your personal journey into studying The Sweet Science.

You are young, but please look out for signs of over-training. Coupling with running that is shedding weight AND Boxing training might help in the short term, but be shredding your body in the long term. Make sure you are doubling down on the non impact technical stuff (shadow Boxing, double end bag, and maize/slip bag) as that is where you will see a ton of gains with little physical price to pay.

Also, since you are starting, don't get discouraged if no trainer is fawning over you and helping you out. Unless you plan to pay for personal lessons or are a prodigy? You will have to earn your gym's respect by going regularly, training hard, and after you take that first sparring licking? Coming back. Good luck!
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
Where's this money you speak of? I haven't seen a cent of it yet and I damn well know I earned it.
You know? As a Nigerian prince who just needs $500 to claim my fortune, I am always trying to get these noobs CC numbers. Alas to no avail.

Noobs?
bald_head_slick is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing