Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #16
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Blood Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnes View Post

Wow your response is extremely slimy. Way to try to go for a low blow because someone undermined your internet boxing forum health expertise.

When I read this thread it was already known that his systolic was 113 and not 133, meaning that the difference between his systolic and diastolic was now a non-issue!

I was assessing your statements which seemed to focus on his systolic of 133. The way you phrased your paragraph it appears that you are pointing to that as the most important factor, and not underscoring the difference between the two numbers.
Slimy because I was abrasive to you butting in where, instead of asking for clarification you went off on a tangent? I love how you butted in with your "Internet Boxing forum health expertise", but then try to make a point of knocking me on it.

Yeah "when you read it" and obviously didn't read any of the other posts on this one page thread.

You were assessing my statements... out of context. My phrasing appeared to... without asking for clarification. Cool man. Cool.

Quote:
133 in itself is not very alarming
I never said it was. You said I said it was.

Regardless of that though a 19 year old healthy male with BP that high? Yes it is alarming.

Quote:
This sentence does not make it clear that you are comparing the numbers with one another. It can easily be read that they are being assessed independently. You did not write a sentence explaining that there should not be a large difference between the two.

Listen, I think you had good intentions here, as did I. It probably seemed like I came in and criticized you. That isn't what I meant to do. But I did not appreciate your coarse response to my post, either.
So you asked right? No, you didn't.

I had good intentions. I don't mind being criticized. I do mind you "defusing" alarm with misunderstood "facts". Sometimes, due to economic/social circumstance, people use "internet boxing forum health expertise" to help them get over the fear/economic hardship to sacrifice an seek medical attention. I don't appreciate a person who doesn't have the courtesy to try to fully understand context and reasoning saying, "Ahhh, don't worry about it!"

So as we see, what you "meant" and what you "did" are two different things. Sometimes people don't understand the gravity of things they say off the cuff. I don't appreciate that.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #17
elTerrible
TeamElite General Manager
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

113 / 61 is real good. Youre young though, when you get like 30s and 40s ect you need to watch it more. A young athlete shouldnt have issue, it can be too low but Im not sure what the range is for too low, probably like under 100 or under 90, you would probably faint so I guess you would know, wouldnt happen unless you are sick or something
elTerrible is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #18
elTerrible
TeamElite General Manager
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Even if it had been 133 that isn't that big of a deal. If you drank a cup or two of coffee or tea or were a little nervous in the doctor's office your systolic can easily go to 133 or higher.

Also let's say it WAS 133. Doctor won't prescribe anything because that is barely dangerous. The nurse won't even say anything. If you are lucky someone would ask you about your exercise and tell you to reduce sodium and/or alcohol intake. 133 is just not very high.

120/80 is a general comparison point but nobody bats an eye until you are at least 140/90 and higher. If you are young and there is no history of heart attacks, atherosclerosis, or diabetes in your family they especially will not care.

Yeah 133 isnt super high, they wont need meds or anything. My fathers is like 150+ and that is with his meds. Mine used to be like 125-130 but mine is now always under 120 just from being more active.

But even a young healthy person with 133 isnt a huge deal due to "white coat syndrome" as they call it when a lot of people's BP is a good 10 points or so higher than normal at the doctors just because they are nervous. So if it was 133 they might re do it to see if it goes down if he was anxious or have him keep an eye on it and it would probably be lower day to day anyways
elTerrible is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing