boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #196
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Was gonna give a proper response to the subject of this thread, having argued many times with Spence however seeing some of the idiots and posts on here I think I'll leave it.
It's like some of you on here don't like the sport and would rather ruin what used to be a fantastic forum instead
Dan684 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #197
Hitmanfan
KO King
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
Was gonna give a proper response to the subject of this thread, having argued many times with Spence however seeing some of the idiots and posts on here I think I'll leave it.
It's like some of you on here don't like the sport and would rather ruin what used to be a fantastic forum instead

BOXEN - DIE or go on your favourite **** christian religious forum that you clearly care so much about.....
Hitmanfan is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #198
fita
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon racist post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyLad View Post
Firstly, spencer goes on and on about 'brother nazeem' and 'pbf'yet fails to credit roach and pac? i know this cos ive checked his page for last year or so!

Secondly, whats joking about degale mocking 'ugly ginger kid' not being racist? if you pick faults with someone due to their appearance in a manner like said statement i construe that as racist. like i said, imagine if groves had called degale 'ugly black kid' which is no different as its an insult about appearance.

Spencer aint a racist imo, just leans to his colour more often than not.
LOL most people in boxing call him 'Brother Nazeem', it's his nickname now. Basically, your premise that he prefers black fighters because they're from his racial background is based on the fact he's a fan of PBF and not Pac. Maybe, and I know this may be a huge stretch for you, he simply prefers pbf's boxing style to pacs? Is that so unbelievable, someone preferring the boxing stylist over the big puncher? Anyway, your theory is based in a sample set of ONE, I hope you can see how re****ed that is.

As for the second comment, I am genuinely gobsmacked. I think you need to look up 'race' in the dictionary. According to you, calling someone 'bignose' would be racist too since you'd be having a pop at their appearance.
fita is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #199
Boxen

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
Just heard the Buncey podcast and he asked Fearon to explain a controversial Facebook comment on Groves vs DeGale. Fearon dodged the question and said he want to spread love not hate, doesnt want to create a fuss etc.

Have googled it and checked on the forum but found nothing. Anyone know? Sounds like it was racial, like maybe saying 'people want Groves to win cos he's white'.
This has been on before *****.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #200
Flomo Joe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fita View Post
LOL most people in boxing call him 'Brother Nazeem', it's his nickname now. Basically, your premise that he prefers black fighters because they're from his racial background is based on the fact he's a fan of PBF and not Pac. Maybe, and I know this may be a huge stretch for you, he simply prefers pbf's boxing style to pacs? Is that so unbelievable, someone preferring the boxing stylist over the big puncher? Anyway, your theory is based in a sample set of ONE, I hope you can see how re****ed that is.

As for the second comment, I am genuinely gobsmacked. I think you need to look up 'race' in the dictionary. According to you, calling someone 'bignose' would be racist too since you'd be having a pop at their appearance.
Hardly.

It's just highlighting an example of a common theme where Spencer Fearon is concerned.

As for the second paragraph, I think you've been overly picky with his post. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that he's trying to ask why skin colour is any more of an issue than people hurling other insults at each other, whether it be about their weight, hair colour or appearance.

It just seems that some people are (in my opinion) overly precious about racism, and turn a blind eye to issues such as ***ism, ****phobia or whatever.

Is being racist any worse than hating fat people because they're fat?

Or hating gingers because they are ginger? Jews because they're Jewish?

I don't really have a particular view on this, nor do I know anyone that does, but it's a point worth making in my opinion.
Flomo Joe is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #201
SimonTemplar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxen View Post
This has been on before *****.

Why do you have to call someone a ***** for asking a question to which they don't know the answer? It's a forum, it would be nowhere without questions.
SimonTemplar is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #202
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict

vCash: 756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxen View Post
Out of all the boxers in Britain you can only come up with 3 and David Haye is the only one at the top, plus how far does the the family tree go back in britain?. Now do the same with the USA.

**** me americas only just over 200 year old....

what a pleb you are.
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #203
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***** Joe View Post
Hardly.

It's just highlighting an example of a common theme where Spencer Fearon is concerned.

As for the second paragraph, I think you've been overly picky with his post. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that he's trying to ask why skin colour is any more of an issue than people hurling other insults at each other, whether it be about their weight, hair colour or appearance.

It just seems that some people are (in my opinion) overly precious about racism, and turn a blind eye to issues such as ***ism, ****phobia or whatever.

Is being racist any worse than hating fat people because they're fat?

Or hating gingers because they are ginger? Jews because they're Jewish?

I don't really have a particular view on this, nor do I know anyone that does, but it's a point worth making in my opinion.
racism or racist are 2 of the most overused words in the english language, usually by knobjocky khan bum boys on here

good post by the way
widdy is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #204
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post

Didn't take long for the insults to start flying did it?

As for what have I done to promote equality in my area.... absolutely **** all, because I don't give a **** about skin colour.... most ''equality'' initiatives only end up promoting positive discrimination anyway.

Perhaps he can name 100 things he's done, but that doesn't stop him making stupid remarks or whatever, does it? Let's not forget, he's got previous in this area too.

You've got a real problem accepting people's opinion if they differ to yours.... something I'd suggest you make an attempt to get over at some stage.

Beeston KO Dunk 1st round
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #205
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
racism or racist are 2 of the most overused words in the english language, usually by knobjocky khan bum boys on here

good post by the way
You are the one who keeps bringing up race in nearly every Khan related post!
izmat is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #206
sud2002
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It's crazy how people like him and Bernard Hopkins can get away with saying things like that and people will just over look it.
sud2002 is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 04:29 AM   #207
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud2002 View Post
It's crazy how people like him and Bernard Hopkins can get away with saying things like that and people will just over look it.
But why should anyone really give a **** what they say ?
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 04:49 AM   #208
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmat View Post
You are the one who keeps bringing up race in nearly every Khan related post!
izmat izmat izmat, i bring it up because it gets on the nerves of *****s like your little self,its called taking the ****.

people like you won't understand though,no sense of humour
widdy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum