Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
KidFrankie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default The God please dont let us see Froch v Ward rematch train.

Please for christ sake do not let Froch fight ward again, what is there to gain?

latest reports is andre ward has said hes open to a rematch but does not think froch will take it, almost as if taunting him take it.

my annoyance for froch has grown so much recently.
KidFrankie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1040
Default Re: The God please dont let us see Froch v Ward rematch train.

After the Groves fight I don't think even Froch would take this Ward offer.He is now arguably only the SECOND best SMW in the UK.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
neemo2357
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Im on the train. Froch had his arse handed to him and it will be no different next time.
neemo2357 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Papa_Bear
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I really can't see why Carl would go for the Ward fight ahead of Groves. Even if the dangling carrot of avenging the defeat is there for him I think in his heart he must know that there is no winning this fight. He almost admitted as much with a slip of the tongue he made at the Groves press conference where in defending his record he said that Ward is a fighter who will "probably never be beaten." Even if he does seriously want Ward next though I'd think that Eddie and McCracken would be less keen and will be nudging him elsewhere.

There's big money in fighting Ward but there's also huge money in fighting Groves. Ward has HBO but a second Groves fight would pull much bigger ppv numbers over here as well as potentially a much larger live attendance. It's the fight that most are demanding (does anyone on either side of the pond really want to see Froch-Ward II?), the big money is there, and most importantly from Froch's point of view it's an eminently more winnable fight. With both head and heart I would think that the natural conclusion to for Carl come to has to be that Groves is the obvious choice. Nothing else makes close to as much sense....unless he'd rather retire.
Papa_Bear is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
shenmue
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Froch has more chance of beating groves again than ever beating ward. The money will also be good for a Groves re match. i can't see the Groves rematch not happening. Unless Froch gets offered a career high purse vs Chavez Jr.
shenmue is online now  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
punchdrunkgench
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
After the Groves fight I don't think even Froch would take this Ward offer.He is now arguably only the SECOND best SMW in the UK.

his stock has nt fallen that far he is proven at world level for over 5 years and whilst his performance against gg was well below standard i feel people are getting carried away and he is allowed an off day and still won the fight using his customary tough resilence and a bit of help from the ref, froch is a world class operator and thus warrants respect all this he is the second best smw in the uk is a drastic over reaction imo people are fotgetting groves lost and groves lost because his tactics were poor in the second half of the fight and there is nothing to say he wont make the same mistake again and thus get beat again
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Sly
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Two big stumbling blocks...

1. Froch knows Ward takes him to school again. He doesn't really fancy the fight and is only talking it up to further his so-called 'warrior' image. Deep down, Froch wants nothing to do with Ward.

2. Ward will never, ever be stupid enough to fight Froch in Britain. He doesn't need to and he wouldn't risk being robbed the way so many others have been lately. He knows what goes on over here.
Sly is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum