Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
tdf1974
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Froch/Groves or Burns/Beltran

with Burns returning to the ring it has got me thinking,
what was the worse the Burns decision and not having the rematch?
Or the Froch decision/stoppage and not having the rematch?

i would do a poll but i am a technotard.

for me the Burns decision was so bad i have to say that was worse although i can see why Burns and Froch dont want their respective rematches after their lucky escapes.
tdf1974 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14000
Default Re: Froch/Groves or Burns/Beltran

Its hard to compare because Burns is facing a mandatory next so the choice was pretty much out of his hands, although Beltran deserves a rematch obviously (he should have the belt). Froch has the option of making the Groves fight and it'd make a lot of money if he wanted it but it doesn't look like he does.

I'd say Burns would rather face Beltran again than Crawford if he had the choice, to be honest.
Collie is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5250

Burns vs Beltran was just a blatant robbery, and everyone knows who actually won that fight. There's no suspence over who's going to win the rematch when held on neutral territory. While Froch vs Groves actually has a suspence thing going on, due to that dreadful referee. Froch was coming on strong after getting whooped in the 1st half of the fight and might actually have been on his way stopping Groves in a legit fashion. Or Groves might have turned the tables again and maybe be the first to stop Carl... who knows?!

Both need a rematch, but the Froch vs Groves bout DEMANDS it.
You can just call Beltran the better man after a completely finished fight and be done with it. Although there's the issue of that belt.
Robney is online now  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
Mufc30
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Both as bad as each other,possibly Froch was worse because if it hadn't been stopped The scorecards were so bad that if it went 12 the chances are Froch would have taken the win deserved or not. You could argue that regardless of what Groves did,I'd he didn't spark Froch it was decided he was never going to win

Though I guess you could say that about Beltran however he got a draw and not a defeat-though still no belt
Mufc30 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #5
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

well, Burns pretty much accepts that he didn't really win the fight and had another bad night. but he was willing to fight Beltran again until the mandatory got in the way. hopefully though, Beltran gets to fight the winner.

whereas Froch won't accept the thought of Groves winning the fight and considers the stoppage to be legit. he's also negative on the rematch happening.

but which one was worse of the two? they're both as bad as each other. the robbery and the ref stopping the fight too early didn't give us the outcome boxing deserved.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #6
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
well, Burns pretty much accepts that he didn't really win the fight and had another bad night. but he was willing to fight Beltran again until the mandatory got in the way. hopefully though, Beltran gets to fight the winner.

whereas Froch won't accept the thought of Groves winning the fight and considers the stoppage to be legit. he's also negative on the rematch happening.

but which one was worse of the two? they're both as bad as each other. the robbery and the ref stopping the fight too early didn't give us the outcome boxing deserved.
Answer me this, i accept Jose boxed much better than Ricky the first 6 rounds but Ricky dug in and made him quit and won nobody stopped the fight other than Jose and his team, now Froch was getting an even bigger schooling from Taylor and stopped him in the final seconds but he becomes a hero, whats the diffrence?
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2014, 01:01 AM   #7
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

A rematch with Groves is what most fans want to see.................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #8
tdf1974
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Answer me this, i accept Jose boxed much better than Ricky the first 6 rounds but Ricky dug in and made him quit and won nobody stopped the fight other than Jose and his team, now Froch was getting an even bigger schooling from Taylor and stopped him in the final seconds but he becomes a hero, whats the diffrence?

a KO?

even the partizan Jock crowd got the hump it was that bad of a decision!

but at least Burns has not talked complete sh1te since the fight so i think probably still has a lot of the public behind him...Froch on the other hand needs a massive P.R lesson asap or i dont see him fighting again in UK
tdf1974 is online now  Top
Old 01-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
Furey
EST & REG 2009
ESB Addict

Froch v Groves.

Not only was it a bullshit stoppage, the scorecards were also ridiculous.
Furey is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #10
smithshaun
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

look to be a world champion not only do you need to be highly talented you need to be able to dig deeper than the other man, gonzalez was winning the fight but he couldn't handle the pace and the situation, he hit burns with everything he had and burns kept coming that's the difference between a good challenger and a great champion, if you believe for one minute his hand was that badly injured he couldn't carry on your all fools, he was beaten mentally and physically that's why he quit, as for beltran ricky has stated so many times he would like the rematch so we can stop going on about it, but once again beltran should of been able to finish the fight such was the extent of rickys injury but he couldn't end of.
smithshaun is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #11
Sugar 88
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Hey Billy,

I'm pretty sure you two are on about different fights. He's talking about the Beltran fight and you seem to be on about the Gonzalez fight.

The difference between the Gonzalez fight and the Taylor fight is that Taylor didn't quit he got KTFO.

Good luck to Ricky against Crawford I'll be pullin for him and hope he then gives Beltran the rematch he deserves.
Sugar 88 is online now  Top
Old 01-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #12
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithshaun View Post
look to be a world champion not only do you need to be highly talented you need to be able to dig deeper than the other man, gonzalez was winning the fight but he couldn't handle the pace and the situation, he hit burns with everything he had and burns kept coming that's the difference between a good challenger and a great champion, if you believe for one minute his hand was that badly injured he couldn't carry on your all fools, he was beaten mentally and physically that's why he quit, as for beltran ricky has stated so many times he would like the rematch so we can stop going on about it, but once again beltran should of been able to finish the fight such was the extent of rickys injury but he couldn't end of.
Remember he could have switched stance he's equally comfortable
billy nelson is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum