boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #46
HerolGee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: what was your reaction when froch destroyed bute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
Pascal was, equally, a nobody in 2008.
he wasn't nobody, he'd won several American continent titles in the last three years prior,and he won important fights straight after too. a solid continuity of quality. Pascal was quality.

Quote:
Froch fought Taylor on the 25th of April 2009.
froch fought Taylor then entered the Supersix (which Joe ran from) because Joe wouldn't fight him. And Taylor was quality.

Quote:
Dirrell on the 17th October 2009
yeah I can read boxrec too, I never said Dirrell has any bearing on this, I said froch was lining him up in the supersix that's all. Why did you twist it into me adding Dirrel to his resume prematurely? that desperate to discredit forch?

Why do you have an issue with Froch being proven quality before Joe Calzaghe retired?
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #47
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3728

i felt like i owed Carl froch an apology for actually thinking bute can come to England an take care of business.. boy was i wrong.

an for joe c..i respect but yeah hes competition wasnt the greatest. n another thing that bothers me thats not really his fault is that those stoppages in his fights were just absurd. i still truly believe joe c was one helluva fight but we will never truly no

cuz when he was he was about 28-0 or so the dude should been fighting good comp. i mean he waited till he was 40-0 to fight jeff lacy
cippi is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #48
MAJR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 582

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
he wasn't nobody, he'd won several American continent titles in the last three years prior,and he won important fights straight after too. a solid continuity of quality. Pascal was quality.
And Froch had been a commonweath champion. But that didn't make him world level and neither did Pascal winning continental titles. It made them potential world level fighters but neither had proven it prior to fighting each other. It was a cracking fight, an entertaining bout between two fighters looking to step up to the world stage, but that was all it was.

Quote:
froch fought Taylor then entered the Supersix (which Joe ran from) because Joe wouldn't fight him. And Taylor was quality.
Calzaghe was retired before the idea of the Super Six was even thought up! Why not say Calzaghe's running away from George ****ing Groves! You seem intent on accusing him ducking everything and everyone after he's quit being an active fighter.

Quote:
yeah I can read boxrec too, I never said Dirrell has any bearing on this, I said froch was lining him up in the supersix that's all. Why did you twist it into me adding Dirrel to his resume prematurely? that desperate to discredit forch?
Because I asked you to provide a list of the big fights Froch had won to prove himself a dangerous opponent before Calzaghe retired and you added Dirrell to this discussion by saying Calzaghe "ran for the welsh hills" when "Froch was facing off with Dirrell" as if it was happening when Calzaghe was still around. It was over eight months after he had retired. Eight ****ing months!

Quote:
Why do you have an issue with Froch being proven quality before Joe Calzaghe retired?
Because Froch wasn't proven quality before Calzaghe retired. The only "big" names on his resume prior to Calzaghe's retirement were the mediocre Euro-level Brian Magee, the ancient and shot Robin Reid and the unproven on the world stage Pascal.

Froch proved his quality only after Calzaghe retired. He showed his potential against Pascal before being schooled by Taylor and Dirrell then losing a close contest to Kessler and going on from 2010 to prove his worth with wins over Abraham, Johnson, Bute and the Kessler rematch.
MAJR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #49
Jaaames
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 983

Surprised that Bute didn't attack the body enough...

somewhat shocked... I always said Bute could beat this guy and I was proven wrong.. I still believe he can stop Froch..
Jaaames is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #50
Big
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaames View Post
Surprised that Bute didn't attack the body enough...

somewhat shocked... I always said Bute could beat this guy and I was proven wrong.. I still believe he can stop Froch..
lol
Big is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #51
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I was hoping until the last moment, Bute kept recovering after he got hurt, and I was still believing and hoping Bute will turn the fight around by outboxing Froch for the rest of the fight. Than after he got counted out standing, I was a bit disappointed that he couldn't make it more competitive, and a bit stunned of how awful his performance was and I remembered Froch determination when the referee once broke them apart. I don't think I said much the whole fight. Probably once or twice "Hang on" and that's about it. I was very tense during the whole bout.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #52
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-School90's View Post
Bute was a fraud.
Still hoping to prove the contrary against Pascal, and maybe a rematch against Froch.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #53
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 76

I was shocked but laughing. I thought that Bute might embarass him and I was listening to somewhat depressive action music.
That was one exciting beatdown.
Badbot is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #54
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
East Side Guru

vCash: 550

I was expecting a lot from Bute in that night. I thought he will outclass Froch but I was wrong. I was very disappointed and a bit sad. Maybe @ LHW Bute will be a stronger fighter.
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #55
HerolGee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

realised why ward hadn't overtly pursued bute.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #56
HerolGee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
And Froch had been a commonweath champion. But that didn't make him world level and neither did Pascal winning continental titles.
Yeah I mean none of this mattered for joes previous defences, suddenly it mattered when Froch was looking dangerous.

joe took one look at froch mincing pascal (this happenin at the same time he was interested in Kessler, so no it wasn't the wrong timing) and decided to run for the hills.

face the facts, joe ducked froch, and then did the same with chad. story of joes life, lots of mediocres whilst not fighting the good ones unless he could help it, and he managed to go 4-5 years a piece doing that with a world title yet froch wasn't a good enough challenger. what a crock of ****.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #57
MAJR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 582

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
Yeah I mean none of this mattered for joes previous defences, suddenly it mattered when Froch was looking dangerous.
Yes. And point out the post where I have ever denied that Calzaghe took a lot of easy fights for easy money against opponents who hadn't accomplished enough to justify a title shot. You wont be able to because I have never done it. And Calzaghe's previous record isn't the deal here. It's the about the importance of the Froch/Pascal fight at the time it happened and how much or how little it proved.

The ****ing point about that statement was that neither Froch nor Pacal had proven themselves world level fighters when they met for the WBC Super Middleweight Title. It was a big fight for Froch and a big win for him but your trying to pass it off as if it was 2010 Pascal vs 2013 Froch, as if they were both widely considered at the time as one of the top two fighters in their respective divisions, but they weren't. They were prospects just ermerging onto the world scene, not long established fighters with a list of world level opponents to their resumes.

Quote:
joe took one look at froch mincing pascal (this happenin at the same time he was interested in Kessler, so no it wasn't the wrong timing) and decided to run for the hills.
Calzaghe fought Kessler on November 3rd 2007, Froch fought Pascal on July 12th 2008. Calzaghe had already fought Hopkins on the 19th of April 2008 before Froch and Pascal squared off. So yes, Froch did step up too late and Calzaghe had already moved on to a different division.

Again, learn the timeline if your going to attempt to talk ****!

I am quickly beggining to write this off as a lost cause. You obviously have a deep-rooted hatred and bias against Calzaghe - so much so that you cant even be bothered to look up the facts before you start ****ting on him. I mean seriously man! Twice now I have caught you out messing up the timeline - saying Froch beat Pascal and Taylor and was preparing to fight Dirrell before Calzaghe retired when he'd only fought Pascal and would fight Taylor over two month after Calzaghe retired, and now saying Froch was fighting Pascal when Calzaghe was looking into fighting Kessler but in reality Calzaghe had already fought Hopkins. It's ****ing pathetic that you're trying rewrite events to suit your own perspective.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #58
victor879
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

To be honest, I kind of laughed.
victor879 is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #59
UniversalPart
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I was at the fight.

When Froch won my immediate thought was 'I hope these drunken ****holes behind me start throwing bottles'
UniversalPart is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum