Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #46
barron71
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ievgen Khytrov

I will film some this week if I get a chance.
barron71 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #47
Gannicus
2014 Poster of the Year
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by barron71 View Post
Not sure if he is.

If Ievgen looks real good especially on D we go right after Louis Rose. if not we fight a chris Chatman type.

8 rounds for NABF belt. Not lets all remember this is boxing things can change frequently
BORKED

Not impressed with the way Khytrov is being trained.
He was more complete, dare I say, in his amateur days. We need this to be sharpened rather than Khytrov being re-created in many aspects.
Chatman was virtually landing at will.
It's like as if he's abandoned his very good usage of lateral movement, feints. He's so static when they're close, and when Chatman is landing a point scoring combination, some of the shots had snap to them but Khytrov did nothing. I have only noticed a slight improvement in Khytrov's defence against left hooks, but other than that it isn't looking good..I don't think I like where his trainer is taking him, and Khytrov needs to do what he said he will do more of - boxing rather than brawling. It's almost as if he's banking on his power. Khytrov did well to keep his lead foot on the outside of Chatman's lead foot which enabled him to get into good position for the KO, but against a Golovkin, this isn't going to be so easy.

He has bags of potential and you realise that more than anyone. I'm not sure if Gary Starks is the right man for him. What is Gary trying to do with Khytrov over the long term? I don't feel that many lessons are being learned from fight-to-fight.

This was definitely a good learning experience, a very impressive KO, so kudos to your match making
Gannicus is online now  Top
Old 06-07-2014, 09:18 AM   #48
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannicus View Post
BORKED

Not impressed with the way Khytrov is being trained.
He was more complete, dare I say, in his amateur days. We need this to be sharpened rather than Khytrov being re-created in many aspects.
Chatman was virtually landing at will.
It's like as if he's abandoned his very good usage of lateral movement, feints. He's so static when they're close, and when Chatman is landing a point scoring combination, some of the shots had snap to them but Khytrov did nothing. I have only noticed a slight improvement in Khytrov's defence against left hooks, but other than that it isn't looking good..I don't think I like where his trainer is taking him, and Khytrov needs to do what he said he will do more of - boxing rather than brawling. It's almost as if he's banking on his power. Khytrov did well to keep his lead foot on the outside of Chatman's lead foot which enabled him to get into good position for the KO, but against a Golovkin, this isn't going to be so easy.

He has bags of potential and you realise that more than anyone. I'm not sure if Gary Starks is the right man for him. What is Gary trying to do with Khytrov over the long term? I don't feel that many lessons are being learned from fight-to-fight.

This was definitely a good learning experience, a very impressive KO, so kudos to your match making
Not sure why the youtube code's not working, but completely agree with your assessment. I don't know if it's a lack of respect for his opposition, but there looks to be those disturbing habits. As he progresses up to tougher fighters we'll see if that changes, otherwise we could see him accumulate some damage. And forget ranked MW's, I'd like to see him handle a Derrick Findley, Ossie Duran (think he's finally retired), Adama type of fighter who'll stand up to his power and keep hitting back.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #49
barron71
Journeyman

Chatman has only lost to undefeated fighters. He gave major problems to Andrade who is world champ now.

Ievgen never really has a good 1st round and we def did lost the round. Chatman threw at all crazy angles and it was our 1st south paw we have faced. Ievgen def did a bit of too much head hunting instead of going to the body more as his corner told him. What happened Ievgen saw the left hook was wide open during the second so in the 3rd he set it up perfect. We are not ready for GGG, or a Danny Jacobs. We are 5-0 and getting better and better. By 12-0 to 15-0 then we will fight for a world title.

next opponent leatherwood, Louis Rose or Bo Dibbs

Stark Roizer Ievgen working well to the top together.
barron71 is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 02:01 AM   #50
barron71
Journeyman

June 6th 2014
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
barron71 is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 05:31 AM   #51
camden1nj
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Not sure if he is.

If Ievgen looks real good especially on D we go right after Louis Rose. if not we fight a chris Chatman type.

8 rounds for NABF belt. Not lets all remember this is boxing things can change frequently
Would love a match with Ogogo to set the record straight.
camden1nj is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 05:50 AM   #52
camden1nj
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Chatman has only lost to undefeated fighters. He gave major problems to Andrade who is world champ now.

Ievgen never really has a good 1st round and we def did lost the round. Chatman threw at all crazy angles and it was our 1st south paw we have faced. Ievgen def did a bit of too much head hunting instead of going to the body more as his corner told him. What happened Ievgen saw the left hook was wide open during the second so in the 3rd he set it up perfect. We are not ready for GGG, or a Danny Jacobs. We are 5-0 and getting better and better. By 12-0 to 15-0 then we will fight for a world title.

next opponent leatherwood, Louis Rose or Bo Dibbs

Stark Roizer Ievgen working well to the top together.
Just saw the Chatman fight. Needs to straighten up the right hand, throw the jab more, and move his head more. Good learning process though
camden1nj is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #53
JacK Rauber
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 200

Don't want to rain on the parade, but from what I have seen of Khytrov he has limited upside. He is wide open and gets hit a lot. Chatman is a joke and yet IK got nailed by him almost at will. A puncher would have stopped IK.

500 fights as an amateur, if true, is WAY to many. Obviously, he could get away with a lot more in the amateurs. He definitely needs to be more respectful of his opposition in the pros. He better start using an effective jab as he moves in or he will be KO'd by gatekeepers and above.

He seems to love to fight and the adulation that comes with winning, but he better get it together NOW or his career in the pros will be a short one.
JacK Rauber is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #54
hungover
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 158

Yeah. It was a nice KO shot, but Chatman was landing almost everything on him. I don't like Barron even mentioning Golovkin or Jacobs in the same thread as Khytrov. I'd even take Louis Rose over him at this point. Fight like five more bums before stepping up whatsoever.
hungover is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #55
barron71
Journeyman

Aug 7th CBS sports TV.

Ievgen vs TBA
barron71 is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #56
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Aug 7th CBS sports TV.

Ievgen vs TBA
CBS? Their main channel or do they have a seperate sports channel like NBC? Anyway good to see Khytrov stay busy, enjoy watching this guy develope and compete.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #57
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I'll keep an eye on Khytrov- he's got talent. He's got some bad habits that need to be addressed now before he steps up, though. He can get away with it at this level, but reinforcing them for too long will spell trouble against better opposition. I'm seeing the same thing right now with Quillin.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #58
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 295

This is probably an out of bounds question but how did Khytrov get placed with his current trainer? Was it an artifact of signing with his promoter or did Khytrov have several options of who he was going to work with?
Kevin Willis is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #59
Vysotskyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Willis View Post
This is probably an out of bounds question but how did Khytrov get placed with his current trainer? Was it an artifact of signing with his promoter or did Khytrov have several options of who he was going to work with?
I would like to know that too. Fight Promotions is small and it seems like they have an exclusive relationship with Rozier/Stark and the gym they train out of in Brooklyn. Unfortunate if that's the case because not only has he failed to improve so far but the consensus is he's regressing.

The promoter is doing a good job with his level of opposition, keeping him busy and getting TV exposure but i hope that agreement or loyalty to one gym/trainers doesn't thwart Khytrov's potential. They also have Derevyanchenko and Golub if Stark/Rozier end up training them and the same thing starts happening then Danila Bagrov will need to talk with them.
Vysotskyy is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #60
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotskyy View Post
I would like to know that too. Fight Promotions is small and it seems like they have an exclusive relationship with Rozier/Stark and the gym they train out of in Brooklyn. Unfortunate if that's the case because not only has he failed to improve so far but the consensus is he's regressing.

The promoter is doing a good job with his level of opposition, keeping him busy and getting TV exposure but i hope that agreement or loyalty to one gym/trainers doesn't thwart Khytrov's potential. They also have Derevyanchenko and Golub if Stark/Rozier end up training them and the same thing starts happening then Danila Bagrov will need to talk with them.
Good Lord NO! Those two goofs also have Derevyanchenko and Golub.

Kevin Willis is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum