boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao - do you even care?
Yes. 142 81.14%
No. 8 4.57%
I used to. 25 14.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 44444
Default The "All Things Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Do all your *****ing here.

Like the mighty "T.K.O. in 6" thread, this will serve as a garbage dump for all the excessive **** that overruns the forum. In this case, "*****"/"PAC****" garbage instead of Lennox/Vitali garbage.

Threads created with no other constructive purpose but to whine about Pacquiao or Mayweather or why they aren't fighting each other will be merged into this one indiscriminately.

T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶
̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶r̶i̶s̶k̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶f̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶s̶
̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶a̶l̶i̶t̶y̶
̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶n̶g̶)̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶w̶n̶-̶u̶p̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶
h̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶
d̶i̶s̶c̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶b̶i̶c̶k̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶
̶p̶e̶r̶s̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶(̶a̶n̶d̶
̶h̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶s̶)̶.̶ ̶E̶x̶e̶r̶c̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶d̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶
b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶p̶r̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶o̶r̶y̶,̶
d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶H̶i̶n̶t̶:̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶q̶u̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶T̶w̶i̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶
̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶/̶d̶i̶s̶c̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶
̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶u̶s̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶f̶r̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶-̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶
̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶h̶a̶i̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶

^ that all became null & void when it became apparent upon further ****YSIS of the General Forum that even well-meaning threads (or 99% of them, with a sum exclusion bias so infinitesimal as to be scientifically ignorable) were hijacked by trolls as well.

From now until this subject blows over - meaning they a) both retire or b) officially sign to fight each other - just don't make any Mayweather-Pacquiao threads.

• Don't make threads about them fighting, or why they aren't fighting.
  • Don't make trolling or ridiculous pro-Mayweather threads. (even if they have naught to do with Pacquiao)
  • Don't make trolling or ridiculous anti-Mayweather threads. (even if they have naught to do with Pacquiao)
  • Don't make trolling or ridiculous pro-Pacquiao threads. (even if they have naught to do with Mayweather)
  • Don't make trolling or ridiculous anti-Pacquiao threads. (even if they have naught to do with Mayweather)
  • Don't post what some other active or retired boxer (or trainer, or ref, or promoter, or S&C coach, or adviser, or ex-girlfriend, or basketball teammate, or some rapper or radio host) said about Mayweather or Pacquiao in an interview with Elie Seckbach on YoutTube, or via their own social media account.

Speaking of social media - if you are "breaking" any news about Mayweather, or Pacquiao, or Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and your source is social media - keep it to yourself. Don't make a thread about it.

Any of the above will be merged. So just don't bother. Just DON'T make threads fitting any of the above descriptions.

Just don't.

Don't, and there won't be any merging. If you don't like having conversations you're in the middle of get merged - well, don't make threads like those illustrated above. If you see one, don't participate (and if you do choose to participate, don't get too emotionally attached to it).

They will all end up here until condition A (both Mayweather and Pacquiao officially retire from boxing, or die or something) or condition B (they officially sign to fight) is met. End of story.

When condition A or B is met this will be removed permanently from the Sticky threads list and closed forevermore. Any subsequent retrospective threads about Mayweather or Pacquiao or Mayweather vs. Pacquiao (as either a fight that happened, or could've happened, depending on which condition is met) will then be free to exist without being merged.

- IntentionalButt, September 2012.

(yes, I magically conjured a post dated over two years earlier...I am the great and powerful IB!)
  • BORKED
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #2
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Default The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

ATTENTION!!! ADDENDUM!!!!!

ACHTUNG!!! NACHTRAG!!!!!

ˇˇˇATENCIÓN!!!!! ˇˇˇADENDA!!!!!

PANSIN!!! BUKOD PA!!!!

注意!!! さらに!!!!!

YO!!! RECOGNIZE MO' KNOWLEDGE, SUCKA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
There are exactly three new threads between now and the opening bell the night of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao (if such a night ever comes) that will be tolerated as sovereign threads serving a legitimate purpose and therefore not merged into this one:

1. The official poll thread once the fight is actually signed. Can be created by whomever, so long as done properly (five option format, with a voting cutoff date of at least the day of the fight, and not anonymous) - whoever makes one first, that will be "official".
  2. The official ****ysis/breakdown thread (again, once the fight is actually signed - and like with the poll thread, first one made after the official announcement is the "official" thread).
  3. The day-of RBR thread itself.

After the fight, it will be a free-for-all. No merging. It won't be this will-they-or-won't-they drama (like Ross and Rachel getting together on Friends) anymore and the post-fight discussion will run its course like any other fight.

This behemoth will be locked, and no longer added to.

Subsequent threads about the fight itself retrospectively, anything that occurred during it (debate over knockdown rulings, point deductions, individual round scoring, etc), as well as potential rematch talk will all be left alone, since the 6-year drama of whether they ever set foot in the ring with each other will have been concluded and even though such topics may generate lots of discussion it won't be the forum pollutant it has been since its percolation in 2008/9 and peak in 2010/11. They'll just be two fighters, and their fight will have been just another fight - as will a rematch if applicable.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Like the mighty "T.K.O. in 6" thread, this will serve as a garbage dump for all the excessive **** that overruns the forum. In this case, *****/Pac**** garbage instead of Lennox/Vitali garbage.

Threads created with no other constructive purpose but to whine about Pacquiao or Mayweather or why they aren't fighting each other will be merged into this one indiscriminately.

That doesn't mean any thread with their names mentioned in the title is at risk, as there are perfectly legitimate threads having to do with either boxer (or both, or even the eventuality of them ever meeting in the ring). We're all grown-ups here, however. We can all tell the difference between legitimate discourse and the childish bickering and flame wars that persist between the baser elements of both fan bases (and hater bases). Exercise judgment. If you think a thread might be interpreted as trolling and get merged into this repository, don't post it. Hint: if it's just a quote from Twitter or something with someone bashing/discrediting one or the other, or talking about them making excuses, or being afraid - it's going to wind up in my crosshairs.

- IntentionalButt, September 2012. (yes, I magically conjured a post dated two years earlier...I am great and powerful! [IMG]http://www.****pity.org/Smileys/classic/emoticon_magic.gif[/IMG])
Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

ATTENTION!!! ADDENDUM!!!!!

ACHTUNG!!! NACHTRAG!!!!!

ˇˇˇATENCIÓN!!!!! ˇˇˇADENDA!!!!!

PANSIN!!! BUKOD PA!!!!

注意!!! さらに!!!!!

YO!!! RECOGNIZE MO' KNOWLEDGE, SUCKA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
There are exactly three new threads between now and the opening bell the night of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao (if such a night ever comes) that will be tolerated as sovereign threads serving a legitimate purpose and therefore not merged into this one:

1. The official poll thread once the fight is actually signed. Can be created by whomever, so long as done properly (five option format, with a voting cutoff date of at least the day of the fight, and not anonymous) - whoever makes one first, that will be "official".
  2. The official ****ysis/breakdown thread (again, once the fight is actually signed - and like with the poll thread, first one made after the official announcement is the "official" thread).
  3. The day-of RBR thread itself.

After the fight, it will be a free-for-all. No merging. It won't be this will-they-or-won't-they drama (like Ross and Rachel getting together on Friends) anymore and the post-fight discussion will run its course like any other fight.

This behemoth will be locked, and no longer added to.

Subsequent threads about the fight itself retrospectively, anything that occurred during it (debate over knockdown rulings, point deductions, individual round scoring, etc), as well as potential rematch talk will all be left alone, since the 6-year drama of whether they ever set foot in the ring with each other will have been concluded and even though such topics may generate lots of discussion it won't be the forum pollutant it has been since its percolation in 2008/9 and peak in 2010/11. They'll just be two fighters, and their fight will have been just another fight - as will a rematch if applicable.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Like the mighty "T.K.O. in 6" thread, this will serve as a garbage dump for all the excessive **** that overruns the forum. In this case, "F.L.O.M.O."/"P.A.C.T.A.R.D." garbage instead of Lennox/Vitali garbage.

T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶
̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶r̶i̶s̶k̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶f̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶s̶
̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶a̶l̶i̶t̶y̶
̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶n̶g̶)̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶w̶n̶-̶u̶p̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶
h̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶
d̶i̶s̶c̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶b̶i̶c̶k̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶
̶p̶e̶r̶s̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶(̶a̶n̶d̶
̶h̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶s̶)̶.̶ ̶E̶x̶e̶r̶c̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶d̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶
b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶p̶r̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶o̶r̶y̶,̶
d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶H̶i̶n̶t̶:̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶q̶u̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶T̶w̶i̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶
̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶/̶d̶i̶s̶c̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶
̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶u̶s̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶f̶r̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶-̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶
̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶h̶a̶i̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶

^ that all became null & void when it became apparent upon further A.N.A.L.Y.S.I.S. of the General Forum that even well-meaning threads (or 99% of them, with a sum exclusion bias so infinitesimal as to be scientifically ignorable) were hijacked by trolls as well.

From now until this subject blows over - meaning they a) both retire or b) officially sign to fight each other - just don't make any Mayweather-Pacquiao threads.

• Don't make threads about them fighting, or why they aren't fighting.
  • Don't make trolling or ridiculous pro-Mayweather threads. (even if they have naught to do with Pacquiao)
  • Don't make trolling or ridiculous anti-Mayweather threads. (even if they have naught to do with Pacquiao)
  • Don't make trolling or ridiculous pro-Pacquiao threads. (even if they have naught to do with Mayweather)
  • Don't make trolling or ridiculous anti-Pacquiao threads. (even if they have naught to do with Mayweather)
  • Don't post what some other active or retired boxer (or trainer, or ref, or promoter, or S&C coach, or adviser, or ex-girlfriend, or basketball teammate, or some rapper or radio host) said about Mayweather or Pacquiao in an interview with Elie Seckbach on YoutTube, or via their own social media account.

Speaking of social media - if you are "breaking" any news about Mayweather, or Pacquiao, or Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and your source is social media - keep it to yourself. Don't make a thread about it.

Any of the above will be merged. So just don't bother. Just DON'T make threads fitting any of the above descriptions.

Just don't.

Don't, and there won't be any merging. If you don't like having conversations you're in the middle of get merged - well, don't make threads like those illustrated above. If you see one, don't participate (and if you do choose to participate, don't get too emotionally attached to it).

They will all end up here until condition A (both Mayweather and Pacquiao officially retire from boxing, or die or something) or condition B (they officially sign to fight) is met. End of story.

- IntentionalButt, September 2012.

(yes, I magically conjured a post dated over two years earlier...I am the great and powerful IB!)
  • BORKED

Last edited by IntentionalButt; 01-22-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #6
Rattler
R.I.P. - George Jones
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Is there any other fight to be made better or bigger than this?
Rattler is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #7
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Yes, Hatton-Pacman sounds a lot more EXCITING. The winner could face Floyd at 140 in September-December 2009.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
Sizzle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Floyd will never fight at 140lbs again.

Pacquiao is still relatively unproven at 147lbs. If he defeats someone like Moseley, Cotto or Margarito at 147lbs then Mayweather Vs Pacquiao becomes the biggest fight in boxing.

Pacquiao Vs Hatton should be entertaining also.

I wouldn't complain if Pacquiao Vs Mayweather was booked today, I just think it's premature.
Sizzle is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

Either it is or with Hatton in Manchester.

All other fights would not top either of the two fights.
Morrissey is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
podcast
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Fight of the Decade to decide the Fighter of the Decade. Which is Mayweather.
podcast is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #11
mexican legend
MVP!
East Side Guru

**** Mayweather. Hatton vs. Pacquiao is next.
mexican legend is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #12
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

Mayweater woul dhave a beter chance of beatin Pac but Mayweather isnt a big a draw as Hatton.

Htton - Pac at Wembley is massive. I think its better sylistically aswel.
jc is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #13
Cookie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

It's simply the biggest and best fight around. These ones don't come along often. I believe it will happen and probably at Welterweight.
Cookie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #14
Blue145
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hatton Pac is a bigger and more competative fight.
Blue145 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #15
Marc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

For some reason the idea of Pac vs Hatton doesnt appeal to me at all I'm not sure why. I'd really love for Floyd to come back and get first dibs at Manny.
Marc is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum