Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #16
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone else getting pumped for manny after all the criticism? (ESPN)

If he's moved in any way by criticism, he's not a true professional, and with his vast experience, I doubt he gives a **** about what some armchair fans say.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #17
PR BOXING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Anyone else getting pumped for manny after all the criticism? (ESPN)

I think deep down, Manny is fed up with all this and hungry to get the spotlight back to him. Rios most likely will get destroyed
PR BOXING is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #18
zato-one
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
If he's moved in any way by criticism, he's not a true professional, and with his vast experience, I doubt he gives a **** about what some armchair fans say.
Would you say the same about guys like bernard hopkins?
zato-one is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #19
Sunchild78
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato-one View Post
I mean, jesus, he was getting ripped on ESPN....Honestly, is anyone else thinking that this dude is going to take all this talk to heart and seriously ruin brandon rios?
I like bam bam, but honestly, it's been a looooooooooong time since seeing a focused manny, I wonder if we will finally get it. And if we do get it, I wonder if we will see somthing really special.

Either way, I hated seeing those guys on espn ganging up on him for getting KTFO, not because im such a manny die hard, but because I cant stand idiots who have never fought a round in their life going hard on a pro fighter.

Either way, I hope we see that flame ignited!

WAR MANNY!
I found it funny as hell. For a long time Manny was looked as Jesus Christ himself. He could do no wrong in the eyes of his fans or the boxing media. Now he's receiving a dose of reality and I like it.
Sunchild78 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #20
remi
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Rios will take a beating from Pac. Rios is not that good. pac fighting another fighter moving up in weight.
remi is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #21
nes01
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato-one View Post
I mean, jesus, he was getting ripped on ESPN....Honestly, is anyone else thinking that this dude is going to take all this talk to heart and seriously ruin brandon rios?
Small-mindedness on your part. Pacquiao lives in Philippines. Philippines is not in your country. What's he's surrounded by is nothing but huge respect and admiration. He probably gets small sound-bites as to what America is saying about him. If Pacquiao is motivated by people, then it will because he disappointed his own people and wants to make up for it, not because of what is being said 6 time zones away from him.
nes01 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #22
nes01
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
To an extent this is true, but naysayers and opposition in any form does have great capacity to motivate people, and athletes are people.
nes01 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #23
papadoc28
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchild78 View Post
I found it funny as hell. For a long time Manny was looked as Jesus Christ himself. He could do no wrong in the eyes of his fans or the boxing media. Now he's receiving a dose of reality and I like it.
This^

Whenever Manny gets interviewed, he is always handled with kid gloves and is never asked the HARD questions.
papadoc28 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #24
DBLOCK
Contender
ESB Senior Member

manny's going to bludgeon rios.
DBLOCK is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #25
Kid Cincinnati
GOOD BOY NATION
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Not excited about this fight. I like Rios and don't want to see him battered. I wish Manny was fighting someone with a better defense.
Kid Cincinnati is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #26
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Most professional athletes are moved by criticism and people doubting them. It's generally one of their greatest motivators.

Hell, Michael Jordan, arguably the most competitive person of our sports generation, used to find the most insignificant slights to push himself harder. His Hall of Fame speak showed he ain't forgot a dayum thing folks have said about him.

Shaq got in shape and to a weight he hadn't been in 4-5 years to prove to the Lakers they kept the wrong guy. Peyton Manning took all that "he's done" talk and turned in one of his finest seasons. Aaron Rodgers is STILL mad that he was rated and drafted behind Alex Smith.

And all boxing fans saw what happened when Roy Jones brought out 'The Real R.J.' on Montell Griffin.

Pacquiao LOVES and thrives off of the public adulation. You don't do movies (when u can't act) and albums (when u can't sing) and run for office (when you have no real interest in committing to the day-to-day grind of politics) if you don't have a need for public acceptance.

If he's NOT using this as motivation, then he's just in it for the money. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.
Sweet Jones is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #27
boxsensei
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchild78 View Post
Well put
boxsensei is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #28
rell84
Journeyman

Pacquiao still punch drunk guess Marquez landed two lucky punch
rell84 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum