RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Gloves Are Off - Middleweights

Quote:
Originally Posted by exittored View Post
Agreed.

Sky and News Corp have always had an anti-irish agenda going back to the way they covered the troubles in Northern Ireland in the 1990'S and their general anti-irish reporting especially towards irish gypsies and even included areas of England and Scotland that were heavily populated by Irish immigrants like Liverpool.

They had zero interest in pushing Carl Frampton either despite his drawing power in Belfast.
And yet Sky are putting Tyson Fury on a Box Office show?

Sky have been covering Irish teams for years. The Frampton theories are laughable.
RichDam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2013, 03:39 AM   #47
WinstonBarry
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by exittored View Post
Agreed.

Sky and News Corp have always had an anti-irish agenda going back to the way they covered the troubles in Northern Ireland in the 1990'S and their general anti-irish reporting especially towards irish gypsies and even included areas of England and Scotland that were heavily populated by Irish immigrants like Liverpool.

They had zero interest in pushing Carl Frampton either despite his drawing power in Belfast.
Utter, utter bollocks. Conspiratorial delusions, quite frankly.
WinstonBarry is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2013, 03:41 AM   #48
WinstonBarry
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencoreastside View Post
Anybody notice how badly and shamelessly edited the show was?
It was not a level playing field. A thinly-disguised PR spin job to boost up Lee and in particular Murray. Barker and more so Macklin was frozen out ( I think the sound was doctored so we couldnt hear half of what Matt said but every word from Murray was loud and clear).

Loved the way the camera would pan to Mack when Murray was guffing. Mack looked like a serial killer weighing up his next victim!

Macklin and Lee are far, far more intelligent and articulate than Murray and Barker, but you wouldnt think so from that load of rubbish.

A very unbalanced show - naked bias.
Naked bias? Did not pick up on that at all. All in your head I think.

Barker seems to be slurring his words a fair bit - I don't think it used to be that bad?
Old 11-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #49
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonBarry View Post

Barker seems to be slurring his words a fair bit - I don't think it used to be that bad?
Nah, he always talks like that.

Think people read too much into fighter's speech.
RichDam is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #50
lencoreastside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonBarry View Post

In fairness I watched it on a link provided by someone on here, not on TV, but it dis sound to me that Macklin was too far from the mike, or the sound was corrupted only when he spoke???
Technical gremlins?

Credit it Johnny Nelson he seemed to do a good job.
But Murray was allowed dominate it I felt? just saying.

Normally, having seen them before I know that Mack and Andy and intelligent and articulate men with a lot to say that is worth hearing.
Barker, and particularly Murray is a dull boring speaker with nothing worthwhile to say except go on about his sulky attitude towards Mack.

All immaterial anyway...the lads are now in their thirties and none have fought each other.....kind of a shame isn't it?
lencoreastside is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #51
WinstonBarry
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencoreastside View Post
In fairness I watched it on a link provided by someone on here, not on TV, but it dis sound to me that Macklin was too far from the mike, or the sound was corrupted only when he spoke???
Technical gremlins?

Credit it Johnny Nelson he seemed to do a good job.
But Murray was allowed dominate it I felt? just saying.

Normally, having seen them before I know that Mack and Andy and intelligent and articulate men with a lot to say that is worth hearing.
Barker, and particularly Murray is a dull boring speaker with nothing worthwhile to say except go on about his sulky attitude towards Mack.

All immaterial anyway...the lads are now in their thirties and none have fought each other.....kind of a shame isn't it?
The sound was poor anyway on the recording - but it's a bit of a stretch to suggest there was a concerted effort to prejudice the viewer one way or another.

Murray dominated because he clearly has the most assertive personality around the table - I'm sure we all know people like that.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #52
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It was shit, Nelson was asking the right question but let them all back out of answering them. The only one who would answer everything straight was Andy Lee, the rest still have splinters from the fence they were sat on.

The only difference between all 4 of them is one (Barker) has a promotor whos pretty good at his job and gives a **** about him.

Lou DiBella is a good promotor but he only gives a shit about Martinez and Rodriguez plus gets limited HBO dates. Hatton is the worst promotor in Britain.
FloydWillnever is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum