Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #16
HellSpawn86
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Castillo I - If that showed the "blueprint" on how to beat Floyd then why...

Well this is becoming another who won thread. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Regardless, no one has come as close to implementing a Castillo gameplan because they are not as good as Castillo. No one in the past 10 years has shown to be as effective at cutting corners and getting on the inside as Castillo. As defensive as Mayweather is, he is the best inside fighter today, and he doesn't even like to go there.

Today's fighters are mostly subpar boxer-punchers. No one is great at going completely inside or outside, and their timing isn't great for jumping in and out.
HellSpawn86 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #17
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Castillo I - If that showed the "blueprint" on how to beat Floyd then why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMotrain View Post
Have you even watched the second fight? Sure Mayweather won but it was neither a clinic nor a walk in the park for Floyd. Mayweather won by moving more than he did in the first fight but he still probably lost a minimum of 4 rounds.
So, to recap: this 10 year old 'blueprint' to beat Floyd Mayweather won at best 9 out of 24 rounds. Oh, and Mayweather fought about 6 of those rounds (and lost approx. 3-5 of them) with a bum shoulder.

Is that what I'm hearing here?
Sweet Jones is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #18
EL CABALLO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
There's no blueprint to beat Mayweather whatsoever!

There is a blueprint to scared him though. You just knock Cotto down.
AKA roiding the hell up and not wanting to test later for OBVIOUS Reasons!
EL CABALLO is online now  Top
Old 09-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #19
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

People completely ignore the injuries Mayweather fought with that fight as if that played no part in why the fight was as close as it was.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2013, 01:48 AM   #20
Hanz Cholo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
People completely ignore the injuries Mayweather fought with that fight as if that played no part in why the fight was as close as it was.
This is true... But Floyd hurts his hands often especially if you pressure him & force a ruffer fight as Castillo & cotto did & to a lesser degree de la Hoya in the 1st half of their fight.

Castillo outweighed floyd by 10lbs aswell & that was an advantage.
Trying to bounce counter shouts off of that tug boats head trying too keeper off u.... Canelo will have a bigger advantage than that but he should mix up his attack from a bullying Castillo to a jabbing punch flowing cotto/de la houa hybrid.

Just not sure if he can cut the ring off like Castillo or jab quite like Oscar....
Hanz Cholo is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #21
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanz Cholo View Post
This is true... But Floyd hurts his hands often especially if you pressure him & force a ruffer fight as Castillo & cotto did & to a lesser degree de la Hoya in the 1st half of their fight.

Castillo outweighed floyd by 10lbs aswell & that was an advantage.
Trying to bounce counter shouts off of that tug boats head trying too keeper off u.... Canelo will have a bigger advantage than that but he should mix up his attack from a bullying Castillo to a jabbing punch flowing cotto/de la houa hybrid.

Just not sure if he can cut the ring off like Castillo or jab quite like Oscar....
The injury I was referring to was his shoulder injury. It wouldn't surprise me if he hurt his hand as well, but he def hurt his shoulder in the fight which you can see him complain in between rounds about it and he stops using it as much, even switching up his gameplan a bit due to it.

As for Floyds hands, it wont surprise me if he hurts it on Canelos block head, ala Ghost.

I rate Castillo as a much better fighter then Canelo, but Floyd is no longer that Floyd, and Canelos size will make up for a bit too.

Cant wait for the fight.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #22
illwill007
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
The injury I was referring to was his shoulder injury. It wouldn't surprise me if he hurt his hand as well, but he def hurt his shoulder in the fight which you can see him complain in between rounds about it and he stops using it as much, even switching up his gameplan a bit due to it.

As for Floyds hands, it wont surprise me if he hurts it on Canelos block head, ala Ghost.

I rate Castillo as a much better fighter then Canelo, but Floyd is no longer that Floyd, and Canelos size will make up for a bit too.

Cant wait for the fight.
Yep, he switched to southpaw for a bit. Canelo is big, young, and hungry. This fight is going to be great.

Last edited by illwill007; 09-10-2013 at 02:32 AM.
illwill007 is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #23
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcairns1 View Post
Wasn't Castillo able to do it again in the rematch ? quite simply if the man who set the blueprint to beat Floyd couldn't emulate it again then why do people say other fighters should look to that as the way to beat Floyd?
You dont actually have to beat a fighter to set a proper blueprint.
I thought Mayweather beat Castillo both times but I do feel Castillo had sucess with his particular infighting, body punching style.
The hook to the body on the inside found sucess.
Castillo however lacks in certain areas to get the job done proper, he's not a great fighter by any means.
What I get from Castillo's limited sucess one can envision a better fighter than Castillo putting a similar gameplan in motion and following though with it to victory.

An A level fighter can look at things that a C level fighter had sucess with against a particular fighter and put them into action against someone like Mayweather.
In other words, the blueprint to beating Mayweather or any other great fighter can come from just an average fighter who lost to Mayweather.
A greater fighter taking that blueprint and riding home to victory with the exact same plan or great parts of it.
divac is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum