Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 12:06 AM   #46
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: boxaville
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
I believe the fight should be at 40 for legacy/title sake but honestly?? Floyds not a big ww and the weight difference shouldnt make much difference in this MATCHUP.

Pbf isnt Collazo in style, stance, or use of size. Making the fight is more important than 40 or 47. Let Ricky come in at whatever he feels best at IMO
You know at the end of the day I dont think that it really matters. To me its just the fact that Hatton claims to want the fight then he starts making demands. or the fight has to be in the UK or it has to be at 140, before you know it he will want a 10 foot ring and floyd to fight with a rope around his left foot. Thing is Floyd has more options then hatton, and really this isnt a fight that I as a Floyd fan want to see. For two reason. One I dont see it as being a very good fight, I think that Floyd wins easy. Two because once floyd does win easy those same asses that are making all this noise now will be the same ones say that floyd fought a smaller guy that didnt prove anything. I would much rather see Floyd fight Cotto, or Williams, but even that would be grounds for bitching, cuz it would then be said that floyd ducked Hatton. its the same marry-go-round that we have seen with every top p4p fighter since the start of P4p with Ray Robinson.
1lehudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #47
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: boxaville
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Excuuuuuuuuse me if I call your BULLSHIT... Yeah...$10 tix...wow!!!
1lehudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #48
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
You know at the end of the day I dont think that it really matters. To me its just the fact that Hatton claims to want the fight then he starts making demands. or the fight has to be in the UK or it has to be at 140, before you know it he will want a 10 foot ring and floyd to fight with a rope around his left foot. Thing is Floyd has more options then hatton, and really this isnt a fight that I as a Floyd fan want to see. For two reason. One I dont see it as being a very good fight, I think that Floyd wins easy. Two because once floyd does win easy those same asses that are making all this noise now will be the same ones say that floyd fought a smaller guy that didnt prove anything. I would much rather see Floyd fight Cotto, or Williams, but even that would be grounds for bitching, cuz it would then be said that floyd ducked Hatton. its the same marry-go-round that we have seen with every top p4p fighter since the start of P4p with Ray Robinson.
Opinions turn to facts, in the ring

Honestly, SSM, Cotto, Williams, and Hatton should ALL BE FACED BY FLOYD and it would still leave him under 45 fights. Floyd and his minions do more bitching than fighting and its LUDACRIS

Do what many other great ATG Champions have done, man up, fight the fights, and let the legacy fall where it may.

I believe Floyd's not at all what he's cracked up to be, but there's only one way to find out EITHER WAY..... NOT

The history of Champions IS CLEAR
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:23 AM   #49
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: boxaville
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Opinions turn to facts, in the ring

Honestly, SSM, Cotto, Williams, and Hatton should ALL BE FACED BY FLOYD and it would still leave him under 45 fights. Floyd and his minions do more bitching than fighting and its LUDACRIS

Do what many other great ATG Champions have done, man up, fight the fights, and let the legacy fall where it may.

I believe Floyd's not at all what he's cracked up to be, but there's only one way to find out EITHER WAY..... NOT

The history of Champions IS CLEAR
Problem is it dont really matter. Before the fight with Oscar you cats were saying "OH NOW Floyds going to get, now he is fighting a real fighter. oscar is going to knock his head off" After the fight Oscar was shot, Floyd just ran blah blah blah. It will be more of the same no matter who he fights. hatton will be too small, and if the fight is at 147 then Floyd made him fight at a weight that he was no good at. Shane will be old, and well past his prime, Williams will became a one hit wonder, Cotto will be green. I have heard it all before. One story before the fight a different one after.
1lehudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:34 AM   #50
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
Problem is it dont really matter. Before the fight with Oscar you cats were saying "OH NOW Floyds going to get, now he is fighting a real fighter. oscar is going to knock his head off" After the fight Oscar was shot, Floyd just ran blah blah blah. It will be more of the same no matter who he fights. hatton will be too small, and if the fight is at 147 then Floyd made him fight at a weight that he was no good at. Shane will be old, and well past his prime, Williams will became a one hit wonder, Cotto will be green. I have heard it all before. One story before the fight a different one after.
You cats ??

I picked PBF UD from the day they announced the fight and said PLAINLY that DLH couldnt beat SSM in his Prime, he wasnt beating PBF at the end of his career. It was officially a SD but that's BS, IMO, i scored it 115-113 for PBF. BTW?? I've heard ALL THE EXCUSES BEFORE and dont make generalizations, as you just did, because its BS. Deal with poster's on a 1 to 1 basis.

STop the BS, and do what graet champions have always done FIGHT THE FIGHTS. It will DAMN SURE MAKE A DIFFERENCE
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:13 AM   #51
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulty
Do you promise? Also if Hatton wins a UD will you re-register as oldanalqueen? The bookies called it a long shot when I bet on Hatton to stop Tyszu and when I bet on JC to beat Lacy.
Well your luck will run out on this one Mayweather will put Hatton on his ass at 140. I hope he does fight Hatton at 140. More speed and power for Mayweather
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:57 AM   #52
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: boxaville
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
You cats ??

I picked PBF UD from the day they announced the fight and said PLAINLY that DLH couldnt beat SSM in his Prime, he wasnt beating PBF at the end of his career. It was officially a SD but that's BS, IMO, i scored it 115-113 for PBF. BTW?? I've heard ALL THE EXCUSES BEFORE and dont make generalizations, as you just did, because its BS. Deal with poster's on a 1 to 1 basis.

STop the BS, and do what graet champions have always done FIGHT THE FIGHTS. It will DAMN SURE MAKE A DIFFERENCE
so you make your excuses ahead of time kinda the way that you are now saying that the fight should be at 140, so when it happens at 147 you can discredit it by saying Floyd wasnt a true champion cuz he would go down in weight to fight a guy that he tried to fight twice when they were in the same weightclass.

Kinda hard to deal on one on one basis when so many make the same excuses. My point is if you dont like a fighter it doesnt matter what they do or who they fight cuz it will never be enough. It will always be the guy that he didnt fight, or the weight he wouldnt move up to that you will throw up to make your argument.

We do this for fun, no one is going to change anyone eles mind about anything on these broads
1lehudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #53
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
so you make your excuses ahead of time kinda the way that you are now saying that the fight should be at 140, so when it happens at 147 you can discredit it by saying Floyd wasnt a true champion cuz he would go down in weight to fight a guy that he tried to fight twice when they were in the same weightclass.

Kinda hard to deal on one on one basis when so many make the same excuses. My point is if you dont like a fighter it doesnt matter what they do or who they fight cuz it will never be enough. It will always be the guy that he didnt fight, or the weight he wouldnt move up to that you will throw up to make your argument.

We do this for fun, no one is going to change anyone eles mind about anything on these broads

My point is you're mind reading skills are TERRIBLE and believe it or not?? Some people are actually capable of respecting factual evidence. Generalizations ARE BULLSHIT.

I'll respect PBF for beating Hatton at 40 or 47, if that happens. There is a short list of top opponents that would add much needed respect and legitimacy to Floyd's legacy and while I'll never like the man, I can respect ACTION.
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #54
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens NYC
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

You boys may think I'm a bit out of my mind but I don't see how Hatton beats PBF at anyweight, anywhere and at any point in history. Even at the tender age of 85 PBF outpoints Hatton on the steps of their nursing home.

While Junior Soprano takes bets.
Caper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #55
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper
You boys may think I'm a bit out of my mind but I don't see how Hatton beats PBF at anyweight, anywhere and at any point in history. Even at the tender age of 85 PBF outpoints Hatton on the steps of their nursing home.

While Junior Soprano takes bets.

Feeling that way doesnt make you crazy. Yet, there's only one way to find OUT and that's Hatton is a prime undefeated CHAMPION and therefore a worthy challenge and mark for PBF's record.


The fact that Floyd does his best to avoid proving it against top challengers is whats ****ed up. It should be more of that famous 'easy money', so let him go out and get it. That's what real champions would do.
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #56
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens NYC
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Feeling that way doesnt make you crazy. Yet, there's only one way to find OUT and that's Hatton is a prime undefeated CHAMPION and therefore a worthy challenge and mark for PBF's record.


The fact that Floyd does his best to avoid proving it against top challengers is whats ****ed up. It should be more of that famous 'easy money', so let him go out and get it. That's what real champions would do.
Agreed.....

Floyd should prove it in the ring, I think he will. Lets hope he stays in the pocket and bangs with the mad hatter.
Caper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #57
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper
Agreed.....

Floyd should prove it in the ring, I think he will. Lets hope he stays in the pocket and bangs with the mad hatter.

Well, I'll be rooting for Hatton, but will give Floyd props for making and winning, if that's how it shakes out I hope Hatton is a big wad of cash that fills that pocket til it bursts Though admittedly, PBF will be the favorite.
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #58
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens NYC
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Well, I'll be rooting for Hatton, but will give Floyd props for making and winning, if that's how it shakes out I hope Hatton is a big wad of cash that fills that pocket til it bursts Though admittedly, PBF will be the favorite.
Well logically speaking PBF has every advantage over Hatton though Hatton has that X factor that so many have neglected in the past and that's his determination for victory so it makes for high drama either way. I'm not a huge fan of either though I had a small passion for Floyd in my younger days before he started going into the whole money throwing stage of his career.
Caper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #59
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charm City, MD
Posts: 921
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

if anything PBF is even sharper at 140 than he is above, so Hatton would have a better shot fighting at 147...the 140 version of PBF destroys Hatton...
Jinx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #60
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: england
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

i'd like to see it at welter or a catchweight.

that way floyd's title is on the line and no one can moan about mayweather draining his self to make weight.

either way this ain't an easy night for floyd.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013